ECT WHY GLOSSA /TONGUES ARE NOT FOR TODAY !!

jsjohnnt

It is your loss.
Loss ?? What on earth are you talking about? At least I know what was actually written by the prophets and apostles. Most people would see this as good news. You think studies in the greek are without benefit? Is that what you are saying, or, are you exemplifying the adage, "Ignorance is bliss?"

God's Truth

Abraham had faith before he was required to be circumcised as a sign of his faith.

This alone shows that one who is now being circumcised by the Spirit in the heart in the cutting away of their fleshiness is indeed in the true faith.

By some saying that it all occurs at the moment of their receiving the Holy Spirit, is like Abraham being circumcised when he first believed, which he was not.

It also makes the instructions of putting away the things of the flesh to the new believers to be unnecessary--

Rom 8:12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
Rom 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
Rom 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

In other words-

Those who are not mortifying the deeds of the flesh, have turned away from the faith, because even if we should stray, we have a high Priest who will act to turn us back to Him.

Heb 12:5 And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:
Heb 12:6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
Heb 12:7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
Heb 12:8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

So that those who have no experience of this, are not sons, but could be babes who have mothers on earth guided by the chief shepherd.

LA

God made the promise to Abraham before circumcision. Circumcision was just the sign...not the promise itself. The PROMISE has come. Circumcision is no longer a sign in our flesh that we give, for the Holy Spirit living in us is now our sign.

Circumcision was an outward sign to separate a nation unto God. We are now separated to God by faith in His Son.

Ephesians 1:13 And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit,

We are the CIRCUMCISION, we who worship by the Spirit.

Philippians 3:3 For it is we who are the circumcision, we who worship by the Spirit of God, who glory in Christ Jesus, and who put no confidence in the flesh—

We come to Jesus and repent of our sins. WE PUT OFF the sinful nature.

Colossians 2:11 In him you were also circumcised, in the putting off of the sinful nature, not with a circumcision done by the hands of men but with the circumcision done by Christ,

WE HAVE A PART IN OUR HEARTS BEING CIRCUMCISED.

Deuteronomy 10:16 Circumcise your hearts, therefore, and do not be stiff-necked any longer.

We are to circumcise our hearts by repenting of our sins and that means to stop sinning.

Jeremiah 4:4 Circumcise yourselves to the LORD, circumcise your hearts, you people of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem, or my wrath will flare up and burn like fire because of the evil you have done-- burn with no one to quench it.

God the Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit circumcises our hearts.

Deuteronomy 30:6 The Lord your God will circumcise your hearts and the hearts of your descendants, so that you may love him with all your heart and with all your soul, and live.

Colossians 2:11 In him you were also circumcised, in the putting off of the sinful nature, not with a circumcision done by the hands of men but with the circumcision done by Christ,

Romans 2:29 No, a man is a Jew if he is one inwardly; and circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code. Such a man's praise is not from men, but from God.

God's Truth

Loss ?? What on earth are you talking about? At least I know what was actually written by the prophets and apostles. Most people would see this as good news. You think studies in the greek are without benefit? Is that what you are saying, or, are you exemplifying the adage, "Ignorance is bliss?"

You are proof that studying Greek makes people further from God's Truth.

Nowhere are we told that we have to study Greek to know the Truth.

Jesus says he gives understanding to those who obey his teachings.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
II Cor 4:16: "Though we are outwardly wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day." Maturity in Christ, "circumcision" of or by the Spirit, is a process that takes a life-time.

Eph 4:13 speaks of this process, as well, with the words " . . . . until we all reach unity in the faith and knowledge of the Son of God, and become mature, attaining the whole measure of the fulness of Christ."

Is this process what you are talking about?

Not exactly but part of.

A believer who has put off the works of the flesh , has still to mature/grow after that.

Works of the flesh are an obstacle to growing in wisdom and grace, if not put off.

LA

Cross Reference

Not exactly but part of.

A believer who has put off the works of the flesh , has still to mature/grow after that.

Works of the flesh are an obstacle to growing in wisdom and grace, if not put off.

