ECT WHY GLOSSA /TONGUES ARE NOT FOR TODAY !!

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Who are those deceived of whom you speak, LA? Moses? Paul referred to Moses' Abrahamic paternal distinction in Galatians 4:22. Didn't Abraham sire progeny via Keturah? Paul furthered Moses' Abrahamic paternal distinction (Genesis 24:1, 2, 3, 4) in Romans 9:6, 7, 8, 9, 10 that Jesus illuminated in John 8:37 KJV. John the Baptist affirmed this Abrahamic paternal distinction in Luke 3:2, 7, 8, 9, even Stephen in Acts 7:7, 8 who was impeccably fluent in the Books of Moses. Is Jesus the Son of God because you have some 'utteral' inkling? Because you acknowledge Jesus and His disciples, even Paul, performed healing miracles? Those were not the ordinary 'street healings', LA. Jesus was performing genetic reconstructions, hasn't been done since those days.

Jesus referred to Isaiah 6:9, 10, 11, 12 when Jesus delineated a multitude believer from a disciple in Matthew 13:10, 12, 13, 14, 15, with His path to discipleship illuminated in John 8:12-47 particularly in John 8:30 KJV, John 8:31 KJV, and John 8:32 KJV. I kinda get the impression familiarity with the OT is paramount to understanding what was going on in Jesus' day, and who all the players were. Do you have any explicit knowledge of those two Divine testimonies of the two Divine witnesses to Jesus' Divine Paternity (John 8:17, 18) found in those verses? I suggest such 'utter' truth is highly valued as Jesus mentioned distinguishing a believer from a disciple speaking exclusively to His disciples regarding believers being 'converted' into disciples in Matthew 13:15 KJV. His value of being "converted" is discerned in Matthew 13:16 KJV, Matthew 13:17 KJV.

Meanwhile... I keep hearing this tongues gift, and can't get a straight answer on the aforementioned topics by those who allege to possess the Holy Ghost. What did Ham do, LA (Genesis 9:22 KJV)? The answer is corroborated in Leviticus 18:8 KJV, Leviticus 20:11 KJV, Deuteronomy 22:30 KJV, and Deuteronomy 27:20 KJV... and God is the same tomorrow, today, and in Genesis. Sure it matters! Ham and his antediluvian wife were grandparents to Nimrod, King of Babel (Genesis 10:6, 7, 8, 9, 10), the first kingdom mentioned was "Babble", confusion.

I've heard PLENTY of babble in my walk, LA. God speaks to His people through His Word, a great place to delve with unbridled spiritual curiosity, an ongoing adventure. Is there such a creature as a disciple who does NOT speak in tongues, then? What did Ham do, LA? Who was Paul specifically referring to in Roman's 9:6, 7, 8, 9, 10? Those who instigated the crucifixion were NOT Israelites who were in bondage in Egypt (John 8:33 KJV). What is the OT ancestry of those alleged 'Jews' who instigated the crucifixion (Revelation 2:9, 3:9)?

Those who doubted only doubted Jesus' miracles publicly to mislead the 'lost sheep of the house of Israel.' Think about it: Romans 9:6 KJV. Who exactly misled the Israelites, and instigated the crucifixion? Listen again to Nicodemus' words in John 3:1, 2. And you're going to suggest speaking in tongues is profitable? How about proffering your divine illumination from one of those above scenarios, then.

Feed His sheep, LA

kayaker

Joh 7:37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
Joh 7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
Joh 7:39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
Act 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
Act 2:43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.
Act 2:44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;
Act 2:45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.
Act 2:46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
Act 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

Act 15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
Act 15:8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
Act 15:9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.

Act 19:2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
Act 19:3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.
Act 19:4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
Act 19:5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
Act 19:6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

1Co 14:5 I would that ye all spake with tongues, but rather that ye prophesied: for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying.

