ECT Why it is blasphemy to call yourself a Jew if you are not.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Rev 2:9 "I know your works, tribulation, and poverty (but you are rich); and I know the blasphemy of those who say they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan.

It would not be blasphemy to claim you are a physical Jew, a seed of Abraham according to your decendancy from him by the flesh.

It would only be blasphemy to claim you are a Jew of the circumcision of the Spirit if in fact you are not, and of the synagogue of satan.

Paul taught--

Rom 2:28 For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh;
Rom 2:29 but he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the Spirit, not in the letter; whose praise is not from men but from God.

If Jesus was speaking of it being blasphemy to claim to be a natural Jew when not, then He would have said it was blasphemy for any gentile to claim to be a Jew, but He did not.

Jesus made the contrast between being a Spiritual Jew, a member of Christs Church, or being of the synagogue of satan, that is of satans assembly or congregation, a world wide body, not a local defined group.

LA.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews and are not but do lie, behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet and to know that I have loved thee. (Revelation 3:9 KJV)​

True Jews follow Jesus.

SaulToPaul 2

The "Spiritual" Jews are Jews who do this, during the Tribulation:

Revelation 3:8 I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.

Revelation 3:9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

Revelation 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

The synagogue of Satan is Jews, during the Tribulation, who have turned from Christ and followed the Beast.

Gentiles who are saved today are not Spiritual Jews.

kayaker

Rev 2:9 "I know your works, tribulation, and poverty (but you are rich); and I know the blasphemy of those who say they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan.

It would not be blasphemy to claim you are a physical Jew, a seed of Abraham according to your decendancy from him by the flesh.

It would only be blasphemy to claim you are a Jew of the circumcision of the Spirit if in fact you are not, and of the synagogue of satan.

Paul taught--

Rom 2:28 For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh;
Rom 2:29 but he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the Spirit, not in the letter; whose praise is not from men but from God.

If Jesus was speaking of it being blasphemy to claim to be a natural Jew when not, then He would have said it was blasphemy for any gentile to claim to be a Jew, but He did not.

Jesus made the contrast between being a Spiritual Jew, a member of Christs Church, or being of the synagogue of satan, that is of satans assembly or congregation, a world wide body, not a local defined group.

LA.

LA... you cannot explicitly, succinctly, and ancestrally distinguish who Paul was talking about in Romans 9:6, 7. We've all got the notion who the Israelites were, Genesis 21:12 KJV, even Deuteronomy 7:6, 7, 8, 9. Rephrasing Paul's statement in Romans 9:6, 7... What is the difference between an Israelite and a Jew?

LA... do you even know who the Gentiles were? The Gentiles were descendants of Japheth, son of Noah, with first mention of the title "Gentiles" in Genesis 9:27, 10, 2, 3, 4, Genesis 10:5 KJV associated with the descendants of Japheth. Who do you think the Gentiles were/are? Non-Jews? That's painting with a rather large ancestral brush.

And, you think you can render Revelation 2:9, 3:9? The Israelites were God's chosen (Genesis 7:6, 7, 8, 9), NOT Jews! Then who were the "lost sheep of the house of Israel"? How about sharpening that pencil, and explain who the Gentiles were, if not descendants of Japheth, before you attempt discerning Israelites from Jews.

I can accept the notion all Israelites were Jews. I refute the notion all Jews were Israelites (Romans 9:6, 7, Revelation 2:9, 3:9). Who were "they", LA? Who were those impostors who instigated Jesus' crucifixion (John 8:33 KJV, John 8:37 KJV, John 8:39 KJV)?

Do you think you can discern a Spiritual Jew? Are you a tongue-speak charismatic? If so... then it's real easy to discern a Spiritual Jew from the great unwashed. Spiritual Jews speak in tongues.

What kind of Jew was Jesus, LA? Paul was a Benjamite Jew. What kind of Jew was Jesus? What does it mean to not deny His 'name'? It's a sad day that I have to ask that question of fellow Christians. What kind of Jew was Jesus?

kayaker

kayaker

Jesus was a descendent of David and will sit on David's throne over a united kingdom in which the Twelve will judge the tribes of Israel.

