Who won round #2 of Battle Royale X

• Samuel Lamerson

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • Bob Enyart

Votes: 24 66.7%

• Total voters

theo_victis

Dang it!!!!! I am not an open theist! WHY must i vote for Bob! Argggh

While Sam didnt have much to rebuttal against from Bob's first post (since Bob's first post was not truly in conjunction with Sam's first post) i still give Bob the upper hand since he is stringing his arguments very well.

I was impressed with his argument against Judas' predestination to be the betrayer. I didnt think he could or anyone for that matter, could come through on that. I did, however, like how Sam started to make his post more clear, and organized! I am highly impressed by both parties, but the vote goes to Bob. I am confident Sam will lay the smack down in the rounds to come other wise .... gulp... i will be back to my open view ways.

Great Job Sam and Bob!

GuySmiley

I really do like Dr Lamerson. But I think that Calvin himself would vote for Bob on this round.

RightIdea

My goodness. Bob, hands down. (And he hasn't even gone deeply into unfulfilled prophecy, yet. One of my favorite aspects of Open Creationism!)

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
RightIdea said:
Ah, but was it corporately or individually predestined...? :think:
I guess we'll have to wait and see how other CVers vote to figure that out. ;)

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I admire Dr. Lamerson's courage. This cannot be easy for him. He's up against a guy who not only is the world's best debator but who also has a sort of home field advantage as well. I bet it has to be discouarging to Dr. Lamerson to see threads like this one.

Take heart Dr.!
Believe it or not, we all want to see you do really well in this debate. I promise to pray for you that God will give you clarity of thought and the best possible ability to articulate the truth as you see it. God bless you and keep you!

Resting in Him,
Clete

Last edited:

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Bob's post resonates with truth as I understand it, so I do have a bias. Objectively, I think his content was solid and persuasive.

novice

Who is the stooge now?
I give Sam credit for a much stronger round #2 than round #1.

That being said Bob's round #2 what the best post of the debate so he still gets my vote.

Prisca

Pain Killer
Super Moderator
I liked Dr. Lamerson's lively voice in his second post. It really got things going! But, of course, Bob really took the round with his response. It's hard to imagine a theological debate being "fun," but these two have managed to do it. Thanks!

Agape4Robin

I have to admire Dr. Lamerson for his willingness to debate Pastor Enyart on this forum. Dr. Lamerson gets my vote though. His arguements are well grounded in sound hermaneutical interpretation and is not based in probablies or could haves or might haves. Pastor Enyart's discussion about Judas talking with Jesus in the garden alone and recieving forgiveness was waaaayyyy out there and was assumptive at best.

Round 2........Dr. Lamerson :first: :BRAVO:

MST3K

Agape4Robin said:
I have to admire Dr. Lamerson for his willingness to debate Pastor Enyart on this forum. Dr. Lamerson gets my vote though. His arguements are well grounded in sound hermaneutical interpretation and is not based in probablies or could haves or might haves. Pastor Enyart's discussion about Judas talking with Jesus in the garden alone and recieving forgiveness was waaaayyyy out there and was assumptive at best.

Round 2........Dr. Lamerson :first: :BRAVO:

Right, Jesus desiring to forgive someone is just plain crazy!

Enyart gets my vote.