Y’shu or Jesus

CherubRam

The Holy Spirit communicates directly with our spirit, not in some human language.
Our spirit may "convert" this to our native tongue, but the conviction of sinfulness
and the encounter with the holiness of God needs no "human language" to understand.

I still think people like to be called by their correct name in place of a name that is offensive.

CherubRam

We don't yet know Jesus' new name.

His birth name is Yahshua.

Yah.

Exodus 23:21.Pay attention to him and listen to what he says. Do not rebel against him; he will not forgive your rebellion, since my Name is in him.
The name Jesus is misleading from understanding this parable. Only by using Messiah's birth name do we know this parable is about him.

Yah is the short form of God’s personal name Yahwah, used about fifty time in the Old Testament.
Yah-wah / Yah-shua

CherubRam

Dishonor His Name
For thousands of years the refusing to use a person's name has been a direct form of dishonor. Shortening the name, replacing the name, distorting the name, all are signs of dishonor.

Honorable Mention
An “honorable mention” is a title of distinction given to a person worthy of mention. Upon honoring the person their name is mentioned, so their name has a place of honor known among the people.

Malachi 1:6
“A son honors his father, and a slave his master. If I am a father,
where is the honor due me? If I am a master, where is the respect due me?” says [the LORD / Yahwah] Almighty. “It is you priests who show contempt for my name. “But you ask, ‘How have we shown contempt for your name?’

So what are your thoughts about this?

Malachi 2:2
If you do not listen, and
if you do not resolve to honor my name,” says [the LORD / Yahwah Almighty], “I will send a curse on you, and I will curse your blessings. Yes, I have already cursed them, because you have not resolved to honor me.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Yahshua sounds Jewish to me and we know Jesus is no longer a Jew so why would we refer to him by a Jewish name?

Spirit persons are not ethnic or racial.

CherubRam

Yahshua sounds Jewish to me and we know Jesus is no longer a Jew so why would we refer to him by a Jewish name?

Spirit persons are not ethnic or racial.

Most names are theophoric. I am not Hebrew but I have a theophoric name. My name is Michael.