With all due respect, Jamie... you didn't answer the specific question. Perhaps I should be more specific: What kind of ANCESTRAL Jew was Jesus? Matthew began the NT with "The book of the generations of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham. 2) Abraham begat Isaac..." (Matthew 1:1 KJV, Matthew 1:2 KJV). Was Jesus a Benjamite Jew? A Levitical Jew? What kind of Jew was Jesus?

kayaker

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
What kind of Jew was Jesus?

Jacob said the scepter would not depart from Judah's descendents.

But unto the Son he saith, "Thy throne, O God, is forever and ever, a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom." (Hebrews 1:8 KJV)

And so it is.

kayaker

Jacob said the scepter would not depart from Judah's descendents.

But unto the Son he saith, "Thy throne, O God, is forever and ever, a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom." (Hebrews 1:8 KJV)

And so it is.

Great Scripture, Jamie! Isaiah prophesied our Messiah would arrive via Judah in Isaiah 65:9 KJV. There is no ancestral title, 'Judahite' found in Scripture. Then, let's try this another way... how about filling in the blank:

Paul was a Benjamite Jew. Jesus was a ________ Jew.

kayaker

kayaker

Jesus is a NT Jew, he was and is and will be.

OT Jews don't count.

Then Paul was a NT Jew, and not a Benjamite Jew? Who were the OT Jews? Who is the 'father' of the Jews, while appreciating God changed Abram's name to Abraham... and, God changed Jacob's name to Israel? God never changed Judah's title to "Jew", and there's no direct ancestral title of Judah's descendants, and there's no ancestral title 'Judahite' found in Scripture, either. The Israelites were God's chosen people found in Deuteronomy 7:6, 7, 8, 9, NOT Jews, btw.

There were Benjamites, Levites, Reubenites... but, there were no 'Judahites'. What succinct and explicit ancestral title do you apply to the descendants of Judah? Please keep Revelation 2:9, 3:9 in mind. I suggest certain descendants of Judah were the "lost sheep of the house of Israel." Those were Israelites, not Jews. Wasn't Judah an Israelite? Then, what succinct and explicit ancestral title do you attach to the descendants of Judah?

kayaker

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The "Spiritual" Jews are Jews who do this, during the Tribulation:

Revelation 3:8 I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.

Revelation 3:9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

Revelation 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

The synagogue of Satan is Jews, during the Tribulation, who have turned from Christ and followed the Beast.

Gentiles who are saved today are not Spiritual Jews.

Incorrect.

Such people who claimed to be Jews existed at the time of writing of the letters, and ever since.

No follower of the beast will ever worship at the feet of the saints, not ever worship God at all.

Gods nation of believers are Spiritual Israel and in using the term of Jews, Jesus was speaking of believers who are truly circumcised in the heart by the Holy Spirit, while the majority of believers are not.

The synagogue of satan was typed in the OT by the northern Kingdom of Israel under the likes of Ahab and Jezebell after the establishing of a false priesthood and the turning of the people away from Jerusalem to two other places of false worship.

Ahaz moved the golden sea to the side and defiled the temple.

and it is not all referring to the RCC, for many others do the same things.

Pro 1:2 To know wisdom and instruction, To perceive the words of understanding,
Pro 1:3 To receive the instruction of wisdom, Justice, judgment, and equity;
Pro 1:4 To give prudence to the simple, To the young man knowledge and discretion—
Pro 1:5 A wise man will hear and increase learning, And a man of understanding will attain wise counsel,
Pro 1:6 To understand a proverb and an enigma, The words of the wise and their riddles.
Pro 1:7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge, But fools despise wisdom and instruction.

LA

kayaker

Incorrect.

Such people who claimed to be Jews existed at the time of writing of the letters, and ever since.

No follower of the beast will ever worship at the feet of the saints, not ever worship God at all.

Do you have any notion where those folk who claimed to be Jews, and were not, came from, LA? What was their ancestry since 'they' were Abraham's seed (John 8:37 KJV), but 'they' were not Israelite (John 8:33 KJV)? 'They' were "Abraham's seed" (John 8:33 KJV, John 8:37 KJV). 'They' just weren't "Abraham's children" (John 8:39 KJV). Paul hinted at this distinction in Romans 9:6, 7. Moses said Abraham's 'progeny' via Keturah were "the children of Keturah" (Genesis 25:1, 2, 3, 4.) Wasn't Judah's Canaanitess wife (1Chronicles 2:3 KJV) the daughter of Shuah (Genesis 38:1, 2)? Wasn't Judah's father-in-law Shuah the son of Keturah, wife of Abraham (Genesis 25:1, 2, 3, 4)? Who were those who instigated the crucifixion:

"We be Abraham's seed and were never in bondage to any man..." (John 8:33 KJV).

'They' were "Abrahams' seed" (John 8:37 KJV), LA. 'They' just weren't "Abraham's children" (John 8:39 KJV). Neither were the 'progeny' of Abraham via Keturah "Abraham's children", they were "the children of Keturah" (Genesis 25:4 KJV).

You're a knowledgeable fellow LA, obviously well-read. Can you put an ancestral title on 'them'? Can you put an ancestral title on the descendants of Judah, then? Paul was a Benjamite, of the tribe of Benjamin. Jesus was of the tribe of Judah (Isaiah 65:9 KJV). Paul was a Benjamite Jew, then what ancestral title would apply to Jesus being a Jew? Since there is no Biblical "___ite" ancestral title for the descendants of Judah, can you envision the descendants of Judah being the 'lost tribe' of the house of Israel, to whom Jesus was sent, being of that same tribe?

No reply anticipated, LA... just food for thought.

kayaker

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Do you have any notion where those folk who claimed to be Jews, and were not, came from, LA? What was their ancestry since 'they' were Abraham's seed (John 8:37 KJV), but 'they' were not Israelite (John 8:33 KJV)? 'They' were "Abraham's seed" (John 8:33 KJV, John 8:37 KJV). 'They' just weren't "Abraham's children" (John 8:39 KJV). Paul hinted at this distinction in Romans 9:6, 7. Moses said Abraham's 'progeny' via Keturah were "the children of Keturah" (Genesis 25:1, 2, 3, 4.) Wasn't Judah's Canaanitess wife (1Chronicles 2:3 KJV) the daughter of Shuah (Genesis 38:1, 2)? Wasn't Judah's father-in-law Shuah the son of Keturah, wife of Abraham (Genesis 25:1, 2, 3, 4)? Who were those who instigated the crucifixion:

'They' were "Abrahams' seed" (John 8:37 KJV), LA. 'They' just weren't "Abraham's children" (John 8:39 KJV). Neither were the 'progeny' of Abraham via Keturah "Abraham's children", they were "the children of Keturah" (Genesis 25:4 KJV).

You're a knowledgeable fellow LA, obviously well-read. Can you put an ancestral title on 'them'? Can you put an ancestral title on the descendants of Judah, then? Paul was a Benjamite, of the tribe of Benjamin. Jesus was of the tribe of Judah (Isaiah 65:9 KJV). Paul was a Benjamite Jew, then what ancestral title would apply to Jesus being a Jew? Since there is no Biblical "___ite" ancestral title for the descendants of Judah, can you envision the descendants of Judah being the 'lost tribe' of the house of Israel, to whom Jesus was sent, being of that same tribe?

No reply anticipated, LA... just food for thought.

kayaker

If any man before the cross forsook the spirit of his natural race and came into Gods covenant with Israel then he really became a true Israelite, not a pretend one.

The same goes after the cross where the covenant people of God are those who have come into the new covenant inaugurated by Christ, and there is no other way to become a true Israelite of the new creation.

So explain how it was that Uriah the Hittite was a righteous Israelite?

2Sa 11:11 And Uriah said unto David, The ark, and Israel, and Judah, abide in tents; and my lord Joab, and the servants of my lord, are encamped in the open fields; shall I then go into mine house, to eat and to drink, and to lie with my wife? as thou livest, and as thy soul liveth, I will not do this thing.

LA

kayaker

If any man before the cross forsook the spirit of his natural race and came into Gods covenant with Israel then he really became a true Israelite, not a pretend one.

