Wormwood

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]Wormwood[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A type of bitterness, affliction, remorse, punitive suffering. In Amos 6:12 this Hebrew word is rendered "hemlock" (RSV, "Wormwood"). In the symbolical language of the Apocalypse ( Revelation 8:10 Revelation 8:11) a star is represented as falling on the waters of the earth, causing the third part of the waters to be turned wormwood (bitter, poisoned.)

The parabolic meaning of the word Wormwood is "bitterness," and it has to do with the waters becoming contaminated by radiation.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Deuteronomy 29:18
Lest there should be among you man, or woman, or family, or tribe, whose heart turneth away this day from the Lord our God, to go and serve the gods of these nations; lest there should be among you a root that beareth gall and wormwood;
In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Proverbs 5:4
But her end is bitter as wormwood, sharp as a two-edged sword.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Jeremiah 9:15
Therefore thus saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel; Behold, I will feed them, even this people, with wormwood, and give them water of gall to drink.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Jeremiah 23:15
Therefore thus saith the Lord of hosts concerning the prophets; Behold, I will feed them with wormwood, and make them drink the water of gall: for from the prophets of Jerusalem is profaneness gone forth into all the land.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Lamentations 3:15
He hath filled me with bitterness, he hath made me drunken with wormwood.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Lamentations 3:19
Remembering mine affliction and my misery, the wormwood and the gall.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Amos 5:7
Ye who turn judgment to wormwood, and leave off righteousness in the earth,

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Revelation 8:11
And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.
In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Die in an instant[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Job 34:20[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]They die in an instant, in the middle of the night; the people are shaken and they pass away; the mighty are removed without human hand.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]In Context[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] | [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Full Chapter[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] | [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Other Translations[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Isaiah 29:5[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]But your many enemies will become like fine dust, the ruthless hordes like blown chaff. Suddenly, in an instant,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]In Context[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] | [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Full Chapter[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] | [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Other Translations[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Jeremiah 4:20[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Disaster follows disaster; the whole land lies in ruins. In an instant my tents are destroyed, my shelter in a moment.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Zechariah 14[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]12 This is the plague with which the Lord will strike all the nations that fought against Jerusalem: Their flesh will rot while they are still standing on their feet, their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongues will rot in their mouths. 13 On that day people will be stricken by the Lord with great panic. They will seize each other by the hand and attack one another. 14 Judah too will fight at Jerusalem. The wealth of all the surrounding nations will be collected—great quantities of gold and silver and clothing. 15 A similar plague will strike the horses and mules, the camels and donkeys, and all the animals in those camps.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Morning Stars[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Job 38:32. KJV
Canst thou bring forth Mazzaroth in his season? or canst thou guide Arcturus with his sons?

Job 38:3. NIV
32 Can you bring forth the constellations in their seasons[a]
or lead out the Bear[b] with its cubs?

Footnotes:
a. Job 38:32 Or the morning star in its season

b. Job 38:32 Or out Leo

My translation.

Can you bring forth the Morning Stars in their seasons? Or can you lead The Lion with his sons?

Morning Stars are the people of God.

Christ is The Lion of (Judah) the faithful.

The Lion Cubs are the Sons of God.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

1. [FONT=&quot]Job 9:9[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    He is the Maker of the Bear and Orion, the Pleiades and the constellations of the south.[/FONT]
  2. [FONT=&quot]Job 38:31
    "Can you bind the beautiful Pleiades? Can you loose the cords of Orion?[/FONT]
  3. [FONT=&quot]Amos 5:8
    (he who made the Pleiades and Orion, who turns blackness into dawn and darkens day into night, who calls for the waters of the sea and pours them out over the face of the land—[ the LORD / Yahwah] is his name-[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

1. [FONT=&quot]Job 3:9[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    May its morning stars become dark; may it wait for daylight in vain and not see the first rays of dawn,

[/FONT]
  2. [FONT=&quot]Job 38:7[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    while the morning stars sang together and all the angels shouted for joy?

[/FONT]
  3. [FONT=&quot]Isaiah 14:12[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    How you have fallen from heaven, O morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations!

[/FONT]
  4. [FONT=&quot]2 Peter 1:19[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    And we have the word of the prophets made more certain, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.

[/FONT]
  5. [FONT=&quot]Revelation 2:28[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    just as I have received authority from my Father. I will also give him the morning star.

[/FONT]
  6. [FONT=&quot]Revelation 22:16[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    "I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star."

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I think the proper way to view this is that Lucifer is an interpretation, were as Morning Star is a translation. In symbolism Lucifer is associated with Satan the Snake, and or the Dragon. The word Satan literally means accuser. It is used for any who are in opposition to Gods earthly rule, even those who are thought of as Morning Stars. Jude 1:3. Loved, I was eager to write to you about the salvation we share, it was necessary for me to write to you, and encourage you to earnestly contend for the faith that was given to the saints.
4. Because you are unaware that certain men have sneaked in, who are of a ancient order to their condemnation, these ungodly men turn the grace of our God into immorality, and deny that the only God is Yahwah, or that our lord Yahshua is the Messiah.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Job 3:9[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
May its morning stars become dark; may it wait for daylight in vain and not see the first rays of dawn,

Job 38:7
while the morning stars sang together and all the angels shouted for joy?

