Which religion should I choose?

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Originally posted by granite1010

Which grave? There are three that I'm aware of that various groups claim is the "real" burial site of Jesus.

All 3 fill the record given in Scripture?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Nineveh

All 3 fill the record given in Scripture?

The "record" is vague and sketchy at best. Just the same, there are three graves claimed by different groups to be the authentic resting place of Christ.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I was thinking of distinguishing characteristics or a specific location that would help one find it...

Nineveh

Merely Christian

I was thinking of distinguishing characteristics or a specific location that would help one find it...

things like: "in a garden nigh to the place where he was crucified, outside the city walls. ... that a stone was rolled against the tomb"

Do all three have these same characteristics?

Do they all show evidence of being "new" or at least "underconstruction". Are they all in a garden near the crucifixion site? Do they all have evidence of where a stone might be "rolled" infront of the opening?

Granite

Hall of Fame

things like: "in a garden nigh to the place where he was crucified, outside the city walls. ... that a stone was rolled against the tomb"

Do all three have these same characteristics?

Do they all show evidence of being "new" or at least "underconstruction". Are they all in a garden near the crucifixion site? Do they all have evidence of where a stone might be "rolled" infront of the opening?

How, exactly, is a 2000 year old tomb going to be look new?:rolleyes:

God_Is_Truth

Originally posted by Janus

"we all need grace , and that is through faith in the cross"

How can you have faith in the cross? Where do you get your information from if the evolution of the bible is 'dubious at best'?

try those greek manuscripts i mentioned before.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Originally posted by Jackielabby

And one of his graves is supposedly in Glastonbury Abbey, England.:confused:

You mean you would't be able to mark that one off the list when compared to the Biblical account?

Granite

Hall of Fame

How much effort have you actually put into this investigation?

Nin, you're a pro at asking questions and never answering them, so this response is typical. Believe it or not we apostates actually know a thing or two.

the Sibbie

Nin, you're a pro at asking questions and never answering them, so this response is typical. Believe it or not we apostates actually know a thing or two.
Well then please share. I'd like to hear about the three that you know of that are claimed to be the "real" tomb.

Nineveh

Merely Christian

Well, I've seen the evidence. That's why I asked you how much effort you have actually put forth. Mind answering the question now?

I read your "coming out" thread. It appeared to me the only thing you left was a church buliding. Are you sure "apostate" fits you?

Granite

Hall of Fame

Well, I've seen the evidence. That's why I asked you how much effort you have actually put forth. Mind answering the question now?

I read your "coming out" thread. It appeared to me the only thing you left was a church buliding. Are you sure "apostate" fits you?

Yep, I'm pretty sure. And I've read enough to know that no one agrees if the "tombs" claimed to be Jesus' actually are. And there happens to be more than one claimant, as well.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Like I asked before...

Do they all have the same characteristics? Surely they do not all have the Bible account backing them up.

Please be sure not to over look Sibbie's post:

" Well then please share. I'd like to hear about the three that you know of that are claimed to be the "real" tomb."

Granite

Hall of Fame
If all you're looking for is a tomb outside Jerusalem, plenty fit the bill. These are referred to as the tomb of Jesus more out of church tradition than anything else.

Nineveh

Merely Christian

If all you're looking for is a tomb outside Jerusalem, plenty fit the bill.

But that's not all the Bible says is it? Or did you not read the link?

These are referred to as the tomb of Jesus more out of church tradition than anything else.

Then we don't have to "count them in" if they don't muster up, do we?

Do you have any links for Sibbie?

Granite

Hall of Fame
NONE of them past muster. That's the point.

Anyway I think we've both hijacked this thread long enough...

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Sibbie, looks like you've got him on the run. (I'm sure you expected nothing less.)

Nineveh

Merely Christian

NONE of them past muster. That's the point.

That is only true if you want to be dishonest.

Not really. This is a thread about "choosing a religion". The garden tomb is an evidence for Christ.

Don't have a link for Sibbie?