Why do the Dems want the Iranians to have nuclear weapons?

republicanchick

If the Dems didn't want Iran to get nuclear weapons (the Bomb), they would all get behind Schumer and others who are against this "Iran deal"

yeh, it's a deal all right...

for the Iranians... What a deal it is! It's Christmas in August for them...

They are laughing @ us... calling us Sucker!

and who can blame them?

Why does our country make deals with thugs?

everything is upside down these days..

[insert Twilight Zone theme song]

+++

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
So if we don't make a deal that would allow us to monitor their nuclear progress the other option is what, exactly?

Schumar thinks they won't change, will use the lifting of sanctions to improve their lot and still pursue the bomb, even with built in inspections. He proposes more/stronger sanctions (for what again?) and then, with straight face, suggests we "...pursue the hard-trodden path of diplomacy once more, difficult as it may be."

Why? To what end? He isn't going to credit them then what's the point of diplomacy?

There is none. It's just a sound meant to sound reasonable in a statement that clearly isn't. This is greasing the tracks toward another military involvement we don't need to satisfy his constituents and the Israeli lobby.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
If the Dems didn't want Iran to get nuclear weapons (the Bomb), they would all get behind Schumer and others who are against this "Iran deal"

and who can blame them?

+++

let's get this nuclear party started - canned goods

folks here should know by now i hope, that i say crazy things sometimes; sarcasm - i say the opposite of what makes sense - i know most that know me will know the difference - hence, i absolutely do NOT think fondly of nuclear war -

Sitamun

and who can blame them?

+++

What are our other options? The status quo? Cause that's been working really well hasn't it.

whitestone

let's get this nuclear party started - canned goods

folks here should know by now i hope, that i say crazy things sometimes; sarcasm - i say the opposite of what makes sense - i know most that know me will know the difference - hence, i absolutely do NOT think fondly of nuclear war -

hey,that reminds me,back during y2k we told those who were sealing themselves off in their nbc shelters we would let them know when the all clear to come out was,,,,I admit I clean forgot to tell them,did you tell them,or are they still in there?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So if we don't make a deal that would allow us to monitor their nuclear progress the other option is what, exactly?

What do you mean? We don't monitor them. They will inspect themselves. Obama is giving them the keys to a nuclear Iran. Why do you want jihadists have a nuclear weapon? Are you confused as to their agenda?

kiwimacahau

The religious leaders of Iran have declared a fatwa against the use of nuclear weapons. Perhaps you might like to rethink?

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
Who says the Democrats wan Iran to have nuclear weapons ? Straw man . You're begging the question with a false premise .
They just have the sense to realize that attacking Iran would be insanely catastrophic, and there are better ways to handle this
extremely dicey situation , unlike the war mongering Republicans .

aikido7

BANNED
Banned

and who can blame them?

+++

What is reality telling us? I know there are many willful "low information voters" but perhaps some rudimentary science can help:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/08/31/1414958/-Straight-outta-physics

Of course with the fear of intellectualism, scientific data, college professors and anyone in authority, this will fall on deaf ears.
Just get it straight: we want to avoid a war with Iran. It was John McCain who showed his true colors by that idiot song "Bomb bomb Iran."

The war hawks have no idea what a nuclear blast in Iran would do for the world. And you actually think we have a hornets' nest NOW?

Geeze Louise! The insanity!