Sounds great, LA. Is that your opinion, or do you have Scripture to corroborate your point? How do you account for Deuteronomy 7:1, 2, 3, Deuteronomy 23:1 KJV, Deuteronomy 23:2 KJV, Deuteronomy 23:3 KJV, Deuteronomy 23: 6 KJV. Listen again to Deuteronomy 7:2 KJV specifically addressing "no covenant with them". Didn't Ezra, some 1,400 years later, concur such marital unions into the house of Israel were a "great trespass" in Ezra 9:1, 2, 7? I don't hear a pre-cross option for entry among the Israelites with said tribes, including the Canaanites. Wasn't Judah (Isaiah 65:9 KJV) married to a Canaanite (Genesis 38:2, 1Chronicles 2:3)? Didn't God personally kill Judah's two elder CANAANITE sons (Genesis 38:6, 7, 8, 9, 10)? That's rather remarkable coincidence: no Canaanites (Deuteronomy 7:1 KJV), and no Canaanites (Ezra 9:1 KJV).

Nonetheless, God did make some exceptions considering Deuteronomy 23:7 KJV, Deuteronomy 23:8 KJV, Deuteronomy 23:9 KJV. Wasn't Esau, 'father' of the Edomites, married to a couple Hittite wives (Genesis 26:34), 'daughters' of Heth, second son of cursed Canaan (Genesis 10:15 KJV)? Their "third generation" were permitted conditional entrance among the Israelites. Didn't Abraham, seeking a burial site among the Hittites, give and receive noble respect to and from Ephron, the Hittite in Genesis 23:3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 13, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16? So, I get the impression the Hittites certainly went astray, by and large. But, those two occasions suggest a case and point that all didn't go astray. I suggest the Hittite descendants via Esau's two wives found grace in the eyes of the Lord (Genesis 6:8, 9) who conditionally commanded entrance among the Israelites. And, this leads up to your notable point following,

The same goes after the cross where the covenant people of God are those who have come into the new covenant inaugurated by Christ, and there is no other way to become a true Israelite of the new creation.

Agreed. Now a "true Israelite" has a Spiritual basis. In retrospect, I hear no basis for Spiritual entry into the house of Israel, only physical entry, and those exclusions and inclusions are mentioned above.

2Sa 11:11 And Uriah said unto David, The ark, and Israel, and Judah, abide in tents; and my lord Joab, and the servants of my lord, are encamped in the open fields; shall I then go into mine house, to eat and to drink, and to lie with my wife? as thou livest, and as thy soul liveth, I will not do this thing.

Very good point, LA!

Undoubtedly, Uriah was a very devout soldier. I almost get the impression Uriah knew David did the tango with his wife. Anyway... there is no ancestral history to Uriah, other than he was a Hittite... and, although Uriah's dedication was exemplary, please reflect again on the conditional entrance provided Esau's two Hittite wives' third generation into the house of Israel. That case opened the conditional door for certain generation Hittites, who maintained the same condition of Deuteronomy 23:9 KJV, to enter the Israelite congregation. My point being: there were flesh qualifications BEFORE there were marriage/covenants with certain Hittites. Most certainly, few found the door, while others went astray. I can only conclude Uriah met the flesh condition, and his dedication corroborated such.

Now, take a look again at my prior post:

You're a knowledgeable fellow LA, obviously well-read. Can you put an ancestral title on 'them'? Can you put an ancestral title on the descendants of Judah, then?

Those non-Israelites (John 8:33 KJV) who instigated the crucifixion (John 8:37 KJV) were the Canaanite/Shelanite descendants of Judah (Numbers 26:20 KJV) and his Canaanitess wife (Genesis 38:2, 1Chronicles 2:3). The Shelanites hid behind the title "Jew", and "Pharisee", and the Shelanites were the impostors of Revelation 2:9, 3:9... check my homework! Let me know...

kayaker

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

LA

Kayaker, you did not answer the question, but I will for you---

Faith, overrides the law, always did.

Mat 12:1 At that time Jesus went on the sabbath day through the corn; and his disciples were an hungred, and began to pluck the ears of corn, and to eat.
Mat 12:2 But when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto him, Behold, thy disciples do that which is not lawful to do upon the sabbath day.
Mat 12:3 But he said unto them, Have ye not read what David did, when he was an hungred, and they that were with him;
Mat 12:4 How he entered into the house of God, and did eat the shewbread, which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them which were with him, but only for the priests?
Mat 12:5 Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?
Mat 12:6 But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple.
Mat 12:7 But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless.
Mat 12:8 For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.

LA

kayaker

Kayaker, you did not answer the question, but I will for you---

Faith, overrides the law, always did.

