Why would any conservative support Donald Trump?

theophilus

For what exactly .Please explain.

(Why I loathe Trump):
[MENTION=17591]ClimateSanity[/MENTION],
Donald Trump grieves my soul. From my biblical perspective he fears neither God nor man. He puts no one first save himself. He lacks the humility that is born of true wisdom. He is unable to keep the commitments he makes. He is without honor. I find no virtue in him.

Donald Trump uses women to satisfy his lust and pride. As a woman voter I am unimpressed with the size of his penis (like any of us needed to know that). His latest wife is just another trophy (albeit a pretty one). He is a cultural barbarian as far as I am concerned. He thinks more highly of himself than he ought and shows no mercy for the “least of these.” He is a bigot.

I absolutely do not respect him nor trust him as commander in chief of the Armed Forces. He is a real estate man, not a soldier. Honestly I think he could start world war three. He is a war-monger.

After all the things he has said I can’t even imagine him as any type of public servant. He serves himself and his own interests. I question his patriotism. I question his ability to do the right thing and not “the Donald” thing. He lacks sound judgment. He lacks honesty. He lacks statesmanship.

Just my opinions.

FTR I loathe Hillary more than Donald.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
to return to the op - i believe the thing i like best about trump is that he's willing to speak his mind without worrying about offending people

and the fact that he offends people I consider to be retards tells me he's on the right track :thumb:

ClimateSanity

(Why I loathe Trump):

Donald Trump grieves my soul. From my biblical perspective he fears neither God nor man. He puts no one first save himself. He lacks the humility that is born of true wisdom. He is unable to keep the commitments he makes. He is without honor. I find no virtue in him.

Donald Trump uses women to satisfy his lust and pride. As a woman voter I am unimpressed with the size of his penis (like any of us needed to know that). His latest wife is just another trophy (albeit a pretty one). He is a cultural barbarian as far as I am concerned. He thinks more highly of himself than he ought and shows no mercy for the “least of these.” He is a bigot.

I absolutely do not respect him nor trust him as commander in chief of the Armed Forces. He is a real estate man, not a soldier. Honestly I think he could start world war three. He is a war-monger.

After all the things he has said I can’t even imagine him as any type of public servant. He serves himself and his own interests. I question his patriotism. I question his ability to do the right thing and not “the Donald” thing. He lacks sound judgment. He lacks honesty. He lacks statesmanship.

Just my opinions.

FTR I loathe Hillary more than Donald.

Thank you for taking the time to spell it out. I hope i don't offend with my next comment. These are all judgements made on limited knowledge. In my opinion, he is no worse or better than any of us. I particularly disagree with your assessment of how he treats women. I would go into detail but not here( bannable).

theophilus

Thank you for taking the time to spell it out. I hope i don't offend with my next comment. These are all judgements made on limited knowledge. In my opinion, he is no worse or better than any of us. I particularly disagree with your assessment of how he treats women. I would go into detail but not here( bannable).

My knowledge of the man is as limited as yours...no offense taken.

Concerning how men treat women...truly we ARE to submit to our own husbands and to respect them. If we are single we are free to devote ourselves to the Lord.

I "get" the bannable stuff. Too many of us are jitches.

:)

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
This question can be for anyone but I am specifically interested in what conservatives who support Trump think he will do if he were to be elected President.

His entire campaign seems to be based on his claim that he will build a wall at the border. Well and he does wear a cheap hat with the word's "Make America Great Again" embroidered on the front. Is that it? Is that what makes conservatives and evangelicals support him??? :confused:

Trump is pro-choice, pro-gay marriage, supports eminent domain, supports government controlled health care, says he looks forward to working with Democrats in congress, etc. I see little reason to think he would be anything but liberal in office.

So I ask..... why would a conservative support Donald Trump?? :idunno:

Let me first say that I am NOT a Trump supporter. I voted for Cruz and personally believe that Cruz would make a terrific president. The answer to your question is that I am in the minority among conservatives in that belief.