1Co 14:12 Even so ye, forasmuch as ye are zealous of spiritual gifts, seek that ye may excel to the edifying of the church.
1Co 14:13 Wherefore let him that speaketh in an unknown tongue pray that he may interpret.
1Co 14:14 For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.
1Co 14:15 What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.

1Co 14:26 How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.
1Co 14:27 If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret.

LA

Word based mystic

the apostles were told certain things are dealt with by prayer and fasting.

Jesus himself grew in grace/power and knowledge

sometimes people drew the healing power out of Jesus
other times He healed them with their little faith.

many different dynamics
i have just learned that we should stretch ourselves by asking and seeking and knocking

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
I got lazy on ignore (heretic)
But I'm going to guess he likes the tongue

Because those types of people who refuse literal interpretations of scripture gravitate towards the sensational so that they can feel stronger about their errors.

How'd I grade? A-F

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I got lazy on ignore (heretic)
But I'm going to guess he likes the tongue

Because those types of people who refuse literal interpretations of scripture gravitate towards the sensational so that they can feel stronger about their errors.

How'd I grade? A-F

Fine, it is up to you who you ignore.

One day you will wish you had not, hopefully.

My future participation in the last witness is assured.

When God does a lot of amazing things then you will say it is of the devil.

LA

kayaker

most atheists on different sites throw the amputation thing up.

I have a fellowship member that has his old knuckle in a jar after having it cut out messing around sword fighting.

He has a new knuckle.

Got a medical chart? I've worked alongside atheists... they ask the best questions. The elderly frequently have to have their entire knees and hips replaced. Guess they're going to the wrong church, or they'd have grown back. Open up a faith-healing regeneration clinic and put sports medicine in the bleachers. I've seen folk with knuckles surgically removed and the bones fused... the knuckles didn't grow back. He could have sheared off a slab of skin, and skin grows back. Soft tissue sports injuries heal, broken bones heal. Limbs don't grow back. Fingers don't. If he knocked a tooth out... got a hole in his choppers. If you deprive an insulin-dependent diabetic child of insulin... you'll have to answer to God, and I'll hold your feet to the fire... but, I guess they'll grow back. I'll give you a jar to put your smoked tootsies in while you wait. Got any medical records? If a Jew leaves the faith, will his circumcision grow back? Then, I guess God was just joking about parting of the flesh.

Even an atheist physician would boastfully report a spontaneous regeneration under his/her care... good for business! And, I've never heard of spontaneous limb or finger regeneration, got any medical records? Jesus healed the man with the withered right arm, not an amputated arm... look up Poland's syndrome with pics... there is a peculiar heritability aspect, and spontaneous cases. Fairly rare... that's the sort of miracle an atheist surgeon would take a second glance at, and raise an eyebrow at that knuckle cloning a new finger in that jar.

kayaker

andyc

Certainly not from Romans 11:25.

For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Wow... another mystery! lol

Yep. Hypder disps are all about the mysteries. I remember Totten Linnet used to say "whooooo whooooo mystery" ha ha!
Angela Lansbury would love MAD.

andyc

The more i pray for people the higher % that people get healed. whether immediately or pursuing or seeking for the healing over a period of time.

Jesus himself needed to deal with the blind man twice before fully healed.

our fellowship prayed for a lady who had most of her ovaries removed. The doctors kept them in a jar for her.
After praying for her 2 months later she visited her doctor for a followup on the condition of what was left of her ovaries and She had 2 fully healthy ovaries and no longer needed to take estrogen.

so many stories a good portion of them from our fellowships young adults praying.

The enthusiasm factor is like darkness and night ha ha!
Get around people who dare to believe God, and it stirs you up.