Isaiah 14:12
How you have fallen from heaven, O morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations! [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Israel once laid low the nations around it.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

2 Peter 1:19
And we have the word of the prophets made more certain, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.

Revelation 2:28
just as I have received authority from my Father. I will also give him the morning star.

Revelation 22:16
"I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and The Bright Morning Star."[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]The Seven Morning Stars are the leaders of people of the Seven Congregations, and the Seven Lampsticks are the Seven Congregations.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Revelation 1:19, 20. 19 Write therefore what you have seen, what is now, and what will take place later. The mystery of the Seven Stars that you saw in my right hand and of the Seven Golden Lampsticks is this: The Seven Stars are the messengers of the Seven Congregations, and the Seven Lampsticks are the Seven Congregations.

Revelation 2:1
To the [angel / messenger] of the congregation in Ephesus write: These are the words of him who holds the Seven Stars in his right hand and walks among the Seven Golden Lampsticks.

Revelation 1:5
Grace and peace to you from him who is, and who was, and who is to come, and from the seven spirits before his throne, and from Yahshua the Messiah, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth.

Revelation 3:1
"To the [angel / messenger] of the church in Sardis write: These are the words of him who holds the seven spirits of God and the seven stars. I know your deeds; you have a reputation of being alive, but you are dead.

Revelation 4:5
From the throne came flashes of lightning, rumblings and peals of thunder. Before the throne, Seven Lampsticks were blazing. These are the seven spirits of God.

Revelation 5:6
Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing in the center of the throne, encircled by the four living [creatures / beings] and the elders. He had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth.

Zechariah 3:9
See, the stone I have setup before Yahshua! There are seven eyes on that one stone, and I will engrave an inscription on it,’ says [the LORD / Yahwah] Almighty, ‘and I will remove the sin of this land in a single day.

Matthew 21:42
Yashua said to them, “Have you never read in the Scriptures:

“‘The stone the builders rejected
has become the cornerstone; [capstone]
[the Lord /Yahwah] has done this,
and it is marvelous in our eyes’? [Psalm 118:22,23]

Zechariah 4:10
“Who dares despise the day of small things, since the seven eyes of [the LORD / Yahwah] that range throughout the earth will rejoice when they see the plumb line in the hand of Zerubbabel?”

Revelation 5:6
Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing at the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders. The Lamb had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth.

Job 3:9
May its Morning Stars become dark; may it wait for daylight in vain and not see the first rays of dawn, 10 for it did not shut the doors of the womb on me to hide trouble from my eyes.

Job 3:9 is about "The Mount of The Congregation of Zion" being saved by Yahshua in the last days.

Job 38:7
while the Morning Stars sang together and all the messengers shouted for joy?

Job 38:7 is talking about the people of The Kingdom of God on Earth.

Job 38
31 "Can you (bind / prevent) the (beautiful twinkling of the (Pleiades / Seven Stars?) Can you loose the cords of (Orion / The Shepherd?)
32 Can you bring forth the (constellations / Morning Stars) in their seasons or lead out the (Bear / Satan)with its (cubs / satans?) 33 Do you know the laws of the heavens? Can you set up God's (dominion / kingdom) (over / upon) the earth?

Isaiah 14:12
How you have fallen from heaven, O Morning Star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the [earth / ground], you who once laid low the nations!

Isaiah 14:12 is about Israel who once laid low the nations around it. And it's self was destroyed in 133 AD.

2 Peter 1:19
And we have the word of the prophets made more certain, and you will do well to pay attention to it, like a light shining in a dark place, until that day dawns and the Morning Star rises in your hearts.

2 Peter 1:19 is about Yahshua saving The Seven Stars (The Mount of The Congregation Zion) in the last days.

Revelation 2:28
just as I have received authority from my Father. I will also (give / appoint) him (the / as a) Morning Star.

Revelation 22:16
"I, Yahshua, have sent my messenger [John] to give you this testimony for the congregations. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and The Bright Morning Star."[/FONT]

Last edited:

beameup

The tail of a comet passing into the earth's atmosphere could cause the contamination of all freshwater. God deals with astronomical events, always has, always will. "Occam's razor".

BTW, the Hebrew and the Greek words which are translated "wormwood" are not equivalent in meaning.

Last edited:

CherubRam

The tail of a comet passing into the earth's atmosphere could cause the contamination of all freshwater. God deals with astronomical events, always has, always will. "Occam's razor".

BTW, the Hebrew and the Greek words which are translated "wormwood" are not equivalent in meaning.

I doubt that it is a comet.

