Zimfan's SPOTD 3/08/04

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zimfan

BillyBob posted:

Originally posted by Duder
That's right! No one except business owners and corporate executives deserve medical coverage,

Medical coverage is available to everyone. When did it become the requirement of an employer to provide it? If an employer provides it, it is considered part of an employees salary, but there is no reason an employer automatically pay for it. If you want an employer paying for medical coverage, why not expect him to pay for food, housing, utilities, child care, clothing and haircuts?

a pension,

Hey, nobody is stopping an employee from taking a percentage of his earnings and investing them. Why should an employer be expected to pay such things? [unless, of course, a pension is agreed as part of an employees salary]

scheduled days off or vacations.

Huh? I imagine most employees are welcome to schedule a few days off for vacation. But there is no reason to expect that your employer pay you while you don't work. [unless, of course, a paid vacation is agreed as part of an employees salary]

Bunch of darn ingrate aggitators, if you ask me. I mean, who do these lowlife jerks think they are, demanding anything more than subsistence wages?

I call them 'commies'.

If they want to live above the level of 'subsistence wages', they should make themselves more valuable to their employers. If they really want to make some money, they should take a risk and go into business for themselves and see what the real world is like, instead of leaching off of the hard work and risks of their employers, all the while complaining and demanding more. Labor Unions are nothing more than extortionist tools for a bunch of whiny, lazy, under qualified, overpaid commies.

:baby:

Context

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.