Will Rogers/Donald Trump: Times Have Changed!

bybee

Some quotes from Will Rogers who was a very popular humorist during the time of "The Great Depression":
"There's no trick to being a humorist when you have the whole government working for you."
and
"This country has come to feel the same when Congress is in session as when the baby get's hold of a hammer!"
and
"You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way!"
His comments helped the American people to laugh at themselves as well as give the government some much needed chiding during the Great Depression. In general, the American people dug in and made the best of a desperate situation.
I have listened to the kinds of political diatribes we have today and wonder how have we become so venomous, so unyielding about differences, so willing to take away freedoms so dearly purchased?
Of course, Donald Trump is not alone in his nastiness. He is just one of many who sling mud with abandon, or as with Hillary Clinton, simply lie like a rug and get away with it.
We aren't a very good people anymore.
We have lost our way as our foundations have been eroded.
May God have mercy on us.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have listened to the kinds of political diatribes we have today and wonder how have we become so venomous, so unyielding about differences, so willing to take away freedoms so dearly purchased?
Of course, Donald Trump is not alone in his nastiness.

I don't care about it. I do care that Hillary, Obama, Sanders, and RINOs lie and are unchallenged by "journalists".

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
The answer is "No, he isn't".

I don't care for Trump, his demeanor, his lack of respect & professional decorum and I think he will fade away when the primary votes are cast. I do however thank him that he has shook up the field and got conversation started on topics that need to be addressed. I may not care for his method of delivery but, the core of the message he has delivered is sorely needed. I also thank him for beating down loser establishment candidates like Bush, Kasich, Graham, Rubio and Christy all of which are just more of the same. Hopefully as we move through the primaries we will see a candidate which we all can cast a confident for, to fix this nation.

bybee

I don't care for Trump, his demeanor, his lack of respect & professional decorum and I think he will fade away when the primary votes are cast. I do however thank him that he has shook up the field and got conversation started on topics that need to be addressed. I may not care for his method of delivery but, the core of the message he has delivered is sorely needed. I also thank him for beating down loser establishment candidates like Bush, Kasich, Graham, Rubio and Christy all of which are just more of the same. Hopefully as we move through the primaries we will see a candidate which we all can cast a confident for, to fix this nation.

We need a new face!

PureX

Some quotes from Will Rogers who was a very popular humorist during the time of "The Great Depression":
"There's no trick to being a humorist when you have the whole government working for you."
and
"This country has come to feel the same when Congress is in session as when the baby get's hold of a hammer!"
and
"You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way!"
His comments helped the American people to laugh at themselves as well as give the government some much needed chiding during the Great Depression. In general, the American people dug in and made the best of a desperate situation.
Of course, Donald Trump is not alone in his nastiness. He is just one of many who sling mud with abandon, or as with Hillary Clinton, simply lie like a rug and get away with it.
We aren't a very good people anymore.
We have lost our way as our foundations have been eroded.
May God have mercy on us.
And yet amidst all this, there is one candidate who is relentlessly telling the truth, maintaining human dignity throughout his campaign, and even offers some agreement and defense of his opponents when he believes they are right, or being unjustly treated. And the media and TOL alike completely ignore him.

Give us a good man and we'll throw eggs at him just because we can. We have become that perverse as a society.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
And yet amidst all this, there is one candidate who is relentlessly telling the truth, maintaining human dignity throughout his campaign, and even offers some agreement and defense of his opponents when he believes they are right, or being unjustly treated. And the media and TOL alike completely ignore him.

Give us a good man and we'll throw eggs at him just because we can. We have become that perverse as a society.

If your chosen candidate is a progressive liberal than he/she is already perverse, and the cause of this immoral godless perverse society.

PureX

If your chosen candidate is a progressive liberal than he/she is already perverse, and the cause of this immoral godless perverse society.
They call this, "prejudice prior to investigation; the hallmark of willful ignorance".

And so it is.

OCTOBER23

“I never met a man that I didn't like.” (except Trump)

“Even if you are on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.”

“There are three kinds of men. The ones that learn by reading’.
The few who learn by observation.
The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.”

PureX

12391104_993297140708449_3739773155946010945_n.jpg

bybee

“I never met a man that I didn't like.” (except Trump)

“Even if you are on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.”

“There are three kinds of men. The ones that learn by reading’.
The few who learn by observation.
The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.”

Welllll.......

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
They call this, "prejudice prior to investigation; the hallmark of willful ignorance".

And so it is.

The willful ignorance is yours, I hold extreme prejudice for progressive liberals and their destructive worldview, no further investigation needed, the progressive experiment is an utter failure.