LA

Putting off the flesh is the result of growing in sonship. That beggars the question: "How much do we want to grow into a son from being a child of God? "But as many as received him, to them [new born children] gave he power [indwelling] to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: John 1:12 (KJV)

Last edited:

kayaker

Kayaker does not want to be clear; maybe because he has a hard time explaining his false beliefs; or, maybe he thinks he is Jesus and wants to speak in riddles, and if anyone understands the great kayaker, they are saved.

More likely, you don’t want to hear because your ego is drooling out of your ears, LOL!

From what I have deciphered from his strange teachings, he believes that Satan impregnated Eve and had Cain. He thinks that Cain killed his brother because he is the biological child of Satan. He then claims that God punished not so much Cain, but his demon seed. Anyone blood related to Cain is from the devil and is hated in this world and afflicted with disease and abnormalities.

You do not know the ancestral origin of the Gentiles (Genesis 9:27, Genesis 10:2, 3, 4, Genesis 10:5 KJV).

You do not know what happened in Noah’s tent (Genesis 9:22 KJV, Leviticus 18:8 KJV). Japheth, ‘father’ of the Gentiles backed into Noah’s tent, covered (Genesis 9:23 KJV). Appreciating Japheth being ‘father’ of the Gentiles, who walked into Noah’s tent covered and backwards (Genesis 9:23 KJV), you might miraculously grasp WHO Paul referred to in 1Corinthians 5:1 KJV.

You do not know that in Romans 9:6, 7, 8, 9, that Paul culled out “Abraham’s seed” with his wife Keturah via her son (NOT Abraham’s son) Shuah (Genesis 25:1, 2, 3, 4). Keturah’s son Shuah (“Abraham’s seed” John 8:33 KJV, John 8:37 KJV, NOT one of “Abraham’s children” John 8:39 KJV) was the father-in-law of Judah (Genesis 38:2 KJV), prophesied progenitor of Messiah (Isaiah 65:9).

You do not know those of “Abraham’s seed” (Genesis 25:4), who instigated Jesus’ crucifixion (John 8:33 KJV, John 8:37 KJV) were the Shelanite descendants of Judah (Numbers 26:20 KJV) via his CANAANITE wife (Genesis 38:2, 1Chronicles 2:3).

You do not know some 1,400 years later that Ezra EXcluded “The sons of Shelah the (CANAANITE) son of Judah…” (1Chronicles 4:21, 22) from the TRIBE of Judah in 1Chronicles 4:1 KJV. The TRIBE of Judah ONLY consisted of Judah’s descendants via his daughter-in-law Tamar (1Chronicles 4:1 KJV). Through their son Pharez (Genesis 38:29 KJV) descended David and Jesus illuminated in the third verse of the very first chapter of the New Testament (Matthew 1:3 KJV)… as Matthew illustrated the “GENERATION of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham” (Matthew 1:1 KJV). You accurately proclaim I AM THE ONLY ONE here interested in the Jesus’ GENERATION! You bet I am! For you, any ole generation would do, and any ole virgin would work to gestate God’s Son.

You do not know the SHELANITES (Numbers 26:20 KJV) were NOT ancestrally authentic JEWS.

You do not know the SHELANITES were the impostor Jews Jesus referred to in Revelations 2:9, 3:9.

You do not know Cain’s descendants survived the flood, much less how, even though Jesus spoke with them:

Matthew 23:31, 32, 33, 35, 36, KJV Jesus speaking to THEM, “And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers (obviously LITERAL father), we would not have been partakers with them (their LITERAL fathers) in the blood of the prophets.” 32) Whereby ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the (literal) children of them which killed the prophets. 33) Fill ye up then the measure (reputation) of your (literal) fathers. 34) Ye serpents, ye GENERATION of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell? 35) That upon you (Cain’s descendants) may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel…[/B[” 36) Verily I say unto you (SERPENTS), All these things shall come upon this GENERATION (OF VIPERS).”

You don’t know WHO killed Abel, or you’d know who Jesus was conversing with.

He believes that those blood related to Cain are the Jews who had Jesus killed.

