ECT Which Gospel?

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
So how far back does this conspiracy go?

What do you do with the many passages in the OT like these?

Deuteronomy 32:

43. Rejoice, O ye nations, with his people: for he will avenge the blood of his servants, and will render vengeance to his adversaries, and will be merciful unto his land, and to his people.

Psalm 117:

1. O praise the LORD, all ye nations: praise him, all ye people.

Isaiah 60:

1. Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee.
2. For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee.
3. And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.

Zechariah 8:

22. Yea, many people and strong nations shall come to seek the LORD of hosts in Jerusalem, and to pray before the LORD.
23. Thus saith the LORD of hosts; In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, We will go with you: for we have heard that God is with you.
Also, the Jews had always looked forward to a prophet or a military king that would lead them from misery to exaltation. So it was no accident that the gospel writers would re-cast Jesus in this ancient mold.

Danoh

Interplanner. take this how you will - and you know you will do exactly that, and that is fine - but I see no point in continuing back and forth between us.

People have been going back and forth about these issues for centuries.

There is no reconciling these issues, given that each our initial approach itself differs.

We even differ on what we each attribute that initial approach to, is, originates from, and so on, ad infnitum.

It is what it is.

Some in life, for example, take issue with a military action, some do not, some prefer one branch of the military, some, another, and so it goes with the fact that is individual perspective, regardless of what we each attribute them to.

Thank you for the input, and the best to you in your endeavors, brother.

Yours in him,

Romans 5:8

Danoh

Also, the Jews had always looked forward to a prophet or a military king that would lead them from misery to exaltation. So it was no accident that the gospel writers would re-cast Jesus in this ancient mold.

I've read the history and know of what you speak. Nevertheless, it does not negate the OT passages I shared in response to your assertion.

Take what I have just posted to Interplanner to apply to you as well.

The best to you in your search, or where ever it is you are in that.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Take this how you will - and you know you will do exactly that, and that is fine - but I see no point in continuing back and forth between us.

People have been going back and forth about these issues for centuries.

There is no reconciling these issues, given that each our initial approach itself differs.

We even differ on what we each attribute that initial approach to, is, originates from, and so on, ad infnitum.

It is what it is.

Some in life, for example, take issue with a military action, some do not, some prefer one branch of the military, some, another, and so it goes with the fact that is individual perspective, regardless of what we each attribute them to.

Thank you for the input, and the best to you in your endeavors, brother.

Yours in him,

ha, nice try book 'em - but you can't get away from GT that easy. i assume that's who this post was for ? either way, you know what i mean. funny - :dog:

oh, sorry it's interplanner, NOT GT. my apologies to GT - i don't the planner

Danoh

ha, nice try book 'em - but you can't get away from GT that easy. i assume that's who this post was for ? either way, you know what i mean. funny - :dog:

It was to Interplanner, and I have just added that fact to that post.

But it will apply to several others on here, including GT, as I see no point in this endless back and forth, given that not only does each person's initial approach differ, but even what they attribute that approach is differs.

You just watch people conclude what they will, and by that; prove my very point. So, why bother? Everyone is where they are. It is what it is - the best to them between them and God, if that is what really matters to them.

In this, its time I invest my time more in exploring issues with those I signed up on this forum to explore issues with - those of like precious faith. And even that has to be limited to those of actually like precious faith as to the following...

2 Corinthians 1's:

24. Not for that we have dominion over your faith, but are helpers of your joy: for by faith ye stand.

Interplanner

I never heard of mid Acts madness until this month. I always think it is worth it to provide counter arguments. But it happened to me during college. I learned that dispensationalism was pretty amateur and wobbling on a few key verses, and against people knowing history.

Interplanner

The best result I have had in these forums is a person who realized how objective the Gospel is from Acts 13. Before exchanging with them, the person thought the Gospel event was pretty much a strange event off by itself. it had nothing to do with Israel and modern israel had nothing to do with it. By the time we were done they not only had a real Gospel fire in their soul but most of Acts made sense the way that Acts 13 makes sense, which is how it should be.

But all that was 3 years ago, before being dismissed by one forum for being historical (thankfully the progress was made before that) and by another forum for what I said about same sex marriage.

SaulToPaul 2

I never heard of mid Acts madness until this month. I always think it is worth it to provide counter arguments. But it happened to me during college. I learned that dispensationalism was pretty amateur and wobbling on a few key verses, and against people knowing history.

