ECT You can't really understand Scripture without receiving the Holy Ghost

SimpleMan77

My heart hurts for those who have never received the Holy Ghost but are trying to understand Scripture. Paul said it's impossible.

1 Corinthians 2:11
For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

It's like trying to understand color if you have been blind from birth. Or like trying to understand the smell of a rose if you've never had the sense of smell. Think of how you'd explain the color blue to a person who's never seen anything...

The concepts are foreign. There's no frame of reference. It's impossible until you are born again of the Spirit.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Truster

My heart hurts for those who have never received the Holy Ghost but are trying to understand Scripture. Paul said it's impossible.

For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

It's like trying to understand color if you have been blind from birth. Or like trying to understand the smell of a rose if you've never had the sense of smell. Think of how you'd explain the color blue to a person who's never seen anything...

The concepts are foreign. There's no frame of reference. It's impossible until you are born again of the Spirit.

I used to guide a guy who was blind from birth into the mountains. I had to explain light to him.

Jerry Shugart

Besides that, the gospel comes in power and in the Holy Spirit so those who believe it understand spiritual things. The lord Jesus said:

"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life" (Jn.6:63).​

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
That is not what He said!

"Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit."

So what did he say if he didn't say this?

DAN P

"Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit."

So what did he say if he didn't say this?

Hi and what does John 3:5 , then mean ??

Is it for today ??

When does a person receive the Holy Spirit when he is SAVED ??

You should have a verse ??

1 Cor 12:3 explains it all !!

Can you explain that VERSE ??

dan p

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi and what does John 3:5 , then mean ??

Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter the kingdom of God." (John 3:5)

The word "gennao" means begotten or born. The correct choice is determined by the context.

Begettal precedes birth. We are not born of water, we are begotten by water as a spirit person to be born of the Father at Christ's appearing.

We know when he appears we will be like him.

DAN P

Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter the kingdom of God." (John 3:5)

The word "gennao" means begotten or born. The correct choice is determined by the context.

Begettal precedes birth. We are not born of water, we are begotten by water as a spirit person to be born of the Father at Christ's appearing.

We know when he appears we will be like him.

Hi and than you BELIEVE in Water Baptism along with the Holy Spirit ?

Born again is salvation , is that what yopu believe ?

If that is true WHERE SI THE BLOOD for the forgiveness of SINS ?? Heb 9:22 ??

dan p

SimpleMan77

Besides that, the gospel comes in power and in the Holy Spirit so those who believe it understand spiritual things. The lord Jesus said:

"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life" (Jn.6:63).​

The words of Jesus are not Spirit and Life unless received. To some they are condemnation at the final judgement. They are life to those who receive (read "believe and obey").

His words directed his followers very emphatically to receive the Holy Ghost once it was given - so much so that He didn't allow them to begin to win the world until they were filled with His Spirit.

Danoh

The words of Jesus are not Spirit and Life unless received. To some they are condemnation at the final judgement. They are life to those who receive (read "believe and obey").

His words directed his followers very emphatically to receive the Holy Ghost once it was given - so much so that He didn't allow them to begin to win the world until they were filled with His Spirit.

Welcome back SM77 :)

meshak

BANNED
Banned

well said, amen.

Jerry Shugart

The words of Jesus are not Spirit and Life unless received.

The word of God, specifically the gospel, comes in power and in the Holy Spirit (1 Thess.1:5) so the word of God is Spirit. And those who do not resist the Holy Spirit received life at the moment when they believe:

"But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name"
(Jn.20:31).​

SimpleMan77

The word of God, specifically the gospel, comes in power and in the Holy Spirit (1 Thess.1:5) so the word of God is Spirit. And those who do not resist the Holy Spirit received life at the moment when they believe:

"But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name"
(Jn.20:31).​

Jesus told the man at the Pool of Siloam "go wash". The healing power of His word was totally dependent on whether the man had the faith to obey. Without obedient faith, he would have died a blind man.

DAN P

Hi and 1 Cor 2 :14 explains why the NATURAL MAN will never understand as the bible is FOOLISHNESS TO HIM as the bible is spiritually discerned and can never know it !!

dan p

SimpleMan77

You can't really understand Scripture without receiving the Holy Ghost

Hi and 1 Cor 2 :14 explains why the NATURAL MAN will never understand as the bible is FOOLISHNESS TO HIM as the bible is spiritually discerned and can never know it !!

dan p

Carnally minded people cannot have a proper understanding of the Word of God. They can understand, but their understanding will be flawed.

The same Holy Ghost that inspired the writers of the New Testament is required in the readers of the New Testament if a correct understanding is to be obtained.

The Holy Ghost is poured out the same way today as it was in the early church - both for Jews and non-Jews.

DAN P

Carnally minded people cannot have a proper understanding of the Word of God. They can understand, but their understanding will be flawed.

The same Holy Ghost that inspired the writers of the New Testament is required in the readers of the New Testament if a correct understanding is to be obtained.

The Holy Ghost is poured out the same way today as it was in the early church - both for Jews and non-Jews.

Hi and write to me what verse they ??

dan p

SimpleMan77

You can't really understand Scripture without receiving the Holy Ghost

If the Gentiles hadn't spoken with tongues would Peter have believed that they had received the Holy Ghost (Acts 10,11)? Would the other apostles have believed? That was the only proof that Peter offered as evidence that the Gentiles had received the same gift that the Jews had.
If you've never spoken in tongues, would Peter and the apostles believe that you have the Holy Ghost?
I would never make anyone feel bad about their walk with God, but I would not to hesitate to ask someone "have you received the Holy Ghost SINCE you believed?". Paul definitely did not believe that you automatically receive the Holy Ghost at the moment that you believe.

DAN P

If the Gentiles hadn't spoken with tongues would Peter have believed that they had received the Holy Ghost (Acts 10,11)? Would the other apostles have believed? That was the only proof that Peter offered as evidence that the Gentiles had received the same gift that the Jews had.
If you've never spoken in tongues, would Peter and the apostles believe that you have the Holy Ghost?
I would never make anyone feel bad about their walk with God, but I would not to hesitate to ask someone "have you received the Holy Ghost SINCE you believed?". Paul definitely did not believe that you automatically receive the Holy Ghost at the moment that you believe.

Hi and you do not understand 1 Cor 12:3 for ONE !!

When Paul was saved by Jesus in Acts 9:6 , Paul recieved the Holy Spirit !!

Tongues or Languages have CEASED as 1 Cor 13:said that they would VANISH is in the Greek FUTURE TENSE , PASSIVE VOICE and in the Indicative Mood of FACT that it did VANISH AWAY !!

dan p