Dozer's Fixation on Rape!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClimateSanity

Gotcha. Just don't understand the mentality: "Ignore me, eh? Well I'll keep going after you so it looks like a really weird one-sided conversation! I win!":devil:

He might be responding to you to correct bad ideas so the public doesn't assume everyone agrees.....but I'm not a mind reader.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Big man goes and complains to mods about people "being mean" to him.

From someone who bravely defended his friends and family against impromptu gunfire (as doser has claimed), this seems sort of cowardly, no?

aww, isn't that sweet

greggie has a crush on me :peach:

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I was going to stay out of this discussion. But, people are honestly reading something in doser's, glorydaz's, and genuineoriginal's posts that just isn't there. None of them are saying, "The rape victim is totally responsible for being raped, so let's not blame the man/men who raped her." As a rape victim, even I can see that. They are saying that, in some cases, the victim needs to realize that her behavior choices can lead to rape. And, they are right. This takes absolutely no blame away from the rapist. He chose to rape her. He is guilty of that.

I can tell you that, in my own case, I made some bad decisions the night I was raped. I decided to drink heavily (to the point of forgetting where I was). I decided to get high. I decided to be the only woman hanging out with a group of men who were drinking and getting high. I'm not saying that it's my decision that I was raped. But, I do accept that if I hadn't acted the way I had, I probably wouldn't have been raped. My actions do nothing to take away the guilt of the guys who raped me. My realization of this came several years after I was raped. I changed the way I behaved. I no longer drink or do drugs. And, the only time I hang around a group of men is if I'm in a situation where there are the same number of women with them. I'm more vigilant when I'm in a mixed gender situation. In other words, I learned to become responsible for my own actions. Guess what. I've never been raped since.

Like doser, glorydaz, and genuineoriginal, I believe that our society is responsible for producing rapists and rape victims. We've raised our young men to believe that if it feels good they should do whatever they want. In our rush to show that women are equal and need no protection from anyone, we've raised our daughters to believe that no matter what they do, all they have to do is say no and no harm will come to them. We're taking away from women by saying that she holds no responsibility for her own behavior choices. We're taking away from women by saying that they're not capable of saying no if they are drunk or high. We take away from society, in general, because we mollycoddle our youth, excusing their bad behavior choices by saying, "All kids go through this. We may as well face it." As it stands today, the death penalty has no bite to it because we allow inmates to appeal for twenty years or more before they are executed for their crimes. And, we sanitize that by executing them in a clinical setting. And, now, we are making the cops the bad guys for doing their jobs. I hate to think of what this society will be like for my grandchildren, should I ever have any.

Quetzal

I was going to stay out of this discussion. But, people are honestly reading something in doser's, glorydaz's, and genuineoriginal's posts that just isn't there. None of them are saying, "The rape victim is totally responsible for being raped, so let's not blame the man/men who raped her." As a rape victim, even I can see that. They are saying that, in some cases, the victim needs to realize that her behavior choices can lead to rape. And, they are right. This takes absolutely no blame away from the rapist. He chose to rape her. He is guilty of that.

I can tell you that, in my own case, I made some bad decisions the night I was raped. I decided to drink heavily (to the point of forgetting where I was). I decided to get high. I decided to be the only woman hanging out with a group of men who were drinking and getting high. I'm not saying that it's my decision that I was raped. But, I do accept that if I hadn't acted the way I had, I probably wouldn't have been raped. My actions do nothing to take away the guilt of the guys who raped me. My realization of this came several years after I was raped. I changed the way I behaved. I no longer drink or do drugs. And, the only time I hang around a group of men is if I'm in a situation where there are the same number of women with them. I'm more vigilant when I'm in a mixed gender situation. In other words, I learned to become responsible for my own actions. Guess what. I've never been raped since.

Like doser, glorydaz, and genuineoriginal, I believe that our society is responsible for producing rapists and rape victims. We've raised our young men to believe that if it feels good they should do whatever they want. In our rush to show that women are equal and need no protection from anyone, we've raised our daughters to believe that no matter what they do, all they have to do is say no and no harm will come to them. We're taking away from women by saying that she holds no responsibility for her own behavior choices. We're taking away from women by saying that they're not capable of saying no if they are drunk or high. We take away from society, in general, because we mollycoddle our youth, excusing their bad behavior choices by saying, "All kids go through this. We may as well face it." As it stands today, the death penalty has no bite to it because we allow inmates to appeal for twenty years or more before they are executed for their crimes. And, we sanitize that by executing them in a clinical setting. And, now, we are making the cops the bad guys for doing their jobs. I hate to think of what this society will be like for my grandchildren, should I ever have any.
I honestly believe you are giving Doser way too much credit.

