you might have life through His name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Meshak isn't a member of the 'Body of Christ' therefore, she's NOT a real Christian. She has a desire to EARN her salvation, however, that's not gonna work for her. She denies and rejects the only Gospel that offers salvation, forgiveness of all sins and eternal life.

nikolai_42

Show me where in Titus it says that, and I will show you were you are mistaken.

Here are scriptures that say if you obey Jesus he will save you:

Christ isn't even offering it to you until you do right.

Acts 10:35 but that in every nation those who fear Him and live good lives are acceptable to Him.

Acts 5:32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him."

Psalm 50:23 Whoever sacrifices a thank offering honors Me, and whoever orders his conduct, I will show him the salvation of God."

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

John 15:10 If you obey my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commandments and remain in his love.

Acts 13:26 "Fellow children of Abraham and you God-fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.

John 18:37 Everyone on the side of truth listens to me."

John 3:21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

Jesus says you will not be blessed as a disciple, as a family member and as a friend if you do not do what he says.

John 8:35 To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples.

Luke 11:28 He replied, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it."

John 13:17 Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.

Matthew 12:50 For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother."

John 15:14 You are my friends if you do what I command.

…unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven; Matthew 5:32.

…unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven; Matthew 18:3.

…unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart; Matthew 18:35.

…unless you repent, you too will all perish; Luke 13:3.

… unless they are born of water and the Spirit; John 3:5.

Unless I wash you, you have no part with me; John 13:8.

…unless it dies; 1 Corinthians 15:36.

...if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you; Matthew 6:14

...if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins; Matthew 6:15

...If you continue to follow my teaching, you are really my disciples;
John 8:31

...if you do them you will be blessed; John 13:17

If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love; John 15:10

...if you do what I command you are my friends; John 15:14

...if we obey His commands---we may know that we know Him; 1 John 2:3

And my whole point is in that last verse, basically. Obedience is a sign, not an a priori requirement before God will work. We can’t even come to Him unless He first works in us. And it may well be that we don’t even realize He is but to lay the law down as the requirement is to emphasize works as the active agent in one’s salvation instead of the grace of God. Restating the law as a requirement on man is a burden, not good news. Jesus’ commands are only a delight to the one who already has been given a heart after Him. All the demanding of works isn’t going to add to the effectual work of the Holy Spirit in the believer. That’s why the over-emphasis of the requirement of works is a concern. It tries to replicate the Holy Spirit’s operation. We can’t do that. But when we are His, obedience is a joy. But it isn’t what gets God to start working in us. We can certainly tell men what is required but we can’t make our obedience the way to God.

Not by works of righteousness which we have done but according to His mercy He saved us.
Titus 3:5

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

nikolai_42

I don't believe in predestination, if that was so, there would be no need call many, no need to preach the gospel to every creature in every nation and the angels in heaven would have no need to rejoice over one sinner that repents and there would be no need to be saved through faith by God's grace, because they would already be saved by God which is not the truth. We have freewill and we have a choice. Believe the truth or not.

There is no need for repentance if God has already chosen who are his. Yet Jesus and his apostles all preach that we are to repent, which is to regret and turn away from, and for us that's sin!

I am merely repeating what is in the Greek. It is pretty clear that there was something that God did and accomplished in eternity past that is effectual for us now. I won’t say I understand it all but when one’s righteousness is dependent upon God’s work, it has to be unilaterally Him in men who are dead in trespasses and sin. If there is any eternal good in us then we need to make use of that. If not, we are blind and hopeless unless He takes out the heart of stone and gives us a heart of flesh.

What part of the scriptures I cited do you believe I am misinterpreting?

nikolai_42

Without obedience we don't receive the Holy Spirit. So how can we be saved without the Spirit?

Acts 5

And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him

And Jesus said those who enter the kingdom of heaven are those who do the will of the father which is in heaven.

And there's this,

Revelation 22

And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

No doing the commandments no entering in and no eating off the tree of Life.

Without death to self, there is no life because God can't live in a person who puts their flesh before him. And others won't see God and Christ and the fruits of the Spirit, they'll see our flesh.

Those who belong to God are doers of the word and not hearers only, people seem to think that they are saved and that's it. No once we are saved we partake in the sufferings of Christ and do the works of God and live by his will.