You don’t know the difference between a Shelanite imposter, and a lost sheep Israelite JEW. You think ALL descendants of Abraham were Jews, even though Paul disagreed with you in Romans 9:6, 7, 8, 9. You think ALL descendants of Abraham were Jews, even though Jesus made distinction in Revelation 2:9. Consequently, take particular heed to:

Revelation 3:9, 10, KJV “Behold I will make them of the synagogue of Satan (Matthew 23:33 KJV), which say they are Jews (the Shelanites, John 8:33 KJV), and are NOT (Genesis 25:4, Genesis 38:2, 5, 26, 1Chronicles 4:21, 22, John 8:37 KJV, John 8:39 KJV), but do lie (they’re CANAANITES, Genesis 38:2, 1Chronicles 2:3); behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee (Deuteronomy 7:6, 7, 8, 9, Israelites). 10) Because thou hast kept the word of my patience (John 8:32 KJV, John 8:44 KJV), I will also keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.”​

So, glossmaster… When you graduate children’s Sunday School to understanding the aforementioned, we might have further conversation about Cain’s paternity. And you might get a clue who the two “he’s” were Jesus presented in John 8:44 KJV… that you never filled in the blanks, glossmaster.

So all you charismatic holy-rollers, glossmaster included, ITJ included, LA included, Cross Reference included… you can take a look at Matthew 24:9 KJV and do me the honor! Meanwhile, you fall into the category Matthew 24:11 KJV, Matthew 24:24 KJV.

For the record… you Jerry Springer followers ALL let Cain off scot-free! So, I suppose there's hope for you, ROFLOL!

kayaker

God's Truth

More likely, you don’t want to hear because your ego is drooling out of your ears, LOL!
You do not know the ancestral origin of the Gentiles (Genesis 9:27, Genesis 10:2, 3, 4, Genesis 10:5 KJV).
You do not know what happened in Noah’s tent (Genesis 9:22 KJV, Leviticus 18:8 KJV).
The scripture says that Noah lay uncovered in the tent, not Ham's mother. The two other brothers physically walked backward so that they did not see their father’s nakedness. They literally took a garment to cover their father. The scripture does not say anything about their father’s wife, as Leviticus mentions the wife of a father. The scripture mentions nothing about Ham sleeping with his mother.
Japheth, ‘father’ of the Gentiles backed into Noah’s tent, covered (Genesis 9:23 KJV). Appreciating Japheth being ‘father’ of the Gentiles, who walked into Noah’s tent covered and backwards (Genesis 9:23 KJV), you might miraculously grasp WHO Paul referred to in 1Corinthians 5:1 KJV.
I have already explained that Corinthians does not back your story, for the man sleeping with his father’s wife does NOT make it automatically his mother. The reason Gentiles are mentioned is not because of anything you think Ham did with his mother.
You do not know that in Romans 9:6, 7, 8, 9, that Paul culled out “Abraham’s seed” with his wife Keturah via her son (NOT Abraham’s son) Shuah (Genesis 25:1, 2, 3, 4). Keturah’s son Shuah (“Abraham’s seed” John 8:33 KJV, John 8:37 KJV, NOT one of “Abraham’s children” John 8:39 KJV) was the father-in-law of Judah (Genesis 38:2 KJV), prophesied progenitor of Messiah (Isaiah 65:9).
The Bible usually mentions the children’s mother to whom they are born. You are making up things that are not there. The sons Abraham had with Keturah ARE ABRAHAM’s SONS. They are Abraham’s seed. As is Ishmael from Hagar.
You do not know those of “Abraham’s seed” (Genesis 25:4), who instigated Jesus’ crucifixion (John 8:33 KJV, John 8:37 KJV) were the Shelanite descendants of Judah (Numbers 26:20 KJV) via his CANAANITE wife (Genesis 38:2, 1Chronicles 2:3).
You are trying to make a difference between Abraham’s seed and Abraham’s children. Yet, JESUS IS THE SEED FROM ABRAHAM!
Jesus explains that if one does like Abraham, then that makes Abraham their father. If one does wrong, then that makes the devil their father.
You do not know some 1,400 years later that Ezra EXcluded “The sons of Shelah the (CANAANITE) son of Judah…” (1Chronicles 4:21, 22) from the TRIBE of Judah in 1Chronicles 4:1 KJV. The TRIBE of Judah ONLY consisted of Judah’s descendants via his daughter-in-law Tamar (1Chronicles 4:1 KJV). Through their son Pharez (Genesis 38:29 KJV) descended David and Jesus illuminated in the third verse of the very first chapter of the New Testament (Matthew 1:3 KJV)… as Matthew illustrated the “GENERATION of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham” (Matthew 1:1 KJV). You accurately proclaim I AM THE ONLY ONE here interested in the Jesus’ GENERATION! You bet I am!
I did not ever say that. You do not pay attention to truth. You have an imagination. I did not say you are the only one interested in Jesus’ generation. It is important to whom Jesus is from, for God made a promise to Abraham. I said that you need to stop about genealogies now, because it does NOT MATTER TO WHOM WE ARE BLOOD RELATED. It only matters about our having faith in Jesus’ blood!
For you, any ole generation would do, and any ole virgin would work to gestate God’s Son.
That is not true. You do not speak the truth.
You do not know the SHELANITES (Numbers 26:20 KJV) were NOT ancestrally authentic JEWS.
You do not know the SHELANITES were the impostor Jews Jesus referred to in Revelations 2:9, 3:9.
Anyone who calls themselves a Jew, but does not love Jesus is an imposter.
You do not know Cain’s descendants survived the flood, much less how, even though Jesus spoke with them:
Matthew 23:31, 32, 33, 35, 36, KJV Jesus speaking to THEM, “And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers (obviously LITERAL father), we would not have been partakers with them (their LITERAL fathers) in the blood of the prophets.” 32) Whereby ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the (literal) children of them which killed the prophets. 33) Fill ye up then the measure (reputation) of your (literal) fathers. 34) Ye serpents, ye GENERATION of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell? 35) That upon you (Cain’s descendants) may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel…[/B[” 36) Verily I say unto you (SERPENTS), All these things shall come upon this GENERATION (OF VIPERS).”

