Why men won't marry you

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm not saying this is the case but in my understanding women don't usually make suggestions like that out of the blue.

Why, because they are too stupid, or too jealous/insecure?

Of WHAT exactly? I consider any woman who doesn't love herself enough to say "NO" to being part of some egomaniacs little harem as both insecure and unintelligent. However, we all understand that that is what you need to keep telling yourself.

truthjourney said:
It is usually because their husband has made statements and/or otherwise given the impression that this is something that they want.

Because most women don't come up with suggestions for discussion based on Bible-reading. They wait for their husbands to announce a conclusion or make the suggestion to consider something. :dizzy:

Are you going to suggest now that Abraham was manipulating Sarah?

And if my husband manipulated me into suggesting it, why did he turn it down while remaining passionately devoted to me? He seems so content.

What would such a charade be for?

There very fact that you are so defensive is a give away to the fact that you are extremely embarrassed that it was even suggested. You are unconvincing.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have never seen such poor reading comprehension. His last two posts to you were atrocious in terms of understanding what you said to him. Rusha deliberately misunderstands and then twists on top of that for good measure. She actually creates a whole new reality like that. Magicians do the same thing. I think in the case of CM, he despises you and your husband to such a degree that all info that he reads passes through that filter and comes out all discombobulated as a result....in other words, it is subconscious with him.

Dolo/Voltaire ... quit hiding between PM1.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I know men that DO NOT look for nurturing, feminine qualities. They want the trophy wife and couldn't care less if she might make a good mom or not.

That is the reason why older men seek out younger women ... they need them to feel young ... and ... significant. Plus they are much easier to manipulate than adult women.

Younger women seek out older men because they need the security of a father figure ... OR for financial gain.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
What are my qualifications for getting married. I will tell you what I have told my daughters, in no particular order;

You should be at least 22 or 23. {My reasoning: By this age the brain is pretty will fully developed and you have completed college, assuming you went. You have experienced much and grown into an adult.}

You should have been dating for at least two years. {My reasoning: It takes time to get know somebody. Studies have shown that those who dated for a minimum of 2 years prior to marriage have a lower divorce rate.}

Listen to your friends and family about your choice. {My reasoning: We sometimes get so wrapped up with the emotions of being in a relationship we fail to see what is clear to others. You don't have to follow their advice, but you should listen.}

Marry somebody close to your own age. {My reasoning: Life's a dance you learn as you go. Its nice to go through it with somebody who is in the same place in life as you are.}

Pray about it. {My reasoning: I believe in God and think that it is wise to pray about big decisions.}

Be friends first and best. {My reasoning: I have heard it said that after about two years of marriage, that romantic notion of love has all but expired and all your left with is the person as they actually are. If you don't like that person, tings will end badly. If you life that person, if they are your friend, then you can always talk to them and its much easier to stay in love with them over time.}

Ideally, you should both be virgins {My reasoning: You will have the rest of your lives together to figure out sex. If you have no preconceived notions about what sex should be, then you have something to look forward to figuring out together.}

Be prepared to compromise and live as one. {My reasoning: You are going to be living with another person and you will need to be able to say I'm sorry and you're forgiven and compromise on what to buy and where to go on vacation.}

Talk about do you squeeze the toothpaste from the middle or end and does toilet paper come off the front or back of the roll.{My reasoning: As funny and superficial as this may sound, some of the worst fights couples have are over these two very issues. What happens is that they never learned to talk and these little pet peeves build up until one day the toilet paper sets them off and a major blow up follows. By talking about it before hand you learn to talk to each other about the most trivial of things and work out your differences.}

There may be more but that is where I start. Each relationship is different and they need to find their own way. That said, I can hope to provide some hard one wisdom to save them from the mistakes I made.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
I have never seen such poor reading comprehension. His last two posts to you were atrocious in terms of understanding what you said to him. Rusha deliberately misunderstands and then twists on top of that for good measure. She actually creates a whole new reality like that. Magicians do the same thing. I think in the case of CM, he despises you and your husband to such a degree that all info that he reads passes through that filter and comes out all discombobulated as a result....in other words, it is subconscious with him.
You're kinda creepy. This whole mutual fan club thing with you and 1PM and Elo is just weird.

BOLCATS

BANNED
Banned
Of WHAT exactly? I consider any woman who doesn't love herself enough to say "NO" to being part of some egomaniacs Ego is such a big part of her psyche, she sees every action of a man she disagrees with as an act of the ego little harem as both insecure and unintelligent. However, we all understand that that is what you need to keep telling yourself.

There very fact that you are so defensive Here goes the mind reader again. She takes a normal response to libel as defensive is a give away to the fact that you are extremely embarrassed that it was even suggested. You are unconvincing.

Red colored words are mine

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
That is the reason why older men seek out younger women ... they need them to feel young ... and ... significant. Plus they are much easier to manipulate than adult women.

Younger women seek out older men because they need the security of a father figure ... OR for financial gain.
A sad but true cometary on state of America today.

BOLCATS

BANNED
Banned
You're kinda creepy. This whole mutual fan club thing with you and 1PM and Elo is just weird.

Thank you. You are an imbecile who cannot make a cogent argument and so your senile perceptions of me are not reality. There are reasons that I cheerlead them, but your 76 IQ is not capable of understanding.

Dan Emanuel

Younger women are also naturally more interested in marital relation's than older women. The older man doesn't have to work as hard to keep his young wife interested as he does for his older wife.

Basically, he's lazy.
Younger women are also naturally more interested in marital relation's than older women.

Daniel

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Red colored words are mine

Whether it is due to laziness, stupidity or stubbornness, your refusal to utilize the quote feature has put YOUR comments in MY response.

