ECT Why it is blasphemy to call yourself a Jew if you are not.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Uriah was a blood Hittite, LA. His exemplary service to Israel didn't make him a blood Israelite,
kayaker

Who cares where their flesh came from?

The descendants of Moab who turned to the God of Israel were not barred forever.

Where did your flesh come from?

When the lesson of how God hated Esau but loved Jacob was over, then they lived together in the land.

There are many lessons in the OT played out in the flesh and of course are a point of law, but the law of faith overrides the law.

Do you think the Egyptians who came out of Egypt with the flesh descendants of Israel were barred from becoming Israelites?

They ate of the Passover, did they not?

They did not join themselves to Israel after their firstborn were killed by the angel.

What about the many of the land who became Jews in the time of Esther?

LA

kayaker

Sorry for the delay to respond, LA...

Who cares where their flesh came from?

Matthew cared about where Jesus' flesh came from in Matthew 1:1 KJV, even Luke in Luke 3:23-38 cared about Jesus' ancestry. Outside of that lineage... ancestry was quite secondary.

The descendants of Moab who turned to the God of Israel were not barred forever.

Some Scriptural coordinates would be helpful to understand your point. Moabites were never included in the lineage of Jesus, despite the "Jewish" fable to the contrary. Since Solomon lost a kingdom hooking up with Moabite hotties, do you really think Boaz, husband of Ruth, wouldn't have taken some kind of hit?

Where did your flesh come from?

I'm a mongrel, which is utterly rebuked by the "Jews", btw. Besides, after Jesus' arrival... we become heirs to the promises to Abraham as adopted children, and our adoption papers are signed in His precious, and AUTHENTIC blood.

When the lesson of how God hated Esau but loved Jacob was over, then they lived together in the land.

Indeed LA, as it should be.

There are many lessons in the OT played out in the flesh and of course are a point of law, but the law of faith overrides the law.

I suggest the law of faith in the OT, as with Rahab, et al., spared their lives. In the law of faith in the NT... said faith is in His Son.

Do you think the Egyptians who came out of Egypt with the flesh descendants of Israel were barred from becoming Israelites?

Again... some Scriptural coordinates would help me understand your point. Egyptians were only 'officially' included into the congregation of the Lord in Deuteronomy 23:7, 8, 9. I'm not saying there weren't those who were otherwise invited as tag-a-longs, so to speak.

They ate of the Passover, did they not?

Good point, actually! Didn't a few folk get swallowed up by an earthquake when Moses came down from the mountain?

They did not join themselves to Israel after their firstborn were killed by the angel.

I'm not sure that I understand your point. Sounds to me like those reaper angel(s) were on a mission!

What about the many of the land who became Jews in the time of Esther?

I'm aware, but not real familiar with those of the turbulent times of Esther... but, I'll bet I can hold a gun to just about anyone's head and get a 'conversion', or confession for that matter.

kayaker