The trust of government comes and goes in cycles. We are long past a peak in that cycle and are rapidly approaching an outright crisis in people's confidence in government and I don't mean just in the United States but all across the civilized world. The surge in support of Donald Trump doesn't have much to do with Trump himself except that he, as the head of an extremely large, multifaceted, multinational company is a plausible candidate for President of the United States.

There are two things that Trump has going for him...

1. He is not a politician.

2. He is not politically correct.

He is the anti-politician and will likely win because of it. Trump wasn't far wrong when he flippantly said that he could shoot someone and it wouldn't hurt his poll numbers. It's not about what he is, its about what he isn't. He isn't a member of the Washington elite and people believe, right or wrong, that he intends to knock some Washington Elite heads together when he gets into the White House.

What else would you expect, by the way?

The conservative movement has just spent that last 6 or 7 years sending conservatives to Washington and got nothing in return aside from acquiescence and capitulation to the worst President this government has ever had in office. On what basis would you attempt to convince your friends and neighbors that Cruz would be any different? I love Cruz and believe he would be different, mainly because his record does in fact show that he has been different, but that isn't going to convince anyone who isn't already in the Cruz camp. You cannot reason anyone out of a position that they arrived at emotionally.

Resting in Him,
Clete

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
...[H]e has such little respect for his own marriages...
Marriages? :dizzy:

He :greedy: has one wife :rolleyes: and two adulteresses (Matt. 19:5, Jn 4:18).
stripper.gif
stripper.gif

It takes both man and woman for the spirit of God to work right (Matt. 19:6). Take one away and you are left with a consuming fire. :burnlib: He can't run a home--much less a nation (1 Ti 5:8).

It Takes Two ~ :straight: Rob Base, DJ EZ Rock
breaker1.gif

"Solomon

The son to whom David looked for the next step in the marvelous fulfillment of Messianic promise, turned out to be a terrible tragedy. The life of Solomon was a disastrous failure, for in spite of his peaceful nature and unmatched wisdom, Solomon lived a life of appalling stupidity and folly. He sowed seeds of disruption by marrying foreign wives, going far beyond his father in having hundreds of wives and concubines, who turned his heart from the Lord (1 Kgs. 11:1-13). The son of David's flesh was a disappointment, which led to the shattering of unity in Israel. And God would have had every right to cancel His promise right then, but He didn't, because someday there would come a greater Son of David, the Lord Jesus Christ, who could overcome the failures of David and Solomon. With infinite wisdom, that Son would build a temple that would never be destroyed (Mt. 16:18)." The Gracious King Grace to You

See:

Divorce & Re marriage: A Position Paper by John Piper

Related:

Donald Trump Will Win Big

Last edited:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
So I ask..... why would a conservative support Donald Trump?? :idunno:

a conservative can't vote for trump
-a conservative won't vote for trump
-many here that appear to support trump
-are not conservatives
-never have been
-never will be
-you can't trust them
-and
-you know who they are

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
i don't think trump is a wise choice for the office

i've come to realize over the past eight years that it doesn't matter who sits in the oval office :idunno:
Our vote matters--and their is a pro-life candidate on the ballot, Tom Hoefling (Lk 19:13). :jump:

"I don't trust in a republic or a democracy. I trust in a monarchy." ~ Jeff Schwarzentraub :straight: Rev. 20:1–10

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame

There are two things that Trump has going for him...

1. He is not a politician.

2. He is not politically correct.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Yes, this is it. again! Trump has many convinced of one thing, he is not 'politically correct' whatever that means? To many, it is something they hate! I would venture as many as 30 percent of the US population hates this 'politically correct' ideology. Some many be more leaning towards the Democrat side, not sure? What I am sure about is, there is a significantly large minority who hates the 'politically correct' idea.

I dislike it based more on semantics than the assumed meaning.