Why the new covenant could not be in operation today !

DAN P

there are many believers that say that all believers are one with the new covenant with the body of Christ .

British Isrealism comes to mind ?

Acts 2:16 and 17 come to mind when I was reading a booklet by Robert C B rock on the book of Acts 2:17 !

and do not mind debates at all with anyone , and here is what I see in Acts 2:16 and 17 .

verse 16 , having been spoken by the prophet Joel 2:28 .

this is happening on the day of Pentecost .

verse 17 , it will be / esomai is a verb in the Greek future tense , active voice , indicative mood , and is singular , which means it will just happen once .

the Greek word my/ mov is a personal possessive pronoun , genitive case , and also in the singular .

God will pour / is is also in the Greek future tense active voice , active voice , in the indicative mood of the fact , also in the singular .

He will pour My Spirit upon all flesh / sarx is in the accusative case , means limited and also signular .

so , what does it mean all flesh , then mean ??

read Isa 11:6-9 where Acts 2:17 was a quote from and Joel 2:28 and even from Paul , in 1 Cor 15;39 .

God's Spirit did not pour out on all flesh and the new covenant was never in operation as nthe verse quoted above , because Israel never repented .

dan p