Who won round 5 of BRX?

• Sam Lamerson

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Bob Enyart

Votes: 33 73.3%

• Total voters

novice

Who is the stooge now?
This was Sam's chance to get back in the Battle. Instead Sam took this round off.

Because of that, Bob won easily.

RightIdea

Bob could have won this round in his sleep.

Sam pretended most of Bob's questions didn't even exist. To accuse Bob of not responding to him is .... alright, it's time for the H-bomb.

Hypocrite.

truthteller86

Battle Royale X -Openness Theology
Truthteller86's UNOFFICIAL Scorecard :box:

_______________Round:_1__ 2__ 3__ 4__ 5__ 6__ 7__ 8__ 9__ 10__ Total
Bob Enyart ____________10_10 _10_ 10_ 10______________________50
Sam Lamerson________ 9__ 9__ 9__ 9__ 9_______________________45

_

docrob57

truthteller86 said:
Battle Royale X -Openness Theology
Truthteller86's UNOFFICIAL Scorecard :box:

Bob Enyart ____________10_10 _10_ 10_ 10______________________50
Sam Lamerson________ 9__ 9__ 9__ 9__ 9_______________________45

DocRob's unofficial scorecard

_

Bob Enyart ____________10__9 __9__9_ 10______________________47
Sam Lamerson________ 9__ 10__10_10_ 10_______________________49

CRASH

TOL Subscriber
That was a serious body slam. Sam needs to get up off the mat, dig deep and start answering some questions. Just devastating. Come on Sam we are all rooting for you to get in there and deliver some good old fashion Clash! Hang in there buddy!

Note to Slams corner: Advise fighter to come out punching this time with all he's got....time is running out. Keep your dukes up!

Last edited:

death2impiety

Maximeee's Husband
I find it thoroughly amazing that ANYONE is so incredibly brainwashed by calvinism that they would vote for such an obviously lost round...

jeremiah

BANNED
Banned
I do not think either debater made any significant forward progress in this round. Therefore it was easy, for me, to award this round to Dr. Lamerson.
I have to at some point deduct points from Bob, for the length of his posts, continually pushing and exceeding the 6000 word limit.
I like it when Bob attacks Calvinism, and the Greek philosophical mindset. I liked the review of the Greek philosophers and influential Church Fathers and theologians. However since I already agree with Bob in these areas, and since the topic and focus of this debate is, God's knowledge of the future, he did nothing in this round to move me any further along to the Open view.
Since I do believe God knows the future, Bob did nothing "new", here for me, as he did in rounds 3 and 4.
I will deduct "style" points from Bob here at the mid- point and say that Dr. Sam won this round easily.
I have it three to two after five, Lamerson over Enyart.

Shalom

I think Bob has an amazing knowledge of the issue and articulates it a lot better then Lamerson. Lamerson just keeps harping on how Bob doesnt really answer his questions in all the rounds but I think Bob did a great job answering them in great detail and explanation.

SOTK

In lots of ways, I think Bob is a better debater than Dr. Lamerson, however, I have had an easier time following Dr. Lamerson's points. Bob writes too much and I find it easier to get lost in his arguments. Also, I think Dr. Lamerson has stayed on topic more. That's my two cents!

Shalom

True - Sometimes I have to really focus to read and absorb exactly what he says but thats just because of the intelligence behind his writings. Sometimes reading the Plot I have to go into another room where my kids are not, so I can really get the main point of what I am reading. But I am also not very good at absorbing things visually. If I listen to Bobs show I retain much more info. I also agree that Bob is better at debating.

SOTK

death2impiety said:
I find it thoroughly amazing that ANYONE is so incredibly brainwashed by calvinism that they would vote for such an obviously lost round...

The same could be said about OVers. We're talking about perspective here. Whether people will admit to it or not (hell, I'll admit to it), I am biased in my perspective as are you. I have already admitted that I find Bob to be a better debater, and I also feels he lays out a more detailed argument, however, personally, what Dr. Lamerson has layed out makes more sense to me than what Bob has layed out. I don't give a rip whether somebody lays out a more detailed analysis of a topic than somebody else. I will always go with what makes more sense to me and what I feel is in tune with God's Word. I guess you can call that brainwashed if you want. I call it peace of mind. :)

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
jeremiah said:
I do not think either debater made any significant forward progress in this round. Therefore it was easy, for me, to award this round to Dr. Lamerson.
I have to at some point deduct points from Bob, for the length of his posts, continually pushing and exceeding the 6000 word limit.
I like it when Bob attacks Calvinism, and the Greek philosophical mindset. I liked the review of the Greek philosophers and influential Church Fathers and theologians. However since I already agree with Bob in these areas, and since the topic and focus of this debate is, God's knowledge of the future, he did nothing in this round to move me any further along to the Open view.
Since I do believe God knows the future, Bob did nothing "new", here for me, as he did in rounds 3 and 4.
I will deduct "style" points from Bob here at the mid- point and say that Dr. Sam won this round easily.
I have it three to two after five, Lamerson over Enyart.
I do like brevity