You don’t know WHO killed Abel, or you’d know who Jesus was conversing with.
You don’t know the difference between a Shelanite imposter, and a lost sheep Israelite JEW. You think ALL descendants of Abraham were Jews, even though Paul disagreed with you in Romans 9:6, 7, 8, 9.

7 Nor because they are his descendants are they all Abraham’s children. On the contrary, “It is through Isaac that your offspring will be reckoned.” 8 In other words, it is not the children by physical descent who are God’s children, but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as Abraham’s offspring.

Those scriptures are telling us the children of Abraham are those who HAVE FAITH.
You think ALL descendants of Abraham were Jews, even though Jesus made distinction in Revelation 2:9. Consequently, take particular heed to:
I said all Israelites are blood related to Abraham, and they are.
Revelation 3:9, 10, KJV “Behold I will make them of the synagogue of Satan (Matthew 23:33 KJV), which say they are Jews (the Shelanites, John 8:33 KJV), and are NOT (Genesis 25:4, Genesis 38:2, 5, 26, 1Chronicles 4:21, 22, John 8:37 KJV, John 8:39 KJV), but do lie (they’re CANAANITES, Genesis 38:2, 1Chronicles 2:3); behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee (Deuteronomy 7:6, 7, 8, 9, Israelites). 10) Because thou hast kept the word of my patience (John 8:32 KJV, John 8:44 KJV), I will also keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.”​
So, glossmaster… When you graduate children’s Sunday School to understanding the aforementioned, we might have further conversation about Cain’s paternity. And you might get a clue who the two “he’s” were Jesus presented in John 8:44 KJV… that you never filled in the blanks, glossmaster.
So all you charismatic holy-rollers, glossmaster included, ITJ included, LA included, Cross Reference included… you can take a look at Matthew 24:9 KJV and do me the honor! Meanwhile, you fall into the category Matthew 24:11 KJV, Matthew 24:24 KJV.
For the record… you Jerry Springer followers ALL let Cain off scot-free! So, I suppose there's hope for you, ROFLOL!
kayaker
I hope you repent.

God's Truth

Those who have faith in Jesus are Abraham's children. Those blood related to Abraham make no difference anymore, for Jesus has come and only his blood matters.

Romans 9:7 Nor because they are his descendants are they all Abraham’s children. On the contrary, “It is through Isaac that your offspring will be reckoned.” 8 In other words, it is not the children by physical descent who are God’s children, but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as Abraham’s offspring.