I don't care that you put them in red. They are under *my* username. Either fix your quote or I will report.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Thank you. You are an embecile who cannot make a cogent argument and so your senile perceptions of me are not reality. There are reasons that I cheerlead them, but your 76 IQ is not capable of understanding.
Hooza! Another burn! I will say that I have seen far more creative insults from the average 7th grader than I have from you.

If you do not think that I am understanding your or your friends arguments, I suggest you go back and reread what they have said. They may think that they are making some valid point but in reality they have not made a clear point at all.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Younger women are also naturally more interested in marital relation's than older women. The older man doesn't have to work as hard to keep his young wife interested as he does for his older wife.

Basically, he's lazy.
Younger women are also naturally more interested in marital relation's than older women.

Daniel

I can agree with most of what you say. I think it has to do with expectations and self-image as well. The older someone is, the more experience they have in life.

Regardless of whether or not one acts on it, rebellion comes with being a teenager. Normally it is rebellion towards immediate authority figures, such as parents, teachers, etc.

One of the things teen pregnancy and marriage accomplishes for teens is the false sense of being in control. Unfortunately, they normally end up with less control.

Human beings being what they are, it is always better to have an alternative skill and way of taking care of yourself in case something should happen to the spouse who is financially supporting the family.

My father and mother were married for almost 50 years prior to his passing. He brought along two son's from his previous and short marriage to a woman who literally would not take care of their toddler and baby. One thing I always loved about my dad is the fact that if my mother wasn't available or at home, he was capable of doing everything she could. His was an immaculate housekeeper and his cooking was ... interesting.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am now going to post my opinion on this issue. It's not going to be popular either. I think this culture has emasculated men too much.They are not fulfilling their role as priest of the home. Our English language has also become too PC and that has not helped things any.

It takes a father and a mother to raise a family. God has appointed the husband to be the head of the household. Houses where the wife does not respect the husband is home filled with strife. I had a sister in law that did not respect her husband. Every time I visited that home was filled with strife.

The Bible does command the husband the love his wife and the wife to honor her husband

Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.--Ephesians 5:33

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
I am now going to post my opinion on this issue. It's not going to be popular either. I think this culture has emasculated men too much.They are not fulfilling their role as priest of the home. Our English language has also become too PC and that has not helped things any.

It takes a father and a mother to raise a family. God has appointed the husband to be the head of the household. Houses where the wife does not respect the husband is home filled with strife. I had a sister in law that did not respect her husband. Every time I visited that home was filled with strife.

The Bible does command the husband the love his wife and the wife to honor her husband

Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.--Ephesians 5:33
I find nothing to take issue with in your post. I agree in large part. Men and women are different. Each has their own set of strengths and weaknesses. This does not mean that one is better than the other, they are just different. When they marry and become one flesh, ideally, they compliment each other and the sum is greater than the parts. I have long believed that to be true and part of God's plan for marriage. Men, as usual, have managed to muck it up.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I actually agree with you that a home with two *functioning* parents is easier and preferable to raising children on your own.

Divorce, IMO, is for marriages that become so toxic that one of the marital partners as well as the children are in physical danger.

Cabinetmaker has made a lot of great posts in regards to encouraging teens to stay focused on their education and at least waiting until after they graduate high school and possibly til their early twenties before settling into a marriage.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I find nothing to take issue with in your post. I agree in large part. Men and women are different. Each has their own set of strengths and weaknesses. This does not mean that one is better than the other, they are just different. When they marry and become one flesh, ideally, they compliment each other and the sum is greater than the parts. I have long believed that to be true and part of God's plan for marriage. Men, as usual, have managed to muck it up.
Precisely. One is not inferior to the other. But they are distinctly different. One cannot be the other. It takes one of each to raise a family. They are supposed to fit together like two well machined parts.

1PeaceMaker

Of WHAT exactly? I consider any woman who doesn't love herself enough to say "NO" to being part of some egomaniacs little harem as both insecure and unintelligent.

So Sarah (Mrs. Abraham) of the Bible just couldn't say no, huh?

However, we all understand that that is what you need to keep telling yourself.

Says, you, the voice of "all" - apparently. :chuckle:

There very fact that you are so defensive

You mean, I defended myself so well, thank you. That's a Biblical argument, for you, a very sound defense. :)

is a give away to the fact that you are extremely embarrassed that it was even suggested.

Listen, heathen, mocking faith in God has taken out bigger goliaths than you.

You are unconvincing.

To a fool.

:carryon:

1PeaceMaker

Divorce, IMO, is for marriages that become so toxic that one of the marital partners as well as the children are in physical danger.

What if there are no children?

What if it harms the spouse while not detectibly threatening the children?

What if.....

It's emotional abuse?

Emotional abuse can have lethal consequences.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So Sarah (Mrs. Abraham) of the Bible just couldn't say no, huh?

Is this discussion about Biblical times OR today? As much as you would like to spin it, no one mentioned Sarah. I am discussing the here and NOW. Try to focus, please.

Says, you, the voice of "all" - apparently. :chuckle:

You mean, I defended myself so well, thank you. That's a Biblical argument, for you, a very sound defense. :)

Again, these are not Biblical times ... and no, you merely defend yourself with the types of faulty reason and logic I would expect from someone with less than adequate reasoning skills.

Listen, heathen, mocking faith in God has taken out bigger goliaths than you.

Listen, child, as you well know, there was no mention of religion or God in anything I said. The reasonable, mature Christian women on TOL will confirm that I have never criticized or mocked their belief in God.

To a fool.

:carryon:

Oh. You are standing in front of the mirror again. :carryon: