ECT WHY THE MYSTERY KEPT SECRET ?

DAN P

Hi to all and the MYSTERY was kept secret , SINCE the world began !!

Many so-called believers say that the GOSPELS are the same through out the bible , THAT IS NOT SO !

MOST do not know what the Greek word CHARIS / GRACE really means and is TRANSLITERED word with about 12 meaning , like Grace , Favor , Gracious , Thankful , Benefit ETC !!

The Dispensation of the Grace is way different as Col 1:25 says !!

The MYSTERY the one HAVING BEEN KEPT SECRET from the AGES and from generations , But now was made Manifest to his saints !!

The Greeks words HATH BEEN KEPT SECRET is in the Greek PERFECT TENSE , PASSIVE VOICE and a PARTICIPLE !!

The PERFECT TENSE MEANS it was HIDDEN from the FOUNDATION of the AGES ( 2 TIM 1:9 ) and it was just revealed to Paul from his salvation in Acts 9:6 as Paul was the PATTERN as to how we will be saved in Paul's , MY GOSPEL as referenced in Rom 1:1 and Rom 2:16 !!

The PASSIVE VOICE just means that it is Jesus action that caused that to happen and ALL Apostlrs were God's picks and not man's !!

The next verb is IS MADE MANIFEST is in the Greek AORIST TENSE , PASSIVE VOICE and kin the INDICATIVE MOOD !!

The Aorist tense just points back to when Paul was given the MYSTERY and the Passive voice means it was God doing the ACTION and the INDICATIVE MOOD means it is a FACT !!

So the DISPENSATION of the GRACE of God or the MYSTERY only began with Paul and not until then and NEVER before as Eph 1:4 and 2 Tim 1:9 has been written !!

dan p

Last edited:

Danoh

It's interesting - Paul relates that God was now making known "the Mystery" to His saints.

Not to lost people, but to His saints.

It is obvious that God had not made known said Mystery to His saints prior to Paul.

It is why Paul quotes the following passage (verse 9) - not in the sense of a Prophecy fulfilled, but of Paul's use of an operative principle common also within the Law and the Prophets.

It is a common practice of Paul's where he is found quoting an OT passage.

Often, in Paul's unique use of such passages, a same operative principle is found at work - a principle that applies in both Prophecy and Mystery - but that is different in application, or how it works in each.

1 Corinthians 2:6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought: 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: 2:8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. 2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

Verse 9's "But as it is written" is a phrase commonly used by Paul - not to show that what he is writing about was Prophesied, rather, that what is being revealed by God through him follows a similar operative principle, and is therefore of God.

He is not only proving that what He is asserting is of God (The Mystery), but that it does not violate already established operative principles: only their application...differs.

Why does he repeatedly do this throughout his writings?

Because The Mystery being new; was ever under attack, together with its' sole messenger: the Apostle Paul.

No other Apostle appears having needed to so repeatedly magnify his Office and Message.

His unique use of said passages being his equally unique means of relating the fact that although what he has been given to reveal had never been Prophesied - had been Mystery - it nevertheless follows a same, previously established operative principle (despite its' different, Mystery application, or use).

Last edited:

Interplanner

Many so-called believers say that the GOSPELS are the same trough out the bible , THAT IS NOT SO !

mOST do not know what the Greek word CHARIS / GRACE really means and is TRANSLITERED word with about 12 meaning , like Grace , Favor , Gracious , Thankful , Benefit ETC !!

The MYSTERY the one HAVING BEEN KEPT SECRET from the AGES and from generations , But now was made Manifest to his saints !!

The Greeks words HATH BEEN KEPT SECRET is in the Greek PEREFECT TENSE , PASSIVE VOICE and a PARTICIPLE !!

The PERFECT TENSE MEANS it was HIDDEN from the FOUNDATION of the AGES ( 2 TIM 1:9 ) and it was just revealed to Paul from his salvation in Acts 9:6 as Paul was the PATTERN as to how we will be saved in Paul's , MY GOSPEL as referenced in Rom 1:1 and Rom 2:16 !!

The PASSIVE VOICE just means that it is Jesus action that caused that to happen and ALL Apostlrs were God's picks and not man's !!

The next verb is IS MADE MANIFEST is in the Greek AORIST TENSE , PASSIVE VOICE and kin the INDICATIVE MOOD !!

The Aorist tense just points back to when Paul was given the MYSTERY and the Passive voice means it was God doing the ACTION and the INDICATIVE MOOD means it is a FACT !!

So the DISPENSATION of the GRACE of God or the MYSTERY only began with Paul and not until then and NEVER before as Eph 1:4 and 2 Tim 1:9 has been written !!

dan p

Total waste of space DanP.

There is grace all over the OT.

The thing that was mysterious was that the gifts to all nations, that included them in the blessings of Israel (Eph 3A) were true IN CHRIST not in the Law. That is what Judaism could never accept or grasp. That is what the grammar of Eph 3A is saying.

Grace never was the mystery.

DAN P

Total waste of space DanP.

There is grace all over the OT.

The thing that was mysterious was that the gifts to all nations, that included them in the blessings of Israel (Eph 3A) were true IN CHRIST not in the Law. That is what Judaism could never accept or grasp. That is what the grammar of Eph 3A is saying.

Grace never was the mystery.

Hi and just as Israel was given a STUPOR , so do you have it to , BLIND 11

dan p

Interplanner

Just look at Eph 3A. Everyone in Judaism knew that God was also going to bless the nations! That is not the mystery. neither is grace. it is something more particular.

Interplanner

Hi and give a verse with your EXPLANATION !!

dan p

The mission of going to the gentiles was 'known for ages' says Amos 9 in Acts 15. Likewise here in Eph 3A, the blessings always were going to the nations. That's not the mystery. The issue is that they get there through the Gospel not through Judaism. That is what the grammar of v6 means.

DAN P

The mission of going to the gentiles was 'known for ages' says Amos 9 in Acts 15. Likewise here in Eph 3A, the blessings always were going to the nations. That's not the mystery. The issue is that they get there through the Gospel not through Judaism. That is what the grammar of v6 means.

Hi and what verse is Eph 3A ??

Explain Acts 15:11 , if you can ??

The MYSTERY IS FOUND IN Rom 15:25 and was HIDDEN and a secret until Paul revealed it , BUT you will never believe iy !!

dan p

dan p

DAN P

The MYSTERY IS FOUND IN Rom 15:25 and was HIDDEN and a secret until Paul revealed it , BUT you will never believe iy !!

dan p

Interplanner

dan p

3A is chapter 3 the first section. He explains that the mystery is that the gentiles share all those (technical terms for citizenship, inheritance, etc) with Israel through the Gospel. T

I need a specific question about Acts 15:11. I was referring to v18 that the mission would go to the nations was known for ages. Because of Gen 3 and 11.

Paul's mystery in Rom 15 was hidden to those in Judaism, yes. Relative to them, it was not known. However, It was known that the mission of Messiah would go reach the nations--that's everywhere in Isaiah. But not that it was through the Gospel. Judaism thought it was through Judaism. So there is quite a sharp criticism of Judaism's missionaries in Mt 23.

Read more, post less.

DAN P

3A is chapter 3 the first section. He explains that the mystery is that the gentiles share all those (technical terms for citizenship, inheritance, etc) with Israel through the Gospel. T

I need a specific question about Acts 15:11. I was referring to v18 that the mission would go to the nations was known for ages. Because of Gen 3 and 11.

Paul's mystery in Rom 15 was hidden to those in Judaism, yes. Relative to them, it was not known. However, It was known that the mission of Messiah would go reach the nations--that's everywhere in Isaiah. But not that it was through the Gospel. Judaism thought it was through Judaism. So there is quite a sharp criticism of Judaism's missionaries in Mt 23.

Read more, post less.