Word based mystic

Got a medical chart? I've worked alongside atheists... they ask the best questions. The elderly frequently have to have their entire knees and hips replaced. Guess they're going to the wrong church, or they'd have grown back. Open up a faith-healing regeneration clinic and put sports medicine in the bleachers. I've seen folk with knuckles surgically removed and the bones fused... the knuckles didn't grow back. He could have sheared off a slab of skin, and skin grows back. Soft tissue sports injuries heal, broken bones heal. Limbs don't grow back. Fingers don't. If he knocked a tooth out... got a hole in his choppers. If you deprive an insulin-dependent diabetic child of insulin... you'll have to answer to God, and I'll hold your feet to the fire... but, I guess they'll grow back. I'll give you a jar to put your smoked tootsies in while you wait. Got any medical records? If a Jew leaves the faith, will his circumcision grow back? Then, I guess God was just joking about parting of the flesh.

Even an atheist physician would boastfully report a spontaneous regeneration under his/her care... good for business! And, I've never heard of spontaneous limb or finger regeneration, got any medical records? Jesus healed the man with the withered right arm, not an amputated arm... look up Poland's syndrome with pics... there is a peculiar heritability aspect, and spontaneous cases. Fairly rare... that's the sort of miracle an atheist surgeon would take a second glance at, and raise an eyebrow at that knuckle cloning a new finger in that jar.

kayaker

i personally have not seen a limb regrown. but that does not mean i stop praying for such.
for these signs shall (follow) those who (believe).

I see healings very frequently. and there are healing rooms in the city of atlanta. I have not gone.

I remember once when i was visiting at Bill Johnsons church we were instructed to pray for those who needed it.
my 35 yr long friend in Christ and I prayed for a lady that had scoliosis, with her husband their we both put our hands on her back.
and within a near 30 seconds her back started popping and adjusting.
you could also feel her muscles re working to adjust to the spine straightening.

This is only one of thousands of healings that I have either seen or been a part of.

I have no need to prove the works Christ did in our pursuit of his (fullness) of the gospel.
There are many fellowships across the nation and world that I am aware of that has similar miracles.

I have found that a lot of people develop their doctrines on these kind of issues by their experience or lack of.

Cross Reference

My apology for being cryptic, CR, sincerely.

So, if all the P(p)entecostals had those gifts greater than Jesus' (I propose there are, but not as you perceive), then why don't we have heaven on earth, now?

Relatively speaking, we do. Love is still in the world. Love is the presence of God. "Pentecost" is still in action. Remove His love, His Presence, and this world would be uninhabitable. Are we not now moving in the direction in current events to where Jesus having made this comment to His Disciples is coming to fruition?:

"And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them? I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?" Luke 18:7-8 (KJV)

Can you explain why it is the "elect" of God will cry day and night unto Him, those you believe should be doing mighty miracles in His Name you demand to see as evidence of some sort? Can you explain this from Jesus to His Disciples: "And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days." Mark 13:20 (KJV)

Because of non-believers? Non-believers in what or whom, specifically? Most on this thread, at least, are believers in Jesus. Then, are you referring to non-believers in those contemporary gifts? I don't hear anyone here believing such was not the case in Jesus' time. Appreciating Nick's post... do dead men experience 'believe' in their dead flesh bodies, to be raised back into those flesh bodies?

Would you believe if miracles were being performed?? I don't think so. Your words condemn you, even the scriptures you quote with the hope of convincing anyone you are correct. You cite Matt 24, Jesus speaking and warning His Disciples of the days to come without a mention of miracles in His words of caution __ only tribulation.

So, the arrogance stems from the accusation those who don't follow the P(p)entecostal way... are, somehow non-believers. Therefore, the only reason we don't have heaven on earth is THEIR fault, not the fault of tongue speakers! So, doesn't suggesting the possibility of heaven on earth via these alleged contemporary miracles, greater than Jesus', inherently imply we don't need Christ's return?

Arrogance is not of anything Pentecostal I have ever experienced from anyone who is. I know it to be the other way around, a way of unbelief.