Do you agree with what's his name who said "to go deep into history is to become Catholic"?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I learned that dispensationalism was pretty amateur

Thankfully, the internet has been exposing Dispensationalism for what it is.

Dispensationalism is nothing more than a recent fad that is getting exposed for what it is.

41JbOZeun6L._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Interplanner

Do you agree with what's his name who said "to go deep into history is to become Catholic"?

No, mostly I'm talking about early church/1st century history, but it is a way of reading Acts. Not looking for theology clues between the lines about "systems." It also helps to know what happened with the 2nd largest volume of material about the times, Josephus. The Dead Sea Scrolls have also illuminated about what separatist and desert cults were like and what they were doing. After all that work is done, then the theology will be clear.

Don't get too far into other material without knowing what godly men say in summary about it. Pastor P. Holford summarized the Jewish War material in 1805 and was full of perspective that is much needed. At another site, his material is posted.

Danoh

Thankfully, the internet has been exposing Dispensationalism for what it is.

Dispensationalism is nothing more than a recent fad that is getting exposed for what it is.

41JbOZeun6L._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Ooo - another book with which to 2 replace the truth of Timothy 3:16-17.

This, while asserting others got their view from a Darby book.

Yeah, ok.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It also helps to know what happened with the 2nd largest volume of material about the times, Josephus.

Dispensationalists (Darby followers) hate Josephus.

That's because Darby's false teachings are proven wrong when actual human history is learned.

Part of being a Darby follower is ignoring history books.

For example, Darby taught that Daniel chp 11 is the yet future. Anyone who knows history can easily see that Daniel chp 11 was fulfilled before Christ Jesus was born.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Ooo - another book with which to 2 replace the truth of Timothy 3:16-17.

No, another book by someone who saw that Darby's teachings are false.

But that won't stop you from parroting Darby, and defending Darby's false teachings.

Shasta

The definition of this supposed "Jewish Gospel" has not even been stated much less proved. Therefore determining the precise demarcation of Israel's apostasy is a peripheral issue and an exercise in futile speculation.

Danoh

That's because Darby's false teachings are proven wrong when actual human history is learned.

For example, Darby taught that Daniel chp 11 is the yet future. Anyone who knows history can easily see that Daniel chp 11 was fulfilled before Christ Jesus was born.

Ever read The Jesus Papers...

Great book on the history, the culture, and all the rest.

Clueless as Josephus about the ways of the Lord, but a great book. Read the darn thing twice, I enjoyed it so much.

Am presently reading a book on the history of the FBI's now famous Behavioral Profilers.

Not surprisingly, I'm enjoying the heck out of it as well, as the whole thing is about tracing serial crime scenes back to their origin via my own favorite method of inquiry into a thing back to its orgin: recurrent patterns.

I know, I know, moron, I got this fascination with Induction - Premise - Deduction - Conclusion - Assertion...from Darby.

You really are an idiot, through and through.

john w

Hall of Fame
No, another book by someone who saw that Darby's teachings are false.

But that won't stop you from parroting Darby, and defending Darby's false teachings.

The weasel mutters his Darby spam. Even your family laughs at your mutterings, clown. You mimic, word for word, Russell, Hanegraaf, and plagiarize from them, and praise a Christ rejector, like yourself, Josephus, who is your authority, not the bible, on orders from your father, the devil,whom you follow. You defend satan's lies-he taught you well, weasel, perverter.

Interplanner

If you are interested in reason and deduction, you should be more interested in Holford than Darby. Holford gave his presentations in England in 1805 to refute the assertion of Thomas Payne that Christ was nonsense. Holford did it through the solid prediction of Christ about the DofJ.

john w

Hall of Fame

Preterists hate Darby, because he refutes their satanical "doctrine" that the Lord Jesus Christ is not a man today, not a mediator, and lost his glorified body, and he refutes their "everyone is saved" "invention," and that "the second coming was the Roman army."

They worship Christ rejectors Wikipedia, and Josephus, and follow these "teachings of men."

See how that works, you wicked, satanic weasel, Craigie?

SaulToPaul 2

Preterists hate Darby, because he refutes their satanical "doctrine" that the Lord Jesus Christ is not a man today, not a mediator, and lost his glorified body, and he refutes their "everyone is saved" "invention," and that "the second coming was the Roman army."

Wonder what happened to it after he got out of their sight in Acts 1?