Where will you spend eternity