Quetzal

In other words, I learned to become responsible for my own actions. Guess what. I've never been raped since.
I put a garden pot outside our front door. I have not seen a single bear. That must mean that garden pots repel bears.

That line of logic is similar to yours and it holds no weight because it isn't accurate.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I put a garden pot outside our front door. I have not seen a single bear. That must mean that garden pots repel bears.

That line of logic is similar to yours and it holds no weight because it isn't accurate.

i honestly believe you just went full retard

Nori - what do you think?

can you ban him for going full retard?

ClimateSanity

Thanks for adding more sanity to the discussion and attempting to give it some decency. I'm sorry you and so many women had to go through what you did.

ClimateSanity

There is more logic than you want to admit. She removed behaviors that occurred when she was raped......it is logical to admit that it must have had something to do with her not being raped again.

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

You think that my behavior had nothing to do with my being raped? Or do you think that my behavior since then has nothing to do with my not being raped? I have to say that I believe you're wrong in both cases.

And, repelling bears is not even close to being similar to protecting yourself from being raped. Bears are generally in certain geographical areas. If you don't want a bear in your yard, don't build your house in an area known for bear sightings.

i honestly believe you just went full retard

Nori - what do you think?

can you ban him for going full retard?

No, doser. I'm not going to ban him. He's done nothing wrong.

Quetzal

You think that my behavior had nothing to do with my being raped? Or do you think that my behavior since then has nothing to do with my not being raped? I have to say that I believe you're wrong in both cases.
I disagree, I do not believe any blame should be laid to you for what they did. But that is just my perspective.

And, repelling bears is not even close to being similar to protecting yourself from being raped. Bears are generally in certain geographical areas. If you don't want a bear in your yard, don't build your house in an area known for bear sightings.
I feel like literary devices are a lost art on this forum...

Quetzal

There is more logic than you want to admit. She removed behaviors that occurred when she was raped......it is logical to admit that it must have had something to do with her not being raped again.
Maybe, but pure statistical probability can also answer for that.

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I disagree, I do not believe any blame should be laid to you for what they did. But that is just my perspective.

I'm not responsible, nor do I accept any blame for their decision to rape me. I accept responsibility for the choices I made. And, I know that had I not been drunk and high, chances are that I wouldn't have been raped.

I feel like literary devices are a lost art on this forum...

And, others have done the same thing to doser when he tries to bring up another situation where the victim may have a little bit of responsibility for whatever crime happens to them. He mentioned rape first, so now, everyone is fixated on rape and that he "doesn't blame the rapist." The thing is that he does blame the rapist for what he chooses to do.

glorydaz

Yes, lets turn the discussion to what a decent moral person would or wouldn't do, since that is the real point of this discussion.
A decent moral person would not have raped the woman in the bar.

A decent moral person would not have behaved like a complete slut with a bunch of drunk men.

A decent moral person would have walked away from the woman that was behaving like a complete slut.

What else would a decent moral person have done in that situation?

I keep saying they should be put to death for raping her.
Maybe you missed it?

It's too simple to be seen when emotions are ruling the roost. This, however, is THE POINT.

That and we live in a world filled with sin. Surely we can understand that bad behavior, of any kind, whether that of the man or the woman, should NEVER be called good. Surely we are not so blinded by the god of this world that we call that girl's actions in the video "good". There is plenty of evil in that bar, and I'm shocked that hers is being ignored because she happened to suffer the consequences for her actions. Those boys didn't jump on her out of the dark while she was walking down the street. She is NOT without FAULT. Amazing. :nono:

Isaiah 5:20
Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!​

Quetzal

I'm not responsible, nor do I accept any blame for their decision to rape me. I accept responsibility for the choices I made. And, I know that had I not been drunk and high, chances are that I wouldn't have been raped.
You don't know that and it certainly doesn't excuse their actions.

And, others have done the same thing to doser when he tries to bring up another situation where the victim may have a little bit of responsibility for whatever crime happens to them. He mentioned rape first, so now, everyone is fixated on rape and that he "doesn't blame the rapist." The thing is that he does blame the rapist for what he chooses to do.
And many of us have responded positively to the idea that there are crimes out there where that might apply. We are just not convinced rape is one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.