Hi am trying to help the UN-LEARNED and you need to understand simple words , like a MYSTERY HAVING BEEN KEPT SECRET from the AGES and from Generations and HIS message was to GENTILE as written in verse 27 !!

My other proof is found in Eph 1:4 and in 2 Tim 1:9 and you have no proof !!

This means that the B O C was known before the foundation of the world long before Israel was EVER BORN , so learn first !!

dan p

Last edited:

turbosixx

What is the topic of discussion? Circumcision and the law.
Acts 15:5 But some believers who belonged to the party of the Pharisees rose up and said, "It is necessary to circumcise them and to order them to keep the law of Moses." They believed they were the only ones who were God's people and for over a thousand years God's people where circumcised and followed the law. So if the Gentiles were to be God's people, God's people for over a thousand years had always followed the law.

God made a statement that none of them could deny by giving the Gentiles the Holy Spirit.
15:8 And God, who knows the heart, bore witness to them, by giving them the Holy Spirit just as he did to us,

God was showing that the Jews "only" were no longer his people and that circumcision and the law were not necessary to be called his people.
15:9 and he made no distinction between us and them, having cleansed their hearts by faith.

So they realize the law and circumcision was an unnecessary burden and God wasn't making the Gentiles do it but man was .
15:10 Now, therefore, why are you putting God to the test by placing a yoke on the neck of the disciples that neither our fathers nor we have been able to bear?

So Peter realizes that since the Gentiles are saved without the law and circumcision then law and circumcision are now unnecessary for Jews as well. They are now free from works of the law.
15:11 But we believe that we will be saved through the grace of the Lord Jesus, just as they will."

That's what Paul is telling us in Romans.
Rom. 3:21 But now the righteousness of God has been manifested apart from the law,
Rom. 3:29 Or is God the God of Jews only? Is he not the God of Gentiles also? Yes, of Gentiles also, 30 since indeed God who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith is one.

There is now a new and living way for both Jew and Gentile.
Heb. 10:19 Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the holy places by the blood of Jesus, 20 by the new and living way that he opened for us through the curtain, that is, through his flesh,

That's why Cornelius's conversion takes up a whole chapter and is referenced in two more chapters. What had been true for over a thousand years was no longer true.
15:13 After they finished speaking, James replied, "Brothers, listen to me. 14 Simeon has related how God first visited the Gentiles, to take from them a people for his name.

Last edited:

Interplanner

Hi am trying to help the UN-LEARNED and you need to understand simple words , like a MYSTERY HAVING BEEN KEPT SECRET from the AGES and from Generations and HIS message was to GENTILE as written in verse 27 !!

My other proof is found in Eph 1:4 and in 2 Tim 1:9 and you have np proof !!

This means that the B O C was known before the foundation of the world long before Israel was EVER BORN , so learn first !!

dan p

It was secret from Judaism, as Mt 13 and I Cor 2 and other passages show. The translation of Rom 16:25 btw is 'for long ages' which is quite different from 'since the beginning of time.'

The early Christians wrestled with Judaism's understanding just as some of us do today with 2P2P. The plan to reach the nations was 'known for ages.' (Amos 9) But Judaism thought that meant through them, through the law.

Rom 15:27. If the Gentiles have shared in the Jews' spiritual blessings... Guess what? They have.

turbosixx

Many so-called believers say that the GOSPELS are the same through out the bible , THAT IS NOT SO !

MOST do not know what the Greek word CHARIS / GRACE really means and is TRANSLITERED word with about 12 meaning , like Grace , Favor , Gracious , Thankful , Benefit ETC !!

The Greeks words HATH BEEN KEPT SECRET is in the Greek PERFECT TENSE , PASSIVE VOICE and a PARTICIPLE !!

dan p
Unless I misunderstood, which I know I do sometimes, I thought from the title you would reveal WHY it was kept secret. It looks to me like you just reinforced that it was hidden and now revealed.

