Why can't I have my own avatar?

wayofthespirit

Last edited:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
"Why can't I have my own avatar?" in an effort to thwart the spammers we severely limit new members capabilities. After 2 weeks and 50 posts you will get many new features including the ability to upload your own avatar. Or as fool stated, if you don't want to wait you can buy a premium membership.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If you wait two weeks, you can get a 100 by 100 pixel avatar. If you get a premium membership, then you can upload a 125 by 200 pixel avatar that is animated! Other benefits of premium membership:
Upload a 100 x 100 pixel profile picture
Posting in the shoutbox
Editing your shouts
Customized profile page.
Customized user title.
Upload a pic for your signature.
If you really like a post someone made, you can choose it as your subscriber's post of the day.
You can view the thread archive and see some pretty interesting things in there.
You can post attachments.
You can move your own threads.
You can open and close your own threads.
Message tracking.
See who left you reps.
Access to private forums.
Photo Albums
Less ads.

I think I covered most of it. The higher the premium membership you buy, the bigger some of these benefits get.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yup, Jack. See how big my avatar is. You can make an oblong like that of yourself and not have the top if your head cut off.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
How long before the Premium Membership that I've paid for gets registered?
Someone's assuming that I've got patience.:mmph:

Maybe they took your user name seriously. :think:

Galatians 5:22-23
Common English Bible (CEB)

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against things like this.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
"Why can't I have my own avatar?" in an effort to thwart the spammers we severely limit new members capabilities.
Though frequently new members arrive with a significant number of limitations TOL has nothing to do with... :nono:

After 2 weeks and 50 posts you will get many new features including the ability to upload your own avatar. Or as fool stated, if you don't want to wait you can buy a premium membership.
Worth it, both in terms of return and aid to the best site of its kind.