ECT Why did Paul use the expression 'spiritual blessings of Israel' in rom 15:27?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danoh

I disagree. Paul defines the spirit of the new testament for us, right there in 2 Cor 3.
I didn't have to read into it.

He did, but you read something else into it.

Just like you do to his words in Romans 1:11; 2:17, etc. :chuckle:

In each case, it is obvious you did not follow the flow of Paul's thought.

Acts 17:11,12.

Interplanner

On the contrary, you are being dishonest about Acts 13.
Everyone else can see it.

The 'what was promised' is not any one particular promise! It is the whole, which means it goes back to Gen 3, the first promise of the Gospel. For the same reason, 'in your Seed all the nations will be blessed' is also used in the NT to recalibrate Judaism back to the Gospel if at all possible. That is what we find in Eph 3:6 and Gal 3 about the promise. That is why we find Paul unwilling to speak of anything beyond the suffering of Christ and the glory to follow (the enthronement on high) when saying that he is expounding all that was to be fulfilled, in Acts 26. Finally, that is why the promises to David are corrected--corrected from what Judaism thought, as you may have noticed from the friction after the sermon!. Corrected to Christ's reign now. It is no coincidence that 2 chapters later, the 'raised fallen tent' of David is the Gentiles faith in the Gospel, which you and RD dishonestly refuse to accept.

Deal with one of the details mentioned here or else your claim is meaningless.

SaulToPaul 2

The 'what was promised' is not any one particular promise! It is the whole, which means it goes back to Gen 3, the first promise of the Gospel. For the same reason, 'in your Seed all the nations will be blessed' is also used in the NT to recalibrate Judaism back to the Gospel if at all possible. That is what we find in Eph 3:6 and Gal 3 about the promise. That is why we find Paul unwilling to speak of anything beyond the suffering of Christ and the glory to follow (the enthronement on high) when saying that he is expounding all that was to be fulfilled, in Acts 26. Finally, that is why the promises to David are corrected--corrected from what Judaism thought, as you may have noticed from the friction after the sermon!. Corrected to Christ's reign now. It is no coincidence that 2 chapters later, the 'raised fallen tent' of David is the Gentiles faith in the Gospel, which you and RD dishonestly refuse to accept.

Deal with one of the details mentioned here or else your claim is meaningless.

Incorrect. It is a very simple singular promise.
Reread Acts 13, and believe it.

Interplanner

Incorrect. It is a very simple singular promise.
Reread Acts 13, and believe it.

1, The sermon is about where is Israel going, its destiny, its legacy, what does it amount to!!! It is supposed to be the mission to the nations, not a kingdom on earth. That is totally clear from the whole episode and you blather "believe", meaning, believe 2P2P or D'ism.

2, 'what was promised' is not how you say one promise. Besides, wouldn't you be looking for the kingdom for Israel? isn't that the one thing missing? and that's not what completed or fulfilled what was promised! It was the resurrection. What does the passage itself say the resurrection did? It proved that a person could now be justified from their sins! there is no 2P2P concepts anywhere. I do believe it. you imposed and explode it.

3, what was the friction--with Judaism? It was about the goal, destiny, result for Israel! The apostle says it was supposed to be the mission to the nations. That made friction with them in 13:47 and the follow up of the sermon, which you HAVE NEVER TALKED ABOUT. So You just sit there with the stupidest response: believe it (ie, everything but what is in your head is made-up). You are such a vapid, mindless person after 2 years, I don't even know why you are here. Where else do you simply not answer questions all day?

Car customer: my car keeps going back to 3rd gear.
Mechanic: just believe the indicator. Put it in D and just believe. Your problem is made-up.

Right Divider

Body part
1, The sermon is about where is Israel going, its destiny, its legacy, what does it amount to!!! It is supposed to be the mission to the nations, not a kingdom on earth. That is totally clear from the whole episode and you blather "believe", meaning, believe 2P2P or D'ism.
Actually, it was to be BOTH... but you cannot handle the truth.

Interplanner

Actually, it was to be BOTH... but you cannot handle the truth.

I never see the one on earth. Where is that in the NT? "It is not to angels he is speaking about the world to come, ABOUT WHICH WE ARE SPEAKING"...the great salvation. which is why rom 4:13 means this about the heir of the world.

Oh, I see. The writer to Hebrews just forgot, like Paul and Peter. They just forgot to mention it as part of the great salvation, as part of 2 Peter 3, as part of the whole list of 2nd coming realities in Rom 2, 8, 9-11, 15, Acts 17, I cor 15, Heb 9. yeah, that really settles it. The three needed you to make it clear.

re Acts 17: I think those Greek philosophers would love to have had the whole thing proved by a reference to a kingdom of Israel. I mean, nothing on earth could pin it down like a kingdom of Israel. But instead Paul stupidly mentions that the resurrection proves that God will judge every man through the Risen Man Christ. How could be not only forget but push something so inferior?

Right Divider

Body part
I never see the one on earth.
Your blindness. What else is new?

Where is that in the NT?
Once AGAIN, your "silence is cancellation" theory is illogical and incorrect.

"It is not to angels he is speaking about the world to come, ABOUT WHICH WE ARE SPEAKING"...the great salvation. which is why rom 4:13 means this about the heir of the world.
If you actually QUOTE the scripture, I'd be glad to address it.

If you're talking about this:

Heb 2:3 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:3) How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard [him];

That is referring to the gospel of the kingdom which the LORD Jesus Christ preached to Israel while on earth as the minister of the circumcision.

Oh, I see. The writer to Hebrews just forgot, like Paul and Peter. They just forgot to mention it as part of the great salvation, as part of 2 Peter 3, as part of the whole list of 2nd coming realities in Rom 2, 8, 9-11, 15, Acts 17, I cor 15, Heb 9. yeah, that really settles it. The three needed you to make it clear.
Your complete inability to understand the mission given to Paul leads you do confuse things that are different.

Romans 9-11 is confirmation by the apostle Paul that God has NOT cast away His people, Israel. The restoration of His people in Romans 11 could NOT be more clear, unless you're a great fiction author.

Rom 11:1-5 (AKJV/PCE)
(11:1) I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, [of] the tribe of Benjamin. (11:2) God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying, (11:3) Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life. (11:4) But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to [the image of] Baal. (11:5) Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

Go learn about the REMNANT of Israel.

Rom 11:11-12 (AKJV/PCE)
(11:11) I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but [rather] through their fall salvation [is come] unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy. (11:12) Now if the fall of them [be] the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?

How much more THEIR FULLNESS!

No doubt that you've not got the slightest clue what that means, even though a child can understand it.

re Acts 17: I think those Greek philosophers would love to have had the whole thing proved by a reference to a kingdom of Israel. I mean, nothing on earth could pin it down like a kingdom of Israel. But instead Paul stupidly mentions that the resurrection proves that God will judge every man through the Risen Man Christ. How could be not only forget but push something so inferior?

I believe it ALL, unlike yourself.

Matt 25:31-33 (AKJV/PCE)
(25:31) ¶ When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: (25:32) And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth [his] sheep from the goats: (25:33) And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

When did the Son of man come with all the holy angels?
When did the Son of man separate the nations?

CLUE for the clueless: He has not yet done so.

SaulToPaul 2

2, 'what was promised' is not how you say one promise. Besides, wouldn't you be looking for the kingdom for Israel? isn't that the one thing missing? and that's not what completed or fulfilled what was promised! It was the resurrection. What does the passage itself say the resurrection did? It proved that a person could now be justified from their sins! there is no 2P2P concepts anywhere. I do believe it. you imposed and explode it.

3, what was the friction--with Judaism? It was about the goal, destiny, result for Israel! The apostle says it was supposed to be the mission to the nations. That made friction with them in 13:47 and the follow up of the sermon, which you HAVE NEVER TALKED ABOUT. So You just sit there with the stupidest response: believe it (ie, everything but what is in your head is made-up). You are such a vapid, mindless person after 2 years, I don't even know why you are here. Where else do you simply not answer questions all day?

Car customer: my car keeps going back to 3rd gear.
Mechanic: just believe the indicator. Put it in D and just believe. Your problem is made-up.

Nope. Singular promise...that the seed of David would be raised up.
It is not difficult.

SaulToPaul 2

I never see the one on earth. Where is that in the NT?

Matthew 5
5:5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

Matthew 25
25:32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
25:33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
25:34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

Interplanner

Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
Where is that in the NT?

So there is silence in the NT, got it. This very important doctrine (to you) is nowhere stated in the NT.

Heb 2:5 was quoted and you didn't say anything, except, as your addiction has it, that the great salvation was a kingdom for Israel offer. it was not.

It is a great salvation because it adds on to the 'grace of God that tasted death for everyJew' in v9. (Go check and you'll see that the original is everyJew not everyone).

The great salvation is the world to come, about which he was speaking. Once again you are as dishonest as STP about Acts 13:32.

You claim to have irrefutably clear quotations, impugn everyone around you for not quoting, and you always make the text resemble a human body after an IED has detonated.

Interplanner

Nope. Singular promise...that the seed of David would be raised up.
It is not difficult.

Why are you so dishonest? That's v23. I'm talking about the accumulated 'promise' (hope, outcome) for Israel in v32+, which includes Is 55's reference to the promises to David being realized in Christ and his mission (see that context). And the resurrection of Jesus. God's purpose for David in his generation WAS OVER WITH, v36. He is not doing that again. The appeal of the new one is the mission to the nations.

This is not complicated. It is the end-game, the wrap-up of Israel's promise.

As I have said for a year, when the NT explains itself you and your club are the worst at subterfuge and lies. You force 2P2P all over the text. RD's today was a detonation of Heb 2 on the great salvation of the world to come.

Interplanner

Why is there a logical connection between Mt 25's coming again in his kingdom and what you are saying is supposed to happen, when the kingdom he described is so different from your description? 'basileia' is not a location; it is an authority.

Or why is there a connection when you have mistaken Mt 21's nation in the vineyard parable, which is actually 'ethne'--a people?

Danoh

I disagree.
Explain to me what I've "read into it".

If I recall correctly, you assert he is talking about the ministration of righteousness by his gospel.

But he only touches on that; it is not what he is actually talking about in all that; for he is actually addressing the liberty in Christ from the bondage of the flesh that they have lost sight of; which is why those first two verses in that chapter, in contrast to its last one or two verses.

The actual issues he is dealing with there are Romans 7 and 8 issues.

They are looking at him after the flesh - this is what he is actually addressing.

It's a constant in his dealings with the Corinthians.

He is addressing their fleshly perspective.

2 Corinthians 3:1 Do we begin again to commend ourselves? or need we, as some others, epistles of commendation to you, or letters of commendation from you?

The thing is solved for, sorted out, or understood - as to what he is actually talking about - based on that passage.

In contrast, your conclusion has him going, say, from saying "close the door, its cold outside..." to "let's go swimming." :chuckle:

In your assertions, what happened to what he began to address?

Anyway, that is what I am seeing. Feel free to correct me on my sense of your view; or whatever.

Prov. 27:17.

Danoh

Why are you so dishonest? That's v23. I'm talking about the accumulated 'promise' (hope, outcome) for Israel in v32+, which includes Is 55's reference to the promises to David being realized in Christ and his mission (see that context). And the resurrection of Jesus. God's purpose for David in his generation WAS OVER WITH, v36. He is not doing that again. The appeal of the new one is the mission to the nations.

