ECT Without benevolence, we cannot inherit eternal life.

ThreeAngels

Jesus gave the lawyer the conditions of inheriting eternal life. "And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted Him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? He said unto him, what is written in the law? How readest thou? And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbor as thyself. And He said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live," Luke 10:25-28. Continue reading

Danoh

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

ThreeAngels

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
We are not saved because of our own merits yet the bible is very clear that we will receive a reward in direct accordance with our works. Jesus said, "And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be"- Revelation 22:12. Paul also says God, "will render to every man according to his deeds," Romans 2:6.

7Spirits

BANNED
Banned
We are not saved because of our own merits yet the bible is very clear that we will receive a reward in direct accordance with our works. Jesus said, "And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be"- Revelation 22:12. Paul also says God, "will render to every man according to his deeds," Romans 2:6.

God favors no man. Our efforts are worthless and to suggest that there will be stars in crowns and mansions of differing sizes (figuratively speaking), is to suggest that self exaltation and inequality in creation is God's design. What work do you claim? What reward do you expect?

How can you believe that any effort besides God's matters? Are you a Creation or the Creator?

If a person attempts to be last so they can be first, they are deceiving themselves. If a person

7Spirits

BANNED
Banned
Jesus gave the lawyer the conditions of inheriting eternal life. "And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted Him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? He said unto him, what is written in the law? How readest thou? And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbor as thyself. And He said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live," Luke 10:25-28. Continue reading

You forgot to cite one of the sources of your linked material. "[1] Ellen White, Testimonies for the church volume 4. Get the book here"

False prophets always teach that we are better than one another and owed a reward by God for our efforts.

Danoh

Yours is clearly the result of an attempt (perhaps unawares) to harmonize passages of Scripture that appear to contradict one another; an attempt towards their not appearing to do so.

But that would be the same in end result, as an ancient Israelite saying to Moses "what you wrote about our diet here, is different from what you wrote about Adam's diet; and that itself differs with what you wrote about Noah 's diet...that appears contradictory, Mo; I think I'll fuse all three together into one, so that they don't contradict one another..."

The guy would be wrong.

And in his time; he'd be facing a stoning to death.

Luke 12:42 And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season?

These things are progressive in revelation...with its changes in things...here and there...and for God's reasons...not...ours.

Danoh

You forgot to cite one of the sources of your linked material. "[1] Ellen White, Testimonies for the church volume 4. Get the book here"

False prophets always teach that we are better than one another and owed a reward by God for our efforts.

Sourced material or not; false prophets or not - the issue should ever be "Nevertheless is this or that part of their assertion, or witness, true?"

At least that had been how one or another individual in Scripture is depicted, when dealing with the assertion or witness of a source normally not considered of God in most things.

One example, of others that could be cited...the Apostle Paul's own example of that in the following...

Titus 1:12 One of themselves, even a prophet of their own, said, The Cretians are alway liars, evil beasts, slow bellies. 1:13 This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith; 1:14 Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.

7Spirits

BANNED
Banned
Sourced material or not; false prophets or not - the issue should ever be "Nevertheless is this or that part of their assertion, or witness, true?"

At least that had been how one or another individual in Scripture is depicted, when dealing with the assertion or witness of a source normally not considered of God in most things.

One example, of others that could be cited...the Apostle Paul's own example of that in the following...

Titus 1:12 One of themselves, even a prophet of their own, said, The Cretians are alway liars, evil beasts, slow bellies. 1:13 This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith; 1:14 Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.

I agree with your challenge to the witness. Let's evaluate the consistency of this person.

Without benevolence, we cannot inherit eternal life.

The title of this opening post connects works to salvation.

You offer a sound scriptural challenge it's Romans.

This person replies by downplaying the connection of the Opening Post title with a deceptive wording. They say "We are not saved because of our own merits", but they go on and bold the word work with deeds and connect it to Revelation 22, which specifically divides the saved from the unsaved.

What this means is that this is a very dangerous witness that is either confused about what they are teaching, or that they know, believe it and are willing to deceive people into moving away from Jesus and onto the baby bottle nipple of their false prophet.

Danoh

I agree with your challenge to the witness. Let's evaluate the consistency of this person.

The title of this opening post connects works to salvation.

You offer a sound scriptural challenge it's Romans.

This person replies by downplaying the connection of the Opening Post title with a deceptive wording. They say "We are not saved because of our own merits", but they go on and bold the word work with deeds and connect it to Revelation 22, which specifically divides the saved from the unsaved.

