Would one be considered Anti-Amrican if they do not "pledge allegiance to the flag"

StultusSapiens

Would one be considered Anti-Amrican if they do not "pledge allegiance to the flag"

just as christ has shown his love for us, should we not then pledge our allegiance to our "country" in proclamation of that love. For if one loves, is not supporting a form of demonstrating love?
Just my humble opinion I believe Allegiance is the key word here. Pledging is the act of promising to give.
Now allegiance is loyalty, moreover loyalty is showing complete and constant support. Read off the definitions of support, Christ is engaging and fulfilling every delineation of support. once in time one of the interest of this country was to follow Christ.
That "Flag" must once again represents that interest, so once more as a country we honor GOD. And when others see our flag its GOD glory that is shown.
So to wrap up and to gain clarity, what then would you call a individual who chooses not to "promise" their loyalty to America which the " flag" represents.
Maybe anti-love or plain self-centered be a little more appropriate.
When I reflect on the "pledge" i see that one is choosing to love others rather than the love of self. To all who proclaim this with conviction together we become as one under God, whith liberty, and "JUSTICE FOR ALL"
So for me yes one would be considered anti-american, for to "pledge allegiance" to country youre are saying you will rise to action to support liberty, and justice (equality) for "all".

I know let me guess, but America is no longer the America the founders established, and has done an about-face from its original ideals.

consider this
why than do many still identify as Christians if so many today stand for the darkness of this world.. No we keep choosing to identify as Christian because we believe in truth and we pledge our LIFE to Christ.
America is an idea and that idea needs people willing to stand for its foundation. America will be lost if more choose to let others perversion of that idea to muddy its original nature.
As Americans we strive to support its fundamental idea, and if that idea is perceived differently, its is are promise of loyalty to the flag to march forward as an example of its true nature.
Rant fin for now at least!

Sent from my LGLS775 using TheologyOnline mobile app

Last edited:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
It's a tradition, not a mark of one's love of country. I prefer not to partake in the pledge of allegiance because I don't like being told what to do, which is the American way hombre :wave:

StultusSapiens

It's a tradition, not a mark of one's love of country. I prefer not to partake in the pledge of allegiance because I don't like being told what to do, which is the American way hombre :wave:
Amen to the American way...
Agree that yes it very much is a tradition, however the spirit of it should be well and alive in all Americans.

Sent from my LGLS775 using TheologyOnline mobile app

Last edited: