Why I love divorce

dialm

BANNED
Banned
I absolutely disagree with your interpretation of the statement that "God hates divorce." It does not make sense to me. Especially, because, when in this text God said, "He hates divorce," He was nor referring to the divorce between a man and a woman but to have to let Israel the Ten Tribes go whereas Judah would remain as a People before the Lord forever. (Psa. 78:67-69)

Friend,

Have you never heard of The Great Flood. That was Satanic. So is divorce. Like a flood divorce has engulf mankind just as much as Death himself. The only difference is that it took Divorce a little longer to do it.

dialm

Ben Masada

Friend,

Have you never heard of The Great Flood. That was Satanic. So is divorce. Like a flood divorce has engulf mankind just as much as Death himself. The only difference is that it took Divorce a little longer to do it.

dialm

Yes, I have heard of the Flood but it never had any thing to with Satan or whatever you mean by "satanic." Satan is only a concept to illustrate the evil inclination in me. If you mean by "satanic" the evil inclination of the inhabitants of the earth before the Flood, yes, I agree with you; it was satanic.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Put away is divorce (Piper). 2 Pe 3:16] "I haven't added or subtracted anything[...]to the book of the Revelation."
2 Pe 3:16 :reals:

Mt 19:9, KJV

"34.78 ἀφίημιe; χωρίζωb; ἀπολύωd; λύσις, εως f: to dissolve the marriage bond—‘to divorce, to separate.’ ἀφίημιe: ἄνδρα γυναῖκα μὴ ἀφιέναι … μὴ ἀφιέτω τὸν ἄνδρα ‘a husband must not divorce his wife … and a wife must not divorce her husband’ 1 Cor 7:11, 13." Louw, J. P., & Nida, E. A. (1996). Greek-English lexicon of the New Testament: based on semantic domains (electronic ed. of the 2nd edition., Vol. 1, p. 456). New York: United Bible Societies.

"...But NOOOOOOO... Instead of sharing the Gospel, you spend your time accusing and condemning others..."
:yawn: 1 Cor 7:11, 13

4337.gif

Valley Girl ~ Frank Zappa

"...according to your novice false doctrine..."
:yawn: 1 Co 1:20

"...and self-righteousness."
:yawn: Lk 16:18

"You are everything that is wrong with the modern Christian faith."
:yawn: Eph 4:14

"May your unrighteous judgment be upon your own head."
Have you put away/divorced :freak: your wife? :Shimei: Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10

See:

Divorce & Remarriage: A Position Paper by John Piper

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
2 Pe 3:16 :reals:

Mt 19:9, KJV

"34.78 ἀφίημιe; χωρίζωb; ἀπολύωd; λύσις, εως f: to dissolve the marriage bond—‘to divorce, to separate.’ ἀφίημιe: ἄνδρα γυναῖκα μὴ ἀφιέναι … μὴ ἀφιέτω τὸν ἄνδρα ‘a husband must not divorce his wife … and a wife must not divorce her husband’ 1 Cor 7:11, 13." Louw, J. P., & Nida, E. A. (1996). Greek-English lexicon of the New Testament: based on semantic domains (electronic ed. of the 2nd edition., Vol. 1, p. 456). New York: United Bible Societies.

Nominal source. Try Zodhiates. Then you might understand the historical fallacy you have embraced to judge others in your own unrighteousness.

:yawn: 1 Cor 7:11, 13

Typological of Christ and the law. Too bad you're not dead to your law husband. Now you commit adultery trying to being joined to Christ.

The remainder of the context is Roman verbal divorce without a writ.

:yawn: 1 Co 1:20

Yes, your worldly wisdom is foolish.

:yawn: Lk 16:18

Yeah, a verbally discharged spouse must have a writ or they are in adultery, even if they're innocent. No spouse can merely be put away. There must be a writ.

And this cannot even be applicable today. A writ is required by man's statutory law, even for common law states.

:yawn: Eph 4:14

Right. So you shouldn't be blown by all those winds and waves of false doctrine, reprobate.

Have you put away/divorced :freak: your wife? :Shimei: Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10

NO. But those who have been divorced and remarried don't need your false doctrine and self-righteous condemnation.

Mote-eyed accuser of the Brethren.

No. He's a moronic novice and needs to step down and be taught.

Ben Masada

This is ridiculous. I would have never expected this to come from a Christian.

Divorce is an adversarial object, not in any way ordained by God.

Perhaps, you did not understand that this Christian who loves divorce thinks God is being literal about the human divorce between a man and a woman. No folks. The Lord is referring to the fact that He had to divorce Israel and, metaphorically came to hate what He had to do. The divorce between God and Israel took place as it is described in Psalms 78:67-70 when the Lord had to reject Israel and confirm Judah to remain as a lamp in Jerusalem forever for the sake of His servant David. (I Kings 11:36)