WHO IS GOD'S ISRAEL IN THE NEW COVENANT ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES?

3rdAngel

Just read what you WROTE.

YOU said:

Ishmael is one of those "from the seed of Abraham".

If you NOW think otherwise, go fix your original post.

Israel was the name of a MAN.
Israel also refers to ALL of that man's descendants (i.e., the children of Israel).

That is how the Bible defines Israel.

No need. You were already shown that ISAAC is the true seed of Abrham to which God's promise was made as shown in GENESIS 17:19 not Ishmael your confusion here was already addressed from the beggining in post # 17 linked and post # 19 linked. Your just repeating yourself. God's ISRAEL is defined in the new covenant scriptures as all those who believe and follow God's Word. In the new covenant God's ISRAEL are no longer those of the flesh but those of the Spirit according to the promise as shown in ROMANS 9:6-8

3rdAngel

Why is it important to understand who God's ISRAEL is in the new covenant? It is important because all God's Word is given to those who believe and follow him.

3rdAngel

ROMANS 9:6-8
[6], Not as though the word of God has taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
[7], Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall your seed be called.
[8], That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Right Divider

Body part
ROMANS 9:6-8
[6], Not as though the word of God has taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
[7], Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall your seed be called.
[8], That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

This is NOT making gentiles "Israel". Paul is EXCLUDING unbelieving Israel from "true Israel".

Read the whole thing without your blinders on.

Rom 9:1-5 KJV I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost, (2) That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart. (3) For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh: (4) Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises; (5) Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.

The body of Christ is a NEW creature .... the one NEW man. It is NOT "God's Israel".

We are to know Christ differently.

2Co 5:16-17 KJV Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more. (17) Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

3rdAngel

This is NOT making gentiles "Israel". Paul is EXCLUDING unbelieving Israel from "true Israel".

Read the whole thing without your blinders on.

The body of Christ is a NEW creature .... the one NEW man. It is NOT "God's Israel".

We are to know Christ differently.

Your confused dear RT and not rightly dividing the Word of truth. The above post are your words. Then we have God's Word below that disagrees with you...

EPHESIANS 2:11-14 [11], Why remember, that you being in TIME PAST Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; [12], That AT THAT TIME [in the Past] YOU WERE WITHOUT CHRIST, BEING ALIENS FROM THE COMMONWEALTH OF ISRAEL, STRANGERS FROM THE COVENANT OF PROMISE, HAVING NO HOPE, AND WITHOUT GOD IN THE WORLD: [13], BUT NOW IN CHRIST JESUS, YOU WHO WERE FAR OFF ARE MADE NEAR BY THE BLOOD OF CHRIST.

There is no such thing as Jew or Greek anymore. All who believe and follow God's Word are one in Christ. Israel in the OLD COVENANT were those from the seed of Abraham. In the NEW COVENANT, if you are in Christ then you are Abrahams seed and heirs according to the promise...

GALATIANS 3:28-29 [28], THERE IS NEITHER JEW NOR GREEK, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: FOR YOU ALL ONE IN CHRIST JESUS AND IF YOU BE CHRISTS, THEN YOU ARE ABRAHAM'S SEED FOR YOU ARE ALL ONE IN CHRIST JESUS [29], and IF YOU BE CHRISTS, THEN ARE YOU ABRAHAM'S SEED, AND HEIRS ACCORDING TO THE PROMISE.

God's true ISRAEL in the NEW COVENANT are not by name only but all those in Christ. Those of the FLESH (sinful human nature) are not Abrahams seed but those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God in Christ are God's ISRAEL...

ROMANS 9:6-8 [6], FOR THEY ARE NOT ALL ISRAEL WHICH ARE OF ISRAEL,: [7], NEITHER, BECAUSE THEY ARE THE SEED OF ABRAHAM, ARE THEY ALL CHILDREN: but in Isaac shall thy seed be called <Christ> [8], That is, THEY WHICH ARE THE CHILDREN OF THE FLESH, THESE ARE NOT THE CHILDREN OF GOD: BUT THE CHILDREN OF THE PROMISE <those who believe> ARE COUNTED FOR THE SEED.

God's ISRAEL are all those in CHRIST that have been given a NEW HEART according to the NEW COVENANT promise and believe and follow Gods Word. Not those who are born in the FLESH..

ROMANS 2:28-29 [28], FOR HE IS NOT A JEW WHICH IS ONE OUTWARDLY; NEITHER IS THAT CIRCUMCISION, WHICH IS OUTWARDS IN THE FLESH: [29], BUT HE IS A JEW WHICH IS ONE INWARDLY; and CIRCUMCISION IS OF THE HEART, IN THE SPIRIT, AND NOT IN THE LETTER; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

In the NEW COVENANT all those in Christ are are God's ISRAEL...

COLOSSIANS 3:11 [11], WHERE THERE IS NEITHER JEW NOR GREEK circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: BUT CHRIST IS ALL IN ALL.

ROMANS 10:11-13 [11], For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. [12], FOR THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN JEW OR GREEK: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. [13], FOR WHOSOEVER SHALL CALL UPON THE NAME OF THE LORD SHALL BE SAVED.

The New Covenant is for God's Israel...

EZEKIEL 36:26-27 [26], A NEW HEART WILL I GIVE YOU, AND A NEW SPIRIT WILL I PUT WITHIN YOU; AND I WILL TAKE AWAY THE STONY HEART OUT OF YOUR FLESH, AND GIVE YOU A HEART OF FLESH. [27], AND I WILL PUT MY SPIRIT WITHIN YOU, AND CAUSE YOU TO WALK IN MY STATUTES AND YOU SHALL KEEP MY JUDGEMENTS AND DO THEM.

and again...

JEREMIAH 31:33-34 [33], BUT THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL; After those days, says the LORD, I WILL PUT MY LAW IN THEIR INWARD PARTS,AND WRITE IT IN THEIR HEARTS; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. [34], And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, says the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Paul proclaims it here...

HEBREWS 8:10-12 [10], BUT THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL; After those days, says the LORD, I WILL PUT MY LAW IN THEIR INWARD PARTS, AND WRITE IT IN THEIR HEARTS; and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: [11], And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. [12], For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

The NEW COVENANT is for GOD'S ISRAEL which represent those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God’s WORD.

If you are not part of GOD'S ISRAEL then you are not a part of the NEW COVENANT (Hebrews 8:10-12).

God's ISRAEL is the name given by God to all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD. GENTILES are now grafted in. If you are not a part of the God's ISRAEL then you have no part in the NEW COVENANT. GOD'S ISRAEL ARE ALL THOSE WHO BELIEVE AND FOLLOW GOD'S WORD (The Church)

Gentile beleivers are now grafted in with the believing Jews (ROMANS 11:13-27) as we are all one now in Christ. There is no more Jew and Gentile believers *EPHESIANS 2:11-14; GALATIANS 3:28-29. Go read the detailed scriptures provided in the OP.
Your simply denying the scriptures which show your in error. Ignoriong God's Word does not make it disappear. :wave:

God's Truth

Typical Replacement Theology heresy.

God says no more of human descent. That means it no longer matters if one is blood related to Abraham or not; and, it doesn't matter about earthly country.

See John 1:13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.

Right Divider

Body part
Your confused dear RT and not rightly dividing the Word of truth. The above post are your words. Then we have God's Word below that disagrees with you...

EPHESIANS 2:11-14 [11], Why remember, that you being in TIME PAST Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; [12], That AT THAT TIME [in the Past] YOU WERE WITHOUT CHRIST, BEING ALIENS FROM THE COMMONWEALTH OF ISRAEL, STRANGERS FROM THE COVENANT OF PROMISE, HAVING NO HOPE, AND WITHOUT GOD IN THE WORLD: [13], BUT NOW IN CHRIST JESUS, YOU WHO WERE FAR OFF ARE MADE NEAR BY THE BLOOD OF CHRIST.
"Made nigh" does NOT means those in the body of Christ are "Israel".

Notice carefully that we are "made nigh" by the blood of Christ and NOT a "covenant".

P.S. I already know that you will claim that "it's the blood of the covenant"... no, it's not... the body of Christ has no covenant and needs no covenant.

God's Truth

"Made nigh" does NOT means those in the body of Christ are "Israel".

Notice carefully that we are "made nigh" by the blood of Christ and NOT a "covenant".

P.S. I already know that you will claim that "it's the blood of the covenant"... no, it's not... the body of Christ has no covenant and needs no covenant.

The blood and body is the blood and body of the covenant.

Paul even quotes Jesus at the last supper. Paul says he is a minister of that covenant.

The Corinthians were even engaging in the last supper for remembrance of the covenant.

2 Corinthians 3:6 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant--not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

1 Corinthians 11:25 In the same way, after supper He took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood; do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me."

Right Divider

Body part
The blood and body is the blood and body of the covenant.
Not for the church which is His body.

Paul even quotes Jesus at the last supper. Paul says he is a minister of that covenant.

The Corinthians were even engaging in the last supper for remembrance of the covenant.

2 Corinthians 3:6 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant--not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

1 Corinthians 11:25 In the same way, after supper He took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood; do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me."
You love to abuse that scripture.

Paul quotes Jesus and YET does NOT say that the body of Christ is under any covenant.

In 2 Corinthians 3:6, Paul is NOT talking about the new covenant per Jeremiah 31:31

Jer 31:31-33 KJV Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: (32) Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: (33) But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

3rdAngel

How do you figure?

Good luck trying to get your question answered. It is funny though Hebrews 8 and JEREMIAH 31 is irrelavant if you do not know who God's ISRAEL is in the new covenant. As God's ISRAEL is simply all those who believe and follow God's Word.

God's Truth

Good luck trying to get your question answered. It is funny though Hebrews 8 and JEREMIAH 31 is irrelavant if you do not know who God's ISRAEL is in the new covenant. As God's ISRAEL is simply all those who believe and follow God's Word.

It seems he shuts down at a certain point. What do you mean by saying Hebrews and Jeremiah are irrelevant?