What this means is that this is a very dangerous witness that is either confused about what they are teaching, or that they know, believe it and are willing to deceive people into moving away from Jesus and onto the baby bottle nipple of their false prophet.

"Charity...believeth all things."

In other words, gives the benefit of the doubt.

I tend to follow that even while disagreeing with one person or another.

The conclusion that a person is up to no good going into a thing, just because they may appear to be, is not one I take lightly.

I've met too many well intended people who simply did not know better, no matter how long they had been at a thing, or how often their error was pointed out to them.

Others - it is much more obvious they do not follow their conscience on one thing or another, no matter how much they assert otherwise.

That too is a kind of blindness on their part, in some.

It is ever fascinating what one person or another thinks he or she believes, despite the obvious.

Reminds me of a Jew I was witnessing to yesterday.

When I explained to him the meaning of the words "Father forgive them for they know not what they do" he related that had been the first time he had heard that in a way that did not make him out the enemy of that that most Christians he had ever dealt with appear to have made his people out to be.

What if I had merely dealt with him on the basis of all his people's willful rejection of the Saviour due both to their learned, handed down ignorance, too often reinforced by our own?

7Spirits

BANNED
Banned
"Charity...believeth all things."

In other words, gives the benefit of the doubt.

I tend to follow that even while disagreeing with one person or another.

The conclusion that a person is up to no good going into a thing, just because they may appear to be, is not one I take lightly.

I've met too many well intended people who simply did not know better, no matter how long they had been at a thing, or how often their error was pointed out to them.

Others - it is much more obvious they do not follow their conscience on one thing or another, no matter how much they assert otherwise.

That too is a kind of blindness on their part, in some.

It is ever fascinating what one person or another thinks he or she believes, despite the obvious.

Reminds me of a Jew I was witnessing to yesterday.

When I explained to him the meaning of the words "Father forgive them for they know not what they do" he related that had been the first time he had heard that in a way that did not make him out the enemy of that that most Christians he had ever dealt with appear to have made his people out to be.

What if I had merely dealt with him on the basis of all his people's willful rejection of the Saviour due both to their learned, handed down ignorance, too often reinforced by our own?

I see your point. Love first, discern next and hope for the best. I don't think 3Angels realizes what they are doing and I don't think they're a hopeless case, but it is clear by their methods that they believe they know what is best for others and that best is in their mind as Works and a False Prophet.

No amount of argument can break them from this. Love can and will, but only th Spirit of God can move this person from the place they are in.

ThreeAngels

God favors no man. Our efforts are worthless and to suggest that there will be stars in crowns and mansions of differing sizes (figuratively speaking), is to suggest that self exaltation and inequality in creation is God's design. What work do you claim? What reward do you expect?

How can you believe that any effort besides God's matters? Are you a Creation or the Creator?

I can't speak particularly of mansions but I do know that the saints will have crowns weighed down with stars in direct proportion to their work. Paul tells us what the crowns on the saints' heads are, "For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? Are not even ye in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at his coming?" 1Thesslonians 2:19. Paul for instance, who has excelled in Christian work will have more stars on his crown of rejoicing than the saint who has only brought in one soul.
The wise man asks, "Shall not he render to every man according to his works?" Proverbs 24:12 and Jesus answers, "behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be." Revelation 22:12

ThreeAngels

If a person attempts to be last so they can be first, they are deceiving themselves. If a person
We are saved by grace alone but we are judged according to our works. The Scriptures are clear on this point. I will list just three texts. "For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works," Matthew 16:27; "Also unto thee, O Lord, belongeth mercy: for thou renderest to every man according to his work," Psalm 63:12, "... every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour," 1Corinthians 3:8

7Spirits

BANNED
Banned
I can't speak particularly of mansions but I do know that the saints will have crowns weighed down with stars in direct proportion to their work. Paul tells us what the crowns on the saints' heads are, "For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? Are not even ye in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at his coming?" 1Thesslonians 2:19. Paul for instance, who has excelled in Christian work will have more stars on his crown of rejoicing than the saint who has only brought in one soul.
The wise man asks, "Shall not he render to every man according to his works?" Proverbs 24:12 and Jesus answers, "behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be." Revelation 22:12

You got this from here... http://www.wwco.com/religion/believe/believe_74.html

It is Ellen White, not Paul. God uses the example of a Horn of Strength... which is symbolic of two animals fighting... like this...

You are unknowingly reading Ellen White as if she were scripture and if you are okay with doing that, think about Christ's warnings about doing such a thing. Why is the bible so inferior that it needs the "Spirit of Prophecy"? Incidentally... do you know where that phrase comes from?

