you Dish subscribers should ask 2b let out of your contract (and $ back)

republicanchick

I meant Time Warner Cable but it goes for any of those companies.

The good thing about Roku, or something similar from Amazon or Google, is that you don't need a computer at all. You just connect it to your TV and they have a decent Fox News application. If you like The Factor, for example, you can watch it. It just isn't live, which is a bad thing for some people but if you don't care about it being live, it's a good deal. You just watch the show an hour or two late. A Roku is also a one time purchase, so no monthly payments other than your internet.

Anyways, just a friendly suggestion. I also got fed up with tv providers and their horrible customer service.

thanks for the info. I still am not sure what i Roku is, but i think i will be asking at an electronics store... about this stuff

You could buy yourself a Roku, subscribe to Hulu Plus and drop your satellite or cable provider. There's plenty of ways to watch all the Fox News you want over the internet. You can save a lot of money doing that . Unless you're into watching live sports, archaic telecommunications are unneeded.

I can barely watch TV on my Dish at times as it's always breaking up. But moreover my TV and net are both Dish and there's no way I have either the speed or the band width to use Roku. In fact, I'm just ticked off as heck as I upgraded (again) to more band width and I'm already used my allotment for the month. I don't really care about the TV but my computer is always freezing. There is a land line service here but they want $80 a month for just the internet---and the slower speed at that.

What I always think about, though, with stuff like this is boycotts. It's the only real power we have as consumers to make any true changes but Americans are too stupid and lazy to use it.

republicanchick

I can barely watch TV on my Dish at times as it's always breaking up. But moreover my TV and net are both Dish and there's no way I have either the speed or the band width to use Roku. In fact, I'm just ticked off as heck as I upgraded (again) to more band width and I'm already used my allotment for the month. I don't really care about the TV but my computer is always freezing. There is a land line service here but they want $80 a month for just the internet---and the slower speed at that.

What I always think about, though, with stuff like this is boycotts. It's the only real power we have as consumers to make any true changes but Americans are too stupid and lazy to use it.

yeh, we should all boycott Dish

they seem too dumb @ Dish to even realize how some of us will NEVER use them again... never... even if they do get Fox... Tehy will have to depend (4 customers) on people as yet unborn or something

good luck on that one... considering how the birth rate is in SERIOS decline... not evn replacing ourselves... yeh, good luck with that, u Dish don't-know-anything-about-business folks

Quincy

thanks for the info. I still am not sure what i Roku is, but i think i will be asking at an electronics store... about this stuff

I know some folks in person who switched recently and they say there's no way they'd go back to traditional television. It's very nice to be able to watch what you want when you want, without much hassle. Even my own parents are doing it, my mother loves Murder, She Wrote and Netflix has every episode. She watches whichever episode whenever she wants.

I agree and I think it's sad that some people have little choice about providers depending on where they live. Not only are these companies price gouging, cutting back their channels carried, raising their prices and limiting your internet bandwidth but they also build monopolies anywhere they're located. Bad business.

republicanchick

I know some folks in person who switched recently and they say there's no way they'd go back to traditional television. It's very nice to be able to watch what you want when you want, without much hassle. Even my own parents are doing it, my mother loves Murder, She Wrote and Netflix has every episode. She watches whichever episode whenever she wants.

Iiness.

i chekced out Roku... you have to be connected to someone else's TV and can only watch exactly what they are watching

yeh, we should all boycott Dish

they seem too dumb @ Dish to even realize how some of us will NEVER use them again... never... even if they do get Fox... Tehy will have to depend (4 customers) on people as yet unborn or something

good luck on that one... considering how the birth rate is in SERIOS decline... not evn replacing ourselves... yeh, good luck with that, u Dish don't-know-anything-about-business folks

Actually, what I was thinking was boycotting companies that advertise on Fox. They're the ones raising their rates and it's the networks as much as the the cable providers who are responsible for prices going from around $35 a month in the mid 90's up to as much as $180 today.

Where I live the only way I have to get TV is Dishnet but I do plan to cancel in a few months when my contract is up. When I first called them it was $80 a month. By the end of the phone call it was 90. Now I'm at $140 a month (for TV and the net). Heck, a person could buy a new car for that much.

republicanchick

Actually, what I was thinking was boycotting companies that advertise on Fox. They're the ones raising their rates and it's the networks as much as the the cable providers who are responsible for prices going from around $35 a month in the mid 90's up to as much as $180 today.

Where I live the only way I have to get TV is Dishnet but I do plan to cancel in a few months when my contract is up. When I first called them it was $80 a month. By the end of the phone call it was 90. Now I'm at $140 a month (for TV and the net). Heck, a person could buy a new car for that much.

wow, that's amazing... the money grabbing whores...

hey, it goes back to what I always say

anyone who hates Fox is just... oh geez, fill in the blanks a thousand times... clueless... moron... libertine... lawless.. antichrist

:angel: