ECT why don't you say the Our Father?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
It appears to me it's an avoiding the discussion of the passage question.

I take this passage literally. Jesus starts the passage with what is to be taken literal in verse 1 "Beware of practicing your righteousness before men to be noticed by them"

okay
so
now we know one passage that you take literally
and
one passage that you don't take literally

can you tell us how you decide what to take literally?

God's Truth

I agree with her on this point.

Col. 1:22 yet He has now reconciled you in His fleshly body through death, in order to present you before Him holy and blameless and beyond reproach- 23 if indeed you continue in the faith firmly established and steadfast, and not moved away from the hope of the gospel that you have heard,

Our continuing to obey physically is how we worship him spiritually.

Rom. 12:1 Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship.

Amen.

God's Truth

I have confession to make. I am not a big on prayer so at least Jesus gave us how to pray. I just pray everyday Lord's prayer so God knows I am not forgetting Him.

I don't understand the fuss so many are making about the Lord's prayer.

I am not a catholic and I don't belong to any organization.

blessings.

If you had Jesus living in your heart he could not think you were forgetting him.

If you have to say the Lord's Prayer to let Jesus know you have not forgotten him, then you are in trouble.

2 Corinthians 5:11 Since, then, we know what it is to fear the Lord, we try to persuade others. What we are is plain to God, and I hope it is also plain to your conscience.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
My grandpops used to literally go into the closet [the wardrobe] to pray every day.....people will laugh [and grandpops was a Catholic man] but it makes me proud of his memory.....and even if he prayed only Our Fathers and Hail Marys with the occasional Glory be, I think God answered his prayers.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
He also used to say grace before meals wherever he was, even at work when all the men nudged and winked and poked fun.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
As a little kid I got chased by a HUGE swarm of wasps, I ran into the outhouse and watched in terror as thousands and thousands of wasps pelted the window, that glass was going to break. What's more they had found a gap under the door.

"Our Father who art in heaven hallowed be Thy name....."

When I looked up they were gone agone, every last one of them.

turbosixx

then there is no reason why you shouldn't pray in a closet with the door shut

If we take that literal then there should be no reason for us to stand in the assembly to pray.

5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues

meshak

BANNED
Banned
If we take that literal then there should be no reason for us to stand in the assembly to pray.

5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues

This is very complicated matter. I think we should agree to disagree.

God looks into our hearts. We better practice with all our heat, soul, strength and mind in everything we do including our prayers.

blessings.

turbosixx

This is very complicated matter. I think we should agree to disagree.

God looks into our hearts. We better practice with all our heat, soul, strength and mind in everything we do including our prayers.

blessings.

I think your right, we are going to have to agree to disagree. I don't believe it's complicated but man makes it that way. How can we say when he says "go into a closet" we should do that, but when he says don't stand and pray in the assemble it's ok to do that. That is not applying the word consistently.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I think your right, we are going to have to agree to disagree. I don't believe it's complicated but man makes it that way. How can we say when he says "go into a closet" we should do that, but when he says don't stand and pray in the assemble it's ok to do that. That is not applying the word consistently.

You see, I think you just commented complicated way.

The difference is that Bible is not consistent in everything. That's why I follow basic principle of God and Jesus' messages.

I stick to what Jesus says basically.