ECT You will never come boldly to the throne of grace until...

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
You KNOW

That God is not mad at you

'slong as you think He may have a big stick behind His back with which to batter your brains, you'll never be free and at rest in His Presence. When temptation or trouble or trial comes you will never run to Him for help...indeed you will think those troubles and trials [including sickness] came from Him to punish you.

That is what the church has taught for HUNDREDS of years.

Repent, change your mind, change what you think, change the very way you think. That is the hardest discipline in the Christian life, to change how we think.

How we think about God, He is not mad at us, He is not agin us, He is FOR US
How we think about the devil, he is no longer our master, he is defeated.
How we think about US

Think of yourself like God thinks of you, you are His beloved child, He has loved you with an everlasting love, before He could not manifest that love but now it is His will to manifest His love for YOU. Before He may have blessed you secretly but now He wants to bless you for all the world to see and to know that YOU are His.

bling

A child that has been rebelliously disobedient needs both forgiveness and loving just/fair discipline (if at all possible). If the child humbly correctly accepts the parent’s loving discipline (especially with the involvement of the parent in the disciplining process) the child will come through it with an even better relationship with the parent and have no problem experiencing righteousness and justification and comfort around the father.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
...it's nice philosophy

The Christlike Christlife is allowing Christ to live and have His being IN US. His life will manifest

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
2 Corinthians 5

19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.

Bradley D

True worship requires both "love" and "fear/respect/reverence."

"Show proper respect to everyone, love the family of believers, fear God...." (1 Peter 2:17).

"Through love and faithfulness sin is atoned for; through the fear of the LORD evil is avoided" (Proverbs 16:6).

ZacharyB

...it's nice philosophy
The Christlike Christlife is allowing Christ to live and have His being IN US. His life will manifest
You moron, those like me are never talking about those who allow,
only those who do NOT allow!
The latter believers are in great danger of losing whatever they might have!

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
True worship requires both "love" and "fear/respect/reverence."

"Show proper respect to everyone, love the family of believers, fear God...." (1 Peter 2:17).

"Through love and faithfulness sin is atoned for; through the fear of the LORD evil is avoided" (Proverbs 16:6).
It depends what you mean by fear...how many times does Jesus say "fear not"? there is a kind of fear which will guarantee that you will never come BOLDLY to the throne of grace

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
You moron, those like me are never talking about those who allow,
only those who do NOT allow!
The latter believers are in great danger of losing whatever they might have!

And those like me say THAT is not your call. When God saves He saves with FULL KNOWLEDGE of everthing that person has done or will do, all that they have been and all that they are. UNCONDITIONALLY they are saved apart from repentance and faith. It's once forever.

You read Hebrews but you don't understand it for you say we must keep repenting, we must LIVE repentant according to you but Hebrews says it is IMPOSSIBLE, if you deliberately sin [and ALL sin is deliberate] to come back to repentance. See you saying the opposite.

WHY is it impossible?

Because there is only one sacrifice for sin, there IS no further sacrifice....if that one has not worked or does not work you've had it, now all that's left is to look forward to punishment.

YOU HAVE GOT TO MAKE THE CROSS WORK...THAT is what Hebrews is saying, don't go back to keeping commandments [which is what YOU are doing] if you do you are holding the cross up to shame showing everyone that it has failed.

But the cross WILL work, keep believing, keep confessing it. Look the devil in the eye when you fall, get up and tell him "I have been crucified with Christ and the life I now live I live by the faith of the Son of God"

You'll get victory, sooner or later he will have to back off...God will back you up when He SEES that at last you do believe .

What do I care here about those who have never received Christ? but YOU target God's most precious people, the tremblers, those who are barely hanging on...you come along and tread on their fingers.

....and you think God is pleased.

Learn this scripture from Isaiah..."the bruised reed He will not crush nor the smoking flax quench"