Y'shua spelling, a Jewish tradition

CherubRam

Y’shua spelling
ישׁוע / The yod alone can stand for the name Yah in a word.

Y’ shua is the short form of Yahshua. The spelling ישׁוע is a long standing Jewish tradition of not writing or pronouncing God’s name.

A theory by Christian Ginsburg that this is due to Hebrew scribes omitting the "h", changing Jeho (יְהוֹ‎) into Jo (יוֹ‎), to make the start of "Yeho-" names not sound like an attempt to pronounce the Divine Name. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theophoric_name

CherubRam

So in the OT the Book of Joshua should be the Book of Yahshua? Cool.
Here is a biblical mystery hidden in plain sight. Why did Moses name Hoshea, Joshua? Joshua=Yahshua
Numbers 13:16
These are the names of the men Moses sent to explore the land. (Moses gave Hoshea son of Nun the name Joshua.)

CherubRam

Yahshua the Messiah will "come in his Father's Name", with the help of the True Elect of God, therefore he must have at the very least the short form (Yah) in his spoken name.
Yahwah / Yahshua
The first name of God is Yah. There are forty eight occurrences of the short form in the bible.

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]Exodus 23:21
Pay attention to him and listen to what he says. Do not rebel against him; he will not forgive your rebellion, since my Name is in him. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Psalm 118:26
Blessed is he who comes in the name of Yahwah. From the house of Yahwah we bless you. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Matthew 23:39
For I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, ‘Blessed is he who comes in the name of Yahwah.’” [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Luke 13:35
Look, your house is left to you desolate. I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, ‘Blessed is he who comes in the name of Yahwah.’” [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]John 5:43
43 I have come in my Father’s name, and you do not accept me; but if someone else comes in his own name, you will accept him. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]John 17:11[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name, the name you gave me, so that they may be one as we are one.
Yah / Shua[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Isaiah 52:6[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Therefore my people will know my name; therefore in that day they will know that it is I who foretold it. Yes, it is I.”
Yahwah foretold it. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Proverbs 30:4[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Who has gone up to heaven and come down? Whose hands have gathered up the wind? Who has wrapped up the waters in a cloak? Who has established all the ends of the earth? What is his name, and what is the name of his son? Surely you know!
Yahshua is Yahwah's son. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]Catholic’s, Jews, and Messianic’s, work to prevent the Messiah’s return by not speaking God's name.[/FONT]

CherubRam

History of the name Jesus:

The English form "Jesus" was not seen nor spoken until after the year 1525, when Sir William Tyndale, a Protestant Reformer from Oxford, England; invented it.