"So I fell at his feet to worship him. But he told me, "Do not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers who rely on the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy. Revelation 19:10"

Now look at this...

"these things God has revealed to us through the Spirit. For the Spirit searches everything, even the depths of God. - 1 Cor. 2:10"

Lastly... look at this...

"for I know that through your prayers and the help of the Spirit of Jesus Christ this will turn out for my deliverance, - Philippians 1:19"

Jesus is the Spirit of Prophecy! Jesus is God. If you aren't seeing what I am trying to show you, you are in grave danger!

7Spirits

BANNED
Banned
We are saved by grace alone but we are judged according to our works. The Scriptures are clear on this point. I will list just three texts. "For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works," Matthew 16:27; "Also unto thee, O Lord, belongeth mercy: for thou renderest to every man according to his work," Psalm 63:12, "... every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour," 1Corinthians 3:8

Romans 4:4 Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt.

5 But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness, 6 just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness apart from works:

7 “Blessed are those whose lawless deeds are forgiven,
And whose sins are covered;
8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord shall not impute sin.”

Here we have Paul explaining that anyone who expects a reward for their works is counted as a "DEBTOR".

Is DEBT good or Bad in this context?

Danoh

Paul's "our" there, is a reference to himself.

Writers of Scipture often spoke in that manner, as their words were not merely their words, but the Lord's Words speaking in and through them.

As for the "mansions" that refers to positions of office or authority in the Father's House: The Temple in New Jerusalem.

ThreeAngels

You got this from here... http://www.wwco.com/religion/believe/believe_74.html

It is Ellen White, not Paul. God uses the example of a Horn of Strength... which is symbolic of two animals fighting... like this...

You are unknowingly reading Ellen White as if she were scripture and if you are okay with doing that, think about Christ's warnings about doing such a thing. Why is the bible so inferior that it needs the "Spirit of Prophecy"? Incidentally... do you know where that phrase comes from?

"So I fell at his feet to worship him. But he told me, "Do not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers who rely on the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy. Revelation 19:10"

Jesus is the Spirit of Prophecy!
Jesus is not the spirit of prophecy, the spirit of prophecy is the testimony of Jesus as stated in the verse you quoted. The office of prophets was 'set' in the church by God, see 1Cor 12:28. Accepting prophets who meet the biblical test does not depreciate Scripture. Ellen White in her writings ever exalts the Bible. The prophet Joel gave the gift of prophecy as one of the signs of the last days. He said "And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my Spirit upon all fresh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy ... " Joel 2:28. The Spirit of God showed the necessity of the gift of prophecy when He said, "Where there is no vision, the people perish ... " Proverbs 29:18

7Spirits

BANNED
Banned
Jesus is not the spirit of prophecy, the spirit of prophecy is the testimony of Jesus as stated in the verse you quoted. The office of prophets was 'set' in the church by God, see 1Cor 12:28. Accepting prophets who meet the biblical test does not depreciate Scripture. Ellen White in her writings ever exalts the Bible. The prophet Joel gave the gift of prophecy as one of the signs of the last days. He said "And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my Spirit upon all fresh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy ... " Joel 2:28. The Spirit of God showed the necessity of the gift of prophecy when He said, "Where there is no vision, the people perish ... " Proverbs 29:18

1) What is the NAME ABOVE ALL NAMES... According to Philippians 2?
2) The words of Jesus are said to be "what" in (John 6:63)?
3) What does Php. 1:19 call the Spirit of God?

Is there a place in the Bible where Jesus says that the entire Bible is about Him and that it doesn't matter how much we know about the bible, in light of salvation?

ThreeAngels

Paul's "our" there, is a reference to himself.

Writers of Scipture often spoke in that manner, as their words were not merely their words, but the Lord's Words speaking in and through them.

As for the "mansions" that refers to positions of office or authority in the Father's House: The Temple in New Jerusalem.
When I said I couldn't especially speak of mansions I meant their differing in size.

Truster

"Without benevolence, we cannot inherit eternal life."

BIG FAT LIE.​

A man is benevolent because he has inherited eternal life.

PRECIOUS TRUTH​

ThreeAngels

"Without benevolence, we cannot inherit eternal life."

BIG FAT LIE.​

A man is benevolent because he has inherited eternal life.

PRECIOUS TRUTH​
Jesus has taught-in the parable of the good Samaritan-that benevolence is the true fruit of piety. We are saved by faith yet it is our actions that reveal the faith that we have.