Why do we need Christ's return if you folk, Oatmeal particularly, can perform greater than Jesus, Himself? That notion inherently implies that we don't need Jesus back. That notion inherently implies acceptance that Jesus can delay His return. And, that brings me to Matthew 24:42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 with particular emphasis on v. 48 and 49:

Matthew 24:49, 49, KJV "But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming (who needs Jesus to return, you guys got Him covered); 49) And shall begin to smite his fellow servants (NON-believers in contemporary alleged gifts), and to eat and drink with the drunken ('slain in the spirit')..."​

Why did you leave out Matt 24:1-41?????

Is the doing or not doing of miracles the reason for His return?? Maybe you can explain why or why not?

John 9:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, KJV "And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth. 2) And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind? 3) Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him. 4) I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work. 5) As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world."​

So where does that leave you in the scheme of things?

The literal Light shined around Paul who performed a healing miracle... I figure His Light shined somewhere around 15 to 30 seconds in broad daylight. So, have you guys seen the literal Light? Were you literally blinded by the Light? Paul was the LAST to see the Light, folks. Any testimonies here about seeing and being blinded by 15-30 seconds of literal light from some unseen source?

kayaker

You 'purposely' figure wrongly and your motive is to discredit His Life you need by saying in your heart: "I will not pay the price for it".

Levolor

The literal Light shined around Paul who performed a healing miracle... I figure His Light shined somewhere around 15 to 30 seconds in broad daylight. So, have you guys seen the literal Light?

I have seen the Light.
Were you literally blinded by the Light?

No. I was not in such darkness for it to, but it was glorious!
Paul was the LAST to see the Light, folks.

You can continue to think that if you wish.

Any testimonies here about seeing and being blinded by 15-30 seconds of literal light from some unseen source?

I have had people tell me that they see me change when praying for folks. I asked in what way? Was told: There was this light... a glow around you.

I cannot validate this myself. I don't look in the mirror while praying.

I do want to tell you a story I had read. It has been quite a while since I have read it so particulars won't be right, but the ending I will never forget.

Somehow this father's son was handicapped, either from birth or there had been an accident. This father had always prayed that his children would be saved. Well, because of the handicap, this father also prayed that his son would be healed. Prayed for this daily, for I don't recall how long, but then the father received an answer. God said: Do you want your child healed or saved? This condition is being used to save him, or I can heal him. The father thereafter never prayed for the healing again. End story.

I can only think that that child will end up having a tremendous testimony of how God has worked in his life. Perhaps even after he was saved he then was healed. I don't know.

We can't see the big picture like God can and does. Everything, absolutely everything is for our best good. Something that used to be a struggle for in my life was the asking of God: why? Thankfully, I no longer am troubled with that and instead trust God.

The difference is one can lead to bitterness, and the other leads to praising God. We all have choices to make. May we all come to have complete trust in God. Never stop praying though.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
i personally have not seen a limb regrown. but that does not mean i stop praying for such.
for these signs shall (follow) those who (believe).

I see healings very frequently. and there are healing rooms in the city of atlanta. I have not gone.

I remember once when i was visiting at Bill Johnsons church we were instructed to pray for those who needed it.
my 35 yr long friend in Christ and I prayed for a lady that had scoliosis, with her husband their we both put our hands on her back.
and within a near 30 seconds her back started popping and adjusting.
you could also feel her muscles re working to adjust to the spine straightening.

This is only one of thousands of healings that I have either seen or been a part of.

I have no need to prove the works Christ did in our pursuit of his (fullness) of the gospel.
There are many fellowships across the nation and world that I am aware of that has similar miracles.

I have found that a lot of people develop their doctrines on these kind of issues by their experience or lack of.

Are you a follower of Benny Hinn per chance?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Why would anyone make "predictions" about fellow posters
deaths? Because, that's the way LA rolls! He loves to make
such predictions! Makes him/her feel relevant, I guess?

I only repeat what the Bible states will happen to unbelievers.

but you repeat what you read in a MAD magazine, because you do not hear His voice.

LA