ECT Who died for the Church

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Acts 20:27-29 King James Version (KJV)

27 For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.

28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.

I said
context, context, context.

Acts 20:16
16 For Paul had decided to sail past Ephesus, so that he would not have to spend time in Asia; for he was hurrying to be at Jerusalem, if possible, on the Day of Pentecost.
(NKJ)

Acts 20:27-30
27 "For I have not shunned to declare to you the whole counsel of God.
28 "Therefore take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood.
29 "For I know this, that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock.
30 "Also from among yourselves men will rise up, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after themselves.
(NKJ)

keypurr

Jesus Christ---who is also referred to as "God" in the biblical text you quoted.

How is Jesus referred to as God in this verse.

Act 20:27 For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.
Act 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
Act 20:29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Act 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
Act 20:29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.

you highlighted only a comma ? here's some help - you'd be better off finding a new focus in life, other than disputing Christ Jesus IS One with God. Jesus Christ's Blood IS The Father's Blood ! ! !

View attachment 19609

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
He isn't, you know better than that.

Acts 20:21-29
21 "testifying to Jews, and also to Greeks, repentance toward God and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.
22 "And see, now I go bound in the spirit to Jerusalem, not knowing the things that will happen to me there,
23 "except that the Holy Spirit testifies in every city, saying that chains and tribulations await me.
24 "But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God.
25 "And indeed, now I know that you all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, will see my face no more.
26 "Therefore I testify to you this day that I am innocent of the blood of all men.
28 "Therefore take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood.
29 "For I know this, that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
No.

The Father had no blood.

Only humans have blood.

LA

I said
Your right. It takes flesh to have blood.

Luke 24:39-40
39 "Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have."
40 When He had said this, He showed them His hands and His feet.
(NKJ)

rougueone

it appears your Scripture answers the question..." the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood."
Yes ?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Act 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves and to all the flock over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit which is in you, which ye have of God and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price, therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's. (1 Corinthians 6:19-21 KJV)​

keypurr

I said
He isn't, you know better than that.

Acts 20:21-29
21 "testifying to Jews, and also to Greeks, repentance toward God and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.
22 "And see, now I go bound in the spirit to Jerusalem, not knowing the things that will happen to me there,
23 "except that the Holy Spirit testifies in every city, saying that chains and tribulations await me.
24 "But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God.
25 "And indeed, now I know that you all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, will see my face no more.
26 "Therefore I testify to you this day that I am innocent of the blood of all men.
(NKJ)

Yep, that is what I have trying to tell them.

oatmeal

you highlighted only a comma ? here's some help - you'd be better off finding a new focus in life, other than disputing Christ Jesus IS One with God. Jesus Christ's Blood IS The Father's Blood ! ! !

View attachment 19609

Interesting!

You are your father's flesh and blood.

My blood is likewise my father's blood.

I am my father's and mother's flesh and blood.

Most certainly John 3:16 tells us who gave to do the purchasing.

God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son.

The son of God is God's own flesh and blood,

that which Jesus Christ did in oneness of purpose with his God and Father purchased us.

God is spirit. John 4:24 Jesus Christ was flesh and blood when he spoke those words. He is not God.

God is spirit, he literally has no blood.

However, Jesus Christ, a human, the son of God could shed blood and he did.

What the sacrificing of animals could do only temporarily, the shedding of the blood of the lamb of God, ( God or lamb OF God) could do permanently.

Oh, by the way, some texts read "church of the lord" thus referring to Jesus Christ who literally had blood to shed, whereas God, being spirit, literally has no blood to shed

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Correct. Hence, Jesus Christ's---"God's"---blood.

I said
Why do you all tell people that. God left Jesus alone to die on the cross. Even Jesus knew that. The only blood that was spilled belonged to Jesus.

Mark 15:34
34 And at the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?" which is translated, "My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?"
(NKJ)