You Who Choose Permanent Death. Why Do You Do That?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
So your state of mind when you realized the evidence was logically consistent would be that you still believed that "x" didn't exist,

Correct.

but you could go ahead and believe that it did exist and - poof - you would now believe that it did?

"When someone begins to believe X, then that person believes X" is what you just said. So yes, thank you for the tautology. On the other hand, a person, faced with X, can choose to reject X, and therefore, he does not believe X. (The only time this choice is irreversible is at the point of death, at which point he will have no other choice but to acknowledge X, and face the consequences of rejecting X.)

Beliefs are formed based on the acceptance or rejection of reality.

Reality, however, is what "is." It is not subjective. It is purely objective.

God exists.

That statement is, itself, a tautology, because He, being the source of everything that exists, must necessarily exist.

He is the only necessary Being.

It's like saying "the source of existence, exists."

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
@rstrats In addition, one can acknowledge that X exists, or more generally, that X "is true," and live as if it is not, but that would be illogical, irrational, and unhealthy, both mentally and spiritually.

rstrats

"When someone begins to believe X, then that person believes X" is what you just said.

That statement between your quote marks is true, but I don't see where I've said that. I think that in the immortal words of Struther Martin, "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

marke

The bible says that Jesus ate bread, fish, and drank wine after his resurrection. It shows that he had a real body. But I wonder if he actually had to breath, to eat, drink or if that was just optional? If the lion lays down with the lamb in the future, would he be eating meat at that point?
I think the lion will be eating straw, not meat.

Isaiah 11:7
And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.