Mat 12:1 At that time Jesus went on the sabbath day through the corn; and his disciples were an hungred, and began to pluck the ears of corn, and to eat.
Mat 12:2 But when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto him, Behold, thy disciples do that which is not lawful to do upon the sabbath day.
Mat 12:3 But he said unto them, Have ye not read what David did, when he was an hungred, and they that were with him;
Mat 12:4 How he entered into the house of God, and did eat the shewbread, which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them which were with him, but only for the priests?
Mat 12:5 Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?
Mat 12:6 But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple.
Mat 12:7 But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless.
Mat 12:8 For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.

LA

I appreciate the Scripture, LA... but, I don't gather you answered but one-half of your question, and then only from a post-cross perspective.

Originally Posted by Lazy afternoon View Post

How about some examples, LA? Can an Ethiopian change the color of his skin? Can a leopard change his spots? I already gave the exceptions found in Deuteronomy 23:7 KJV, Deuteronomy 23:8 KJV, Deuteronomy 23:9 KJV, although I don't include those so conditionally admitted, to be admitted into the priesthood. Deuteronomy 7:1, 2, 3, Deuteronomy 23:2 KJV, Deuteronomy 23:3 KJV remained in full force and effect 1,400 years later according to Ezra 9:1, 2, 7. So, how do you Scripturally corroborate any of those rebuked people in Deuteronomy/Ezra were given explicit exception to enter the congregation of the Lord? When and where were those Laws ever rescinded? Jesus didn't change one jot or tittle... That's the half of your question deserving Scriptural documentation.

kayaker

kayaker

Uriah was a blood Hittite, LA. His exemplary service to Israel didn't make him a blood Israelite, and God made this blood distinction in Deuteronomy 7:1, 2, 3, etc. Listen to Uriah's complaint:

Non-Israelites were not permitted to reside among the congregation of the Lord. There is exception being the Gentiles (descendants of Japheth, 'father' of the Gentiles, Genesis 9:27, 10:2, 3, 4, Genesis 10:5 KJV) were sanctioned by Noah to reside in the tents Shem in Genesis 9:27 KJV... but, the progeny thereof became Shemites.

Rahab, the Canaanite alleged harlot from Jericho, was spared utter destruction (Joshua 6:21 KJV) for her exemplary service to, and faith in the Israelites. But, that didn't make Rahab a blood Israelite... in fact, like the Hittite Uriah, she and her family also camped outside the Israelite camp (Joshua 6:23 KJV). So, other than the aforementioned laws of Deuteronomy 23:7 KJV, Deuteronomy 23:8 KJV, Deuteronomy 23:9 KJV, only vicariously through Esau and his two Hittite wives were the Hittite descendants of Heth, second son of cursed Canaan, permitted into the Israelite congregation of the Lord.

I agree with your notion of Uriah's exemplary faith and dedication to the Israelites... but, that didn't grant Uriah permission to reside within the Israelite camp. Uriah was an exemplary Hittite, and I say that with reflecting on the noble respect shared between Abraham and Ephron as Abraham sought a burial site for Sarah's body. Sarah was buried in the Hittite field of Machpelah... but, that didn't make Sarah a Hittite. Do you have any Scripture that explicitly states Uriah was anything but a Hittite?

I provided the Scripture that if Uriah was a Hittite/Israelite, then Uriah would have had to have been a descendant of Esau and his two Hittite wives whose third generation were granted conditional entry into the congregation of the Lord. Clearly Uriah wasn't granted said permission, and no amount of service and dedication would have made Uriah a blood Israelite. And, God commanded preservation of the Israelite people and ancestral heritage rebuking certain potential marital candidates in Deuteronomy 7:1, 2, 3, 23:3, corroborated by Ezra some 1,400 years later in Ezra 9:1, 2, 7. So, I appreciate your notion of faith LA, particularly post-cross. I appreciate your notion of faith, pre-cross, as with Uriah... but faith didn't make anyone pre-cross a blood Israelite. Through faith our adoption papers are signed in Jesus' blood. Before this, God made clear distinction in the marital laws of Deuteronomy, affirmed by Ezra, that were never rescinded with noted exception associated with the wives of Esau.

kayaker

Daniel1611

He is not a Jew who is one outwardly. He is a Jew who is one inwardly, circumcised in the heart.

Followers of Judaism who call themselves "Jews" are the synagogue of Satan.