What exactly is the mystery? Doesn't Paul use prophecy to confirm grace?
Rom. 4:5 And to the one who does not work but believes in him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted as righteousness, 6 just as David also speaks of the blessing of the one to whom God counts righteousness apart from works:

7 "Blessed are those whose lawless deeds are forgiven,
and whose sins are covered;
8 blessed is the man against whom the Lord will not count his sin."

Last edited:

Interplanner

Unless I misunderstood, which I know I do sometimes, I thought from the title you would reveal WHY it was kept secret. It looks to me like you just reinforced that it was hidden and now revealed.

Rom. 4:5 And to the one who does not work but believes in him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted as righteousness, 6 just as David also speaks of the blessing of the one to whom God counts righteousness apart from works:

Grace is not the mystery; there is grace all over the OT. it was something more particular specifically unseen by Judaism, Eph 3:6.

DAN P

Hi and the MYSTERY is mentioned 4 times in the bkible , Rom 16:25 ,because it was HID kept secret since the world began !!

Eph 3:9 The MYSTERY HID in God !!~

Col 1:26 , HID from AGES and Generations !!

Eph 3:5 which in other AGES was NOT MADE KNOWN unto the sons of men !!

All should read Eph 1:9 , the MYSTERY of His will !!

Eph 3:3 , He made known UNTO TO ME the MYSTERY !!

Eph 3:4 Ye may understand my knowledge in the MYSTERY OF cHRIST !!

Eph 6:19 to make known THE MYSTERY of ther Gospel !~

Col 4:3 To speak THE MYSTERY !!

1 Tim 3:9 Holding THE MYSTERY OF THE FAITH is a pure conscience !!

These MYSTERY can NOT be MIXED with any other Gospel as it was ONLY given to Paul and NOT to the 12 apostles as many people says THEY ARE WRONG !!

DAN P

Last edited:

turbosixx

Hi and the MYSTERY is mentioned 4 times in the bkible , Rom 16:25 ,because it was HID kept secret since the world began !!

Eph 3:9 The MYSTERY HID in God !!~

Col 1:26 , HID from AGES and Generations !!

Eph 3:5 which in other AGES was NOT MADE KNOWN unto the sons of men !!

All should read Eph 1:9 , the MYSTERY of His will !!

Eph 3:3 , He made known UNTO TO ME the MYSTERY !!

Eph 3:4 Ye may understand my knowledge in the MYSTERY OF cHRIST !!

Eph 6:19 to make known THE MYSTERY of ther Gospel !~

Col 4:3 To speak THE MYSTERY !!

1 Tim 3:9 Holding THE MYSTERY OF THE FAITH is a pure conscience !!

These MYSTERY can NOT be MIXED with any other Gospel as it was ONLY given to Paul and NOT to the 12 apostles as many people says THEY ARE WEONG !!

DAN P

Yes, those passages tell us the mystery was hidden and the gospel has now revealed the mystery. One of those passages plainly tells us what the mystery is.

Eph. 3:5 which was not made known to the sons of men in other generations as it has now been revealed to his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit. 6 This mystery is that the Gentiles are fellow heirs, members of the same body, and partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus through the gospel.

That's why it was kept secret. The Jews never would have understood or accepted that Gentiles are God's people too.

Interplanner

Yes, those passages tell us the mystery was hidden and the gospel has now revealed the mystery. One of those passages plainly tells us what the mystery is.

Eph. 3:5 which was not made known to the sons of men in other generations as it has now been revealed to his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit. 6 This mystery is that the Gentiles are fellow heirs, members of the same body, and partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus through the gospel.

That's why it was kept secret. The Jews never would have understood or accepted that Gentiles are God's people too.

Well they did have the Jonah problem (why are you sending me to evangelize gentiles???) but the precise meaning of Eph 3:6 hinges on the prepositional phrase through the Gospel. The mystery is true, and the sharing of Israel inheritance, is through the Gospel, not through Judaism. That is why there are no Judaistic particulars about the 2nd coming in any of the normal language passages on the 2nd coming.