Trust in Christ certainly implies more than a punched ticket to heaven or “fire insurance”. But that’s my point. Those that really rest on and in Him are secure regardless. Those that are not His will not persevere. They went out from us because they were not of us.

drbrumley

恵みによって、あなたは信仰によって救われ、自分のものではありません。これは、神の贈り物は、作品ではなく、誰もが自慢する必要があります (エペソ 2:8-9)

meshak

BANNED
Banned
恵みによって、あなたは信仰によって救われ、自分のものではありません。これは、神の贈り物は、作品ではなく、誰もが自慢する必要があります (エペソ 2:8-9)

You are misusing the verse.

Many of your claims are misusing the verses.

And you have been refuted over and over for your misreading the verses.

get over it.

God's Truth

Trust in Christ certainly implies more than a punched ticket to heaven or “fire insurance”. But that’s my point. Those that really rest on and in Him are secure regardless. Those that are not His will not persevere. They went out from us because they were not of us.

Since you know that, why go against those who preach that for preaching that?

I know many people who call themselves 'Christian' and 'Believers'; yet, they live their life as always.

WE HAVE TO obey to get saved, and to stay saved.

God's Truth

The only way we love Him is if He works in us. Herein is love....

What you said is not scripture.

What you said if false. God SAVES those WHO LOVE HIM. We love Him BY obeying Him.

Acts 10:35 but that in every nation those who fear Him and live good lives are acceptable to Him.

Acts 5:32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him."

Psalm 50:23 Whoever sacrifices a thank offering honors Me, and whoever orders his conduct, I will show him the salvation of God."

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

John 15:10 If you obey my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commandments and remain in his love.

Acts 13:26 "Fellow children of Abraham and you God-fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.

1 Corinthians 8:3 But whoever loves God is known by God

1 John 5:3 For this is what love for God is: to keep His commands. Now His commands are not a burden,

Proverbs 8:17 I love those who love me,

John 1:6 And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands.

1 John 3:24 Those who obey his commands live in him, and he in them.

1 Samuel 2:30 "Therefore the LORD, the God of Israel, declares: 'I promised that members of your family would minister before me forever.' But now the LORD declares: 'Far be it from me! Those who honor me I will honor, but those who despise me will be disdained.

Psalm 91:14 "Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.

Proverbs 1:23Repent at my rebuke!
Then I will pour out my thoughts to you,
I will make known to you my teachings.

Right Divider

Body part
What you said is not scripture.

What you said if false. God SAVES those WHO LOVE HIM. We love Him BY obeying Him.

1 Corinthians 8:3 But whoever loves God is known by God

1 John 5:3 For this is what love for God is: to keep His commands. Now His commands are not a burden,

Proverbs 8:17 I love those who love me,

John 1:6 And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands.

1 John 3:24 Those who obey his commands live in him, and he in them.

1 Samuel 2:30 "Therefore the LORD, the God of Israel, declares: 'I promised that members of your family would minister before me forever.' But now the LORD declares: 'Far be it from me! Those who honor me I will honor, but those who despise me will be disdained.

Psalm 91:14 "Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.

Proverbs 1:23Repent at my rebuke!
Then I will pour out my thoughts to you,
I will make known to you my teachings.
Scripture quoted from EVERYWHERE but the apostle that was given the dispensation of gospel of the grace of God.

You are graceless and lost.

God's Truth

I am merely repeating what is in the Greek. It is pretty clear that there was something that God did and accomplished in eternity past that is effectual for us now. I won’t say I understand it all but when one’s righteousness is dependent upon God’s work, it has to be unilaterally Him in men who are dead in trespasses and sin. If there is any eternal good in us then we need to make use of that. If not, we are blind and hopeless unless He takes out the heart of stone and gives us a heart of flesh.

What part of the scriptures I cited do you believe I am misinterpreting?

Jesus says there are good people and that they are the people who come to him to be saved; they are the people who believe and obey and are saved.

Luke 8:15 “… these are the ones who have heard the word in an honest and good heart, and hold it fast, and bear fruit with perseverance.”

Matthew 12:35 A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him.

John 18:37 "You are a king, then!" said Pilate. Jesus answered, "You say that I am a king. In fact, the reason I was born and came into the world is to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me."

John 3:21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

Status
Not open for further replies.