Why do you say it's about race? What proof do you have?

WizardofOz

Cool!
Then my authority says it means 'black person'.
Ta da!

It's changed from it being (as you describe it) benign to derogatory.

Good luck changing it back.

I can appreciate your overall demeanor. I don't get offended by really anything. However, when people like intojoy say nigga in threads it's because he is trying to be offensive. I bet you don't go around calling blacks ****** or 'boy' IRL because you know damn well they would find it offensive.

Why defend the word?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why defend the word?
Why defend the negative meaning?
Just let the negativity go bye bye. Poof.
Problem solved and no one need be offended by it ever again.

Or you can continue to milk it for any and all negativity you can muster.
I think my way is much more beneficial to everyone.

WizardofOz

Why defend the negative meaning?
Just let the negativity go bye bye. Poof.
Problem solved and no one need be offended by it ever again.

Or you can continue to milk it for any and all negativity you can muster.
I think my way is much more beneficial to everyone.

I appreciate the sentiment. You think people like intojoy are letting the negativity go bye bye?

I sure don't

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
When you get around to that, how about this...

If cracker used to mean "white person", what does it mean now? :think:

Something else I imagine...
To me, the idiom 'cracker' has always meant 'white person'. (I don't know what other color person it could refer to.)
So did idioms like snowflake and snow bunny, along with pale face
Is still see them as such.
I now have to read something in context to know how 'snowflake' is being used.
For practically my whole life it was an idiom for whites, used by folks of other colors.

I'm sure a lot of this has to do with cultural upbringing.
For instance, I have heard some folks go nuts over a wife being called 'little lady' by their husband.
But where I am from, it is as much a term of endearment as honey, sweetie, sugar.
It's not considered a put down at all.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I appreciate the sentiment. You think people like intojoy are letting the negativity go bye bye?

I sure don't
Negativity of the word still has power to you only because you still choose to give it power.

Besides, Intojoy is Samoan, so he's a mud person anyway.
:rotfl:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Feminist hated the word "broad' so much that the Olympics almost had to change the name of one of the events to 'person jump'.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
@Tambora - When is racism not a bad thing?
There are instances in the bible when Israel was not to associate or marry outside of their own.
For whatever reason, it seemed to be preferred at the time.

So, as to answer your question, I have a hard time boxing anything into always being good or bad.
I think it depends on the situation at hand.
What may be beneficial at one time, may not have the same benefit at all times.

Ecclesiastes 3 KJV
(1) To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
(2) A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
(3) A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
(4) A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
(5) A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
(6) A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
(7) A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
(8) A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

I think we need to be a little more forgiving of folks that are in a particularly bad mood that say things in a heated moment, and not start digging in the claws over every little thing.
We've all been there.
We all know the thoughts that go through our heads when we get upset and words are blurted out.

Look, I hate it when watching a courtroom show and see them use the old "He said he wanted to kill her last week".
As if saying it meant he actually wanted to literally do so.
I've been upset with my kids and said I was going to kill them.
People say things in a heated moment that they do not mean literally.
Everyone has said that about someone.
It is no proof at all that they are the kind of person that would do such a thing.

Sometimes words are just blurted out, and they really don't have any true literal meaning other than just being upset and emotional.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
I call my son 14 year old valedictorian of his class my Lil niggah. It has become a term of endearment. There are only 2 races, the decent and the indecent. Black people were enslaved by the welfare program of white liberals. 50 years of food stamps has removed black fathers form their responsibility to become men. They've chosen a path of hedonism as portrayed in the hip hop music culture. Running simultaneously with that white and black liberals have continued to brainwash African Americans into seeing themselves as victims. What white liberals did next was give African Americans a black president and in doing so they ensured black votes for the democrats for another 50 years. The NFL children raised in college and high school are The Obama Youth Brigades this is just the fallout. It will pass, the fantasy land you've lived in is over drum. It ain't never coming back again. Glad to expose your lack of evidence on this thread (that I haven't read), looks like you're searching for what you don't have. Glad I could help. I am prejudiced against black criminals, you should be too. I'm prejudiced against the kkk just like Trump is, MAGA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
A white man calling a black man is not a racist comment?

Only when it is based on the black man's color. But when black men commit wicked deeds and then other black men excuse their actions it is not racist to call them the n word. It is simply an alternative to taking the law into his own hands and executing the offenders. You're just so brainwashed and dumb. You and dr dumbly. I was beat up by a black cop and I white cop and I consider that niggah and that honkey to be my friends. Because I might have done the same thing if I was them. I have absolutely no hard feelings over that incident. I'm not a victim. They're the victims because they have to deal with ignorant niggahs like I was at that time. All good Wizard of nothing. All good.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Racism was necessary for punishment of idolatry in the land of Canaan. Racism is necessary in Detroit and Chicago because of hedonism resulting in anarchy. White cops don't want that job. Give Kapernik a gun, a badge and a paycheck and drop him on 5th and Spring down there and have him clean up the black lives matter.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
[MENTION=3698]Tambora[/MENTION] [MENTION=12870]steko[/MENTION]

Do you agree with the comments of [MENTION=15326]intojoy[/MENTION] that I've posted?

Was it racist for Paul Smith to call Mike Tomlin a "no good ******"?

Edit: why does TOL auto censor the word ****** in the first place? :think:

Paul Smith, no not racist.

Intojoy, if I were racist I'd hide it. I'm not here's a pic of me pops
5493e484a5328f43a03ece564ce6ecd5.png

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
BLM
black leftover matter
Also known as Obama fallout. Trump, please clean this mess up.

Thank you,
Americans