ECT Why shouldn't I convert from Evangelical Protestant to Catholic?

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
You add and take away from God's word.
Nope, neither.
Nowhere anywhere in the Bible does it say to dig up decayed bodies and put them on display to be prayed to for a healing, as the Catholics do.
When Jesus was walking on the stormy waves of the sea, his disciples could see plainly that he was God in the flesh (Job 9:8). When Saint Peter lowered himself down to the rough water, he too "[tread] upon the crests of the sea." This is what Peter meant by "you may come to share in the divine nature" (2nd Peter 1:4); that you can walk on water, too. In theory, in effect, if you were to believe the Catholic faith perfectly, for the rest of your life, you would be living the life of a saint. The saints believed the faith perfectly. And those with perfected faith, are sharing in the divine nature, and this means that for all who can see, they are indistinguishable from the Creator as a man. Or from the Creator as a woman. "Greater works than these . . . . "

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
RichRock exposed himself when he constantly puts me down.

Then you came and made a false judgement about me.

Jesus says we will know them by their fruit.

Jesus says what comes out of a person's mouth is WHAT IS IN THEIR HEART.
Where is your mouth as you write your posts? Nobody's posts constitute "what comes out of a person's mouth." You had no justification to judge. I was right.

Cruciform

Nowhere anywhere in the Bible does it say to dig up decayed bodies and put them on display to be prayed to for a healing, as the Catholics do.
Nowhere anywhere in the Bible does it say that Christians are restricted in their actions only to things that are explicitly stated in "the Bible alone," as you assume here.

Try again?

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Nowhere anywhere in the Bible does it say that Christians are restricted in their actions only to things that are explicitly stated in "the Bible alone," as you assume here.

Try again?

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

we will have to remind them of this

God's Truth

The Catechism of the Catholic Church is the most significant literature ever.

Your turn.
Why won't you tell me how the Catholics obey Jesus!

Jesus' words are life, not the catechism.

Tell me, how do you obey Jesus when he says call no man 'father'?

I will tell you how I obey Jesus.

I obey Jesus by not calling any of my brothers in Christ 'father'.

Your turn.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Why won't you tell me how the Catholics obey Jesus!

Jesus' words are life, not the catechism.

Tell me, how do you obey Jesus when he says call no man 'father'?

I will tell you how I obey Jesus.

I obey Jesus by not calling any of my brothers in Christ 'father'.

Your turn.
The Catechism of the Catholic Church is Jesus' special gift to his Bride.

Your turn.

God's Truth

Nope, neither.
When Jesus was walking on the stormy waves of the sea, his disciples could see plainly that he was God in the flesh (Job 9:8). When Saint Peter lowered himself down to the rough water, he too "[tread] upon the crests of the sea." This is what Peter meant by "you may come to share in the divine nature" (2nd Peter 1:4); that you can walk on water, too. In theory, in effect, if you were to believe the Catholic faith perfectly, for the rest of your life, you would be living the life of a saint. The saints believed the faith perfectly. And those with perfected faith, are sharing in the divine nature, and this means that for all who can see, they are indistinguishable from the Creator as a man. Or from the Creator as a woman. "Greater works than these . . . . "

You are trying to make your words equal to that of God's words, and that just is wrong.

All who come to God through Jesus are saints.

As for us doing greater works---that was during the laying of the foundation. The foundation has been laid.

Hebrews 2:3 how shall we escape if we ignore so great a salvation? This salvation, which was first announced by the Lord, was confirmed to us by those who heard him.

4 God also testified to it by signs, wonders and various miracles, and by gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to his will.

Acts 14:3
So Paul and Barnabas spent considerable time there, speaking boldly for the Lord, who confirmed the message of his grace by enabling them to perform signs and wonders.

You cannot defend with truth the evil practice the Catholics do when they dig up decayed bodies and pray to them.

st-rose.jpg

st-rose-and-the-pope.jpg

God's Truth

Try again?

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

If you do things that are NOT in the Bible---then you practice words of MEN.

Jesus says when we do that---we NULLIFY God's word.

Acts 5:29 Peter and the other apostles replied: "We must obey God rather than human beings!

Matthew 15:6-9 Thus you nullify the word of God for the sake of your tradition. You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you:

“‘These people honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
They worship me in vain;
their teachings are but rules taught by men.’”

Mark 7:8-9, 13 You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to the traditions of men.” And he said to them: “You have a fine way of setting aside the commands of God in order to observe your own traditions!

13 Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that.”

The apostles from the New Testament received all the truth we need to guide us to eternal life. All we need to guide us to eternal life is written down in the Scriptures: John 16:13; 2 Peter 1:3; Acts 20:20, 27; Matthew 28:20; I Corinthians 14:37; 2 Timothy 3:16, 17.

We do not need elected men to interpret God’s word for us, but we are to check the scriptures to check out those claiming to be teachers, see Mark 7:14; 2 Timothy 3:15, 16, 17; John 20:30, 31; Acts 17:11; and, Psalm 119:105.

We are not to follow tradition or church laws or any human rules as authority for the church (Matthew 15:1-14; Colossians 2:8; Galatians 1:6-9; Proverbs 14:12; 2 John 9:11; Jeremiah 10:23).

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
You are trying to make your words equal to that of God's words
Nope.
, and that just is wrong.

All who come to God through Jesus are saints.
Yes, I expected you to know I was talking about another meaning for the word saint.
As for us doing greater works---that was during the laying of the foundation.
Chapter and verse please.
The foundation has been laid.
I know that. :AMR:
Hebrews 2:3 how shall we escape if we ignore so great a salvation? This salvation, which was first announced by the Lord, was confirmed to us by those who heard him.

4 God also testified to it by signs, wonders and various miracles, and by gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to his will.

So Paul and Barnabas spent considerable time there, speaking boldly for the Lord, who confirmed the message of his grace by enabling them to perform signs and wonders.

You cannot defend with truth the evil practice the Catholics do when they dig up decayed bodies and pray to them.

st-rose.jpg

st-rose-and-the-pope.jpg
Saint Elisha's bones brought a dead man back to life. 2nd Kings 13:21

What would you do with Elisha's bones, if you had them?

God's Truth

Nope.
Yes, I expected you to know I was talking about another meaning for the word saint.
Chapter and verse please.
I know that. :AMR:
Saint Elisha's bones brought a dead man back to life. 2nd Kings 13:21

What would you do with Elisha's bones, if you had them?

I gave you the scriptures.

As for your question "What would you do with Elsih's bones, if I had them". I would bury them.

God's Truth

I missed them. Specifically, where are the scriptures proving this statement:

Oh.

As for us doing greater works---that was during the laying of the foundation. The foundation has been laid.