Those scriptures are telling us the children of Abraham are those who HAVE FAITH.

Galatians 3:7 Understand, then, that those who have faith are children of Abraham.

Romans 3:30 since there is only one God, who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through that same faith.

The Jews who are blood related to Abraham are the circumcised. The uncircumcised are all the others. All are Abraham's children by faith; if they have faith in Jesus.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Kayaker failed

The flood was not a mandate for capital punishment as his preconceived philosophical prejudice dictated.

He lost that argument and then failed to admit it.

Cain was called God by Eve at his birth.

By virtue of who he was he shared in the direct tie Adam had when Adam worshipped God however as can be deducted, by the time of the murder hundreds of thousands had already been born. Guesswork.

A vagabond and fugitive placed him outside of the inner family circle to be outside of the group of faithful believers.

This was his only punishment.

First degree murder was not punished by life in prison or the death penalty.

Kay goes beyond the text - not a surprise.

jsjohnnt

Kayaker does not know that Abraham Issac and Jacob plus wives were gentiles.

and that Uriah was a Hittite.

LA
I understand you larger point, I think, but it is not accurate to frame Abraham as "gentile" when it was the Law and those to whom it was given, that created the separation between Jews and Gentiles. Agree?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I understand you larger point, I think, but it is not accurate to frame Abraham as "gentile" when it was the Law and those to whom it was given, that created the separation between Jews and Gentiles. Agree?

Faith made the difference, but their flesh all came from the same place.

LA

Cross Reference

So what do you mean by it not being accurate since the law came by Moses __ not Abraham?

God's Truth

Faith made the difference, but their flesh all came from the same place.

LA

Are you speaking about a person's skin color and language? Are you claiming that Adam and Noah were of different places, skin color, and languages? Are you claiming that Abraham was separated from Noah by those things also? What exactly are you saying?

God's Truth

That is an excellent point and question.

A Gentile is one that did not have a speaking relationship with God. The Gentiles were excluded and without God in the world because of their behavior; they did not obey God's commands.

Ephesians 2:11 Therefore remember that formerly you, the Gentiles in the flesh, who are called "Uncircumcision " by the so-called "Circumcision," which is performed in the flesh by human hands-- 12remember that you were at that time separate from Christ, excluded from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers to the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world. 13But now in Christ Jesus you who formerly were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.…

Is a 'Gentile' always just a light skinned person, or a person not blood related by the way of Abraham? That is a question that should not matter.

We are told that we are children of Abraham if we have faith; faith with obedience.

We are told that a Jew is one inwardly.

We have a good idea what the people in this part of the country look like. Is that what this is about? We know that Abraham came from Shem, and that is where the Semites come. The Semites spoke Hebrew and Aramaic.

We have a good idea what these people look like.

Acts 17:…26and He made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined their appointed times and the boundaries of their habitation, 27that they would seek God, if perhaps they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us; 28for in Him we live and move and exist, as even some of your own poets have said, 'For we also are His children.'…

It is always about seeking God. Solomon's father was David, and yet, Solomon was still told to seek God. Seeking God is a very personal matter.

How do we seek God?

We seek God by getting Jesus' teachings.

How do we find God?

We find God by obeying Jesus' teachings.

oatmeal

Dan, given that the sign gifts ceased when God closed the door on Israel, would you agree that the point in Paul's epistles written around the time of Acts 28 and later would indicate the cessation?

And your scripture used to substantiate that is what?

Oh, you don't have one?

No surprise.

oatmeal

Hi to all , and here is the MAIN reasons that so-called TONGUES are not for today !!

#1 ,It was a Prophecy to be fulfilled at Pentecost , a Jewish Feast Day !

#2 , It was a Promise given to Israel in Joel 2:28 !

#3 , It was to pass away , by Acts 19:6 !!

#4 , 1 Cor 13:8-13 , as they were a WITNESS to fellow Jews at Jerusalem and to those not Present at Pentecost , like in Acts 19:6 !!

Anyone who says that God SPOKE to them with NEW REVELATION is then ABOVE Scripture as the Canon is CLOSED and is LYING !!

DAN P

You call that a wise use of scripture?

Your rejection of the gift of the holy spirit is uninformed