This is not complicated. It is the end-game, the wrap-up of Israel's promise.

As I have said for a year, when the NT explains itself you and your club are the worst at subterfuge and lies. You force 2P2P all over the text. RD's today was a detonation of Heb 2 on the great salvation of the world to come.

Make up your mind; first you assert he is being dishonest, and then you imply he is just not getting it - which is it? :chuckle:

Right Divider

Body part
Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
Where is that in the NT?

So there is silence in the NT, got it. This very important doctrine (to you) is nowhere stated in the NT.
I'll try to make this so simple that even a fiction author can understand.
  • God promised Israel a kingdom on the earth.
  • NOWHERE does God say that this kingdom has been cancelled.
  • God does NOT fail to accomplish what He promises.
  • THEREFORE, Israel will get their promised kingdom.
Even a 6th grader can understand this, why can't you?

Heb 2:5 was quoted and you didn't say anything, except, as your addiction has it, that the great salvation was a kingdom for Israel offer. it was not.
The book to the HEBREWS is all about the remnant of Israel and NOT about the body of Christ. It's so simple that even someone as dense as you should be able to understand it.

It is a great salvation because it adds on to the 'grace of God that tasted death for everyJew' in v9. (Go check and you'll see that the original is everyJew not everyone).
Reading INTO the scripture instead of BELIEVING the scripture. Ever your problem.

The "great salvation" spoken of in HEBREWS is NOT just about the forgiveness of sin. I know that you and most of Churchianity make the the SOLE aim of God is all things, but that's just an overly narrow view based on some sort of humanistic self-centeredness.

Luke 1:67-79 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:67) And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying, (1:68) Blessed [be] the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people, (1:69) And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David; (1:70) As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began: (1:71) That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us; (1:72) To perform the mercy [promised] to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant; (1:73) The oath which he sware to our father Abraham, (1:74) That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear, (1:75) In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life. (1:76) And thou, child, shalt be called the prophet of the Highest: for thou shalt go before the face of the Lord to prepare his ways; (1:77) To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins, (1:78) Through the tender mercy of our God; whereby the dayspring from on high hath visited us, (1:79) To give light to them that sit in darkness and [in] the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.

Part of this "great salvation" also includes being SAVED FROM OUR ENEMIES, etc. etc. When Christ returns He will do that along with forgiving their sins. Why does this HOLY SPIRIT filled man speak ONLY about HIS PEOPLE, Israel? Perhaps you think that the Holy Spirit is a dispie too.

The great salvation is the world to come, about which he was speaking. Once again you are as dishonest as STP about Acts 13:32.
Once again the "world to come" has NOT yet come and when it does it will include Christ reigning from His throne in Israel.
  • Christ's return (Zech 14, Acts 1)
  • Purging of Israel and judging of the nations (Matt 24:31-46)
  • Establishment of His kingdom and first resurrection (Rev 20:4-5)
  • 1000 year reign (Rev 20:6)
  • Satan loosed to deceive the nations (Rev 20:7-8)
  • Fire destroys those that followed Satan (Rev 20:9)
  • Satan cast into the lake of fire (Rev 20:10)
  • Second resurrection and great white throne judgment (Rev 20:11-15)
  • New heaven and new earth (Rev 21:1)
  • New Jerusalem comes down with twelve gates and the names of the twelve tribes of Israel on them (Rev 21:3, 12)
  • Gentile kings of the saved nations bring their honor and glory into the city (Rev 21:24)
  • The leaves of the tree for the healing of the nations (Rev 22:1-2)
  • No more curse, but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it (Rev 22:3)
  • Happily ever after... THE END.
You claim to have irrefutably clear quotations, impugn everyone around you for not quoting, and you always make the text resemble a human body after an IED has detonated.
More stupid false analogies. A "real writer and grammar scholar" could do much better, even a fiction author. Almost everything that you write is fiction. I guess you just can't do anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.