Why is sex and sexual orientation so public?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
The fact that you can accept a man and woman kissing but not a woman and a woman kissing is textbook hypocrisy, regardless of the reason.

hy·poc·ri·sy
həˈpäkrəsē/
noun
noun: hypocrisy; plural noun: hypocrisies

the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense.

which textbook are you using? :idunno:

Granite

Hall of Fame
A world where we want people to define themselves based on WHAT they do. Not WHO they do.

Yeah, you're describing this one. What you really seem to have a problem with is public affection, which means this whole thing boils down to some blue noses shivering with the fear of a Puritan afraid that someone's out there enjoying themselves.

Some things never change.

Quetzal

It's not hypocrisy, it is standing up for what is normal and the way God (or nature if your an atheist) intended it. And your whole "regardless the reason" shows how stand off to reason you actually are.
You cannot make a purely theological argument and then pretend it is based on "reason". Further, you cannot play an argument from authority fallacy from a source that cannot be questioned, and not expect me to throw a flag. :yellow: If you personally think its gross, just say it that way. Don't hide behind God and expect your arguments to float, it doesn't work that way.

jzeidler

Yeah, you're describing this one. What you really seem to have a problem with is public affection, which means this whole thing boils down to some blue noses shivering with the fear of a Puritan afraid that someone's out there enjoying themselves.

Some things never change.

Wow, you couldn't be more wrong. But I'll let you be free to be wrong. It's ok.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
A world where we want people to define themselves based on WHAT they do. Not WHO they do.

One, your approval of how people define themselves in not necessary. Two, in the case of consenting adults, why on earth would you concern yourself over who someone else is in a relationship with?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
None of you guys are able or willing to even explain what exactly is so terrible with the world or what even upsets you that much.

honestly it turns my stomach to see two men or two women kissing or holding hands romantically, i lose my appetite and it affects my thinking for a split second.

it disgusts me. i'm not a big fan of straight people kissing and touching in public either, it's simple animalistic behavior, teen-age behavior. and then children see it, hear about it and now schools and churches allow it ?

Granite

Hall of Fame
honestly it turns my stomach to see two men or two women kissing or holding hands romantically, i lose my appetite and it affects my thinking for a split second.

it disgusts me. i'm not a big fan of straight people kissing and touching in public either, it's simple animalistic behavior, teen-age behavior. and then children see it, hear about it and now schools and churches allow it ?

You sound like an overgrown child.