Zechariah 14
12 This is the plague with which the Lord will strike all the nations that fought against Jerusalem: Their flesh will rot while they are still standing on their feet, their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongues will rot in their mouths. 13 On that day people will be stricken by the Lord with great panic. They will seize each other by the hand and attack one another. 14 Judah too will fight at Jerusalem. The wealth of all the surrounding nations will be collected—great quantities of gold and silver and clothing. 15 A similar plague will strike the horses and mules, the camels and donkeys, and all the animals in those camps.

beameup

I doubt that it is a comet.

Zechariah 14
12 This is the plague with which the Lord will strike all the nations that fought against Jerusalem: Their flesh will rot while they are still standing on their feet, their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongues will rot in their mouths. 13 On that day people will be stricken by the Lord with great panic. They will seize each other by the hand and attack one another. 14 Judah too will fight at Jerusalem. The wealth of all the surrounding nations will be collected—great quantities of gold and silver and clothing. 15 A similar plague will strike the horses and mules, the camels and donkeys, and all the animals in those camps.

That's Armageddon, the final event when Jesus returns, and not the series of plagues described elsewhere in Revelation.

The wealth of all the surrounding nations will be collected
= NO NUCLEAR CONTAMINATION INVOLVED

CherubRam

That's Armageddon, the final event when Jesus returns, and not the series of plagues described elsewhere in Revelation.

= NO NUCLEAR CONTAMINATION INVOLVED

[FONT=&quot]Armageddon or Harmagedon: [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Revelations 16:16. "and in the Hebrew language it is called Armageddon."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]There is no word "Armageddon" in the Hebrew language; the word Armageddon is a contraction or mistranslation for the words,"Mount of the Congregation Zion". [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ar / ma / ged / don. Also: Har / ma / ged / on. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Har / edah / siyyon. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Har:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Mount or Mountain. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Edah or Mowed:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Assembly, Community or Congregation. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Siyyon:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Zion. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Revelations 16:13-16.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and that beast, and out of the mouth of a false prophet. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]14. For they have evil spirits, working miracles for the rulers of the earth and the whole world, to gather them togather to do battle against God Almighty on that great day. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]15. Watch, I come like a thief. Blessed is he that keeps watch, and keeps his cloths, or else he will walk naked, and people will see his shame. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]16. And they gathered them together to that place, and in the Hebrew language it is called; Mount of the Congregation Zion. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Isaiah 29:8.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] So will it be with the hordes of all the nations that fight against Mount Zion. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Proverbs 9:1.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Wisdom has built her house; she has hewn out its seven pillars. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Revelations 3:12.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Zechariah 3:9.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] There are seven eyes on that one stone, [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Zechariah 4:10.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] These seven are the eyes of the lord, [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Revelations 5:6.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] He had seven horns and seven eyes, [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Daniel 12:3.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Those who are wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Revelations 1:20.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] The mystery of the seven stars that you saw in my right hand and of the seven golden lamps is this: The seven stars are the angels (messengers of God) of the seven churches (congregations), [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Zechriah 3:8.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Listen O high priest of Joshua and your associates seated before you, who are men symbolic of things to come; I am going to bring my servent, the Branch. (Yahshua) [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It is a presumption by some scholars, and not a fact, that Megiddo is a battlefield described in the Bible, in relationship to Revelation 16:16, as a place of a predicted final struggle between good and evil. Some believe that the name may be taken from that of the battlefield of Megiddo valley. See Judges 5:19. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The word "Megiddo" appears in scripture twelve times, and never with the word "Har" for (Mount) in front of it. The word "Megiddon" is a King James translation in the Old Testament only; and in Revelation 16:16, the King James uses the word spelling "Armageddon". The Valley of Megiddo and Armageddon have no biblical relationship. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]King James Version: Zechariah 12:9-11[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]10. And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications; and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they will mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]11. In that day shall there be a great mourning in Jerusalem, as (Like) the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the valley of Megiddon.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Zion is not only the faithful in Israel and the world, but it is also a city in the last days according to scripture. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]There is a great deal of scripture to support what I claim, with the word "Zion". However, there is no scripture to support that the valley of Megiddo is a gathering place for Zion. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The false prophet will tell the leaders of the world that Zion must be destroyed, so that their descendants will inherit the earth. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Have you read: The Dead Sea Scrolls in English. By G. Vermes ISBN:0-14-022779-2, or: The Book of Enoch. Translated by R.H. Charles. ISBN 0-281-01261-x [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

beameup

The final battle, when Christ returns, is in the Valley of Jehoshaphat.
For, behold, in those days, and in that time, when I shall bring again the captivity of Judah and Jerusalem, I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the Valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for my people and for my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted my land. - Joel 3:1-2
Assemble yourselves, and come, all ye heathen, and gather yourselves together round about: thither cause thy mighty ones to come down, O LORD. Let the heathen be wakened, and come up to the Valley of Jehoshaphat: for there will I sit to judge all the heathen round about. - Joel 3:11-12

"Mount of the Congregation Zion" :rotfl: