ECT Pentecostals Will Tell You Why

andyc

As usual, saint john w the great is correctamundo.

They knew in part, and prophesied in part. They spoke forth the Word of God. The knowledge was a gift.

When that which is perfect came, the completed revelation,

Maybe you could point out where it was previously incomplete?

the gift of knowledge and speaking it forth in part was no longer needed.

The context is concerning the use of the gift of tongues in a better way, and the better way is being motivated by the love of God.

1Cor 13:1-7
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing. Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Paul then goes on to explain that love will never fail, but the other qualities mentioned are all to do with this life. Everything we do in this life should be by faith. We see by faith because what we believe is not yet manifested. When it is, faith is no longer necessary, which means that the gifts are no longer necessary. And so, if only love remains, motivation ought to be to walk in love, which is the better way.

Cross Reference

"also ran" that you are."-you

Your “page:”
This page has had 1,216 visits

The great saint John W’s page:
This page has had 14,859 visits

Contrasts.

Poor you, trying to "save face,"as not many are "hitting" you on the circuit, and you are using me, as others do, given my fame, to draw attention to yourself. I feel so cheap.

You are cheap. You own that territory. You will, no doubt, continue to demonstrate that fact.

andyc

Another poser, whose "argument," after taking on the great saint John W, is reduced to assert, pound the podium, declare "victory," return to "You are wrong" echo chamber.

Nice volley, squirt.

Yep it was a volley right out of the top draw, weren't it ;)

Paul obviously wanted the Corinthians to come short in no gift as they eagerly waited for Christ's return. And what do you do?

Trash the gifts.

john w

Hall of Fame
You are cheap. You own that territory. You will, no doubt, continue to demonstrate that fact.

Still diggin' those emotional rants, eh toots?

My greatness, again, is only exceeded by my extreme humility. Just ask me.And you are still boring me-pick it up.

SaulToPaul 2

Paul obviously wanted the Corinthians to come short in no gift as they eagerly waited for Christ's return. And what do you do?

Trash the gifts.

1 Corinthians 10:11 Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

john w

Hall of Fame

Trash the gifts.

The squirt is now trying to save face, as his "Wrong again, W." was his whimper, volley, to my methodically picking him apart, dismantling him. Need 666 band aids, for all the blood, squirt?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Shave your head-Paul did.

Sell all you have.

His instruction is that I should cover my head, that I do, he does not instruct me to sell all I have, but he instructs me to earnestly desire the gifts...that I do.

See we have to rightly divide the word to come to those things that are applicable to us.

andyc

PS: Nowhere does the scripture testify that these supernatural gifts would remain until, and subsequently cease upon, the Lord Jesus Christ's return/"appearing:"

Wrong again, W.

1Cor 1:5-7
.............. So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ

The squirt is now trying to save face, as his "Wrong again, W." was his whimper, volley, to my methodically picking him apart, dismantling him. Need 666 band aids, for all the blood, squirt?

:chuckle:

W cracks me up.

john w

Hall of Fame
His instruction is that I should cover my head, that I do, he does not instruct me to sell all I have, but he instructs me to earnestly desire the gifts...that I do.

See we have to rightly divide the word to come to those things that are applicable to us.

Nope.

"The word of God exhorts us to earnestly desire the gifts of the Holy Spirit.....We believe the written word...."-Dora

"-you

The word of God says to sell all you have, exhorts you to follow the law, and raise the dead.

Do it, or drop your "The word of God says/exhorts...........We believe the written word" deceitful premise("supporting walls"/premise to your reasons for a conclusion/argument), or be seated.

And send me your 401(K)$'s, or whatever they give you in the old country.

oatmeal

Nope.

"The word of God exhorts us to earnestly desire the gifts of the Holy Spirit.....We believe the written word...."-Dora

"-you

The word of God says to sell all you have, exhorts you to follow the law, and raise the dead.

Do it, or drop your "The word of God says/exhorts...........We believe the written word" deceitful premise("supporting walls"/premise to your reasons for a conclusion/argument), or be seated.

So then desire the best spiritual gifts!

What's holding you up?

You have formed conclusions without sufficient evidence.

Jesus Christ is not ashamed to call you a brother, neither am I.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Nope.

"-you

You want to have it both ways, you teach that not all the bible is applicable to all people all the time.

But Paul's instructions to the assembly ARE applicable to the assembly.

andyc

Yuss the gifts are signs of the kingdom, when the kingdom does come then that which is perfect will have come.

That's it, T.

As scripture says, "who hopes for what he already sees?"
But if we don't see it literally, we have to see it by faith (in part).

Even the non pentecostal evangelicals who are against the gifts know that the "in part" is not talking about incomplete scripture. It really shows desperation to cling to these sloppy arguments. Speaking of W......... LOL

SaulToPaul 2

You sure are moody. You should head on over to your galfriend's, whom/who you are courting, watch a little TV, have a little cashew fudge... And keep the lights on.

I think I'll head home, have an ice cold Mountain Dew, read saint john w's posts, watch a little tv. Yep, that's the plan. Head home, Mountain Dew, john w's posts. Home, Dew.......