Who died on the cross? - a Hall of Fame thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PKevman

godrulz said:
Is God omniscient (knows all that is knowable)?

If you define omniscient as knows all that is knowable I would agree with that definition with the added understanding that He knows all that is knowable that He chooses to know. The problem is that the vast majority of people who think of omniscience, and the vast majority of theologians who teach or discuss omniscience DO NOT define it in that way. Do you realize this?

PKevman

Lets turn it around on Knight, PK, and Mystery:

Is it possible to hide from God? I'm not as thoroughly vested in Omipresence as
I am in Omni-awareness...

No it is not possible to hide from God. If He wants to know where you are and what you are doing He can know that information instantly and fully!

PKevman

Except for the verses that support it in Psalms, Jeremiah, Matthew, and Ephesians at
minimum...

There is not a single verse in the Bible that when rightly understood teaches that God is present in all locations at all time with absolutely no choice in the matter. You can try and try to prove this but you will strike out just as all of the others have done who have attempted to do so!
If you want you can trot them out and we can go through them. But I think we would be completely derailing this thread even further than it already is.

beloved57

pk says

I would agree with that definition with the added understanding that He knows all that is knowable that He chooses to know.

a stupid comment..How can a Being who is All knowing not ever know something ? If he chooses not to know..Like choosing not to be God..please what church do you pastor ? lol...Lord Please come and end this madness..

PKevman

And what of the very CLEAR verses that EXPOSE Omnipresence and Omniscience as unBiblical? They have been utterly ignored, except to say they don't really mean what they say, that the language God used is not meant to be taken literally.

IF God saying of Sodom: "I will go down NOW and SEE" is figurative, then what would that figurative language possibly mean?

PKevman

pk says

a stupid comment..How can a Being who is All knowing not ever know something ? If he chooses not to know..Like choosing not to be God..please what church do you pastor ? lol...Lord Please come and end this madness..

Naturally since your points have been exposed and defeated you will degenerate further into rudeness, although a careful observer would note I have not behaved rudely to you in the least. Be that as it may, how about responding with some substance to the Scriptural arguments that we have provided? What do you have? Nothing! You say:

How can a Being who is All knowing not ever know something ? If he chooses not to know

Thanks for answering your own question! :thumb:

Ecumenicist

No it is not possible to hide from God. If He wants to know where you are and what you are doing He can know that information instantly and fully!

In that moment when he decides that he wants to know where you are, what happens, does
he do a snapshot of all reality to locate you?

Ecumenicist

Just like He chooses to remember our sins no more.

God can do that. He is God, you know?

Same question: In that moment when he decides that he wants to know where you are, what happens, does

Mystery

Same question: In that moment when he decides that he wants to know where you are, what happens, does
If I were you, I wouldn't worry about it. I doubt that God is ever going to come looking for you.

RobE

Or nothing is hidden from Him because He can see anything and everything that He chooses to see at any given moment in time. He is not limited in any way.

This does not require Him to be present everywhere simultaneously.
The whole heart of this debate is always missed by Calvinists and others who cling to these unBiblical ideas. The discussion isn't what God CAN or CAN'T do, but what DOES God do? If we examine the Scriptures we see the truth.

Again, there are tons of contradictions that you cannot deal with if you cling to omnipresences. There are no contradictions if you remove your theological predispositions and study God's Word anew!

Please allow me introduce you to God as He really is: God is wherever He wants to be, whenever He wants to be there. God is not some metaphysical force that has no choice where He goes and what He does. He is living, and He is real. If there is somewhere that He chooses not to be, then He doesn’t have to be there!

When I pray, how do I know God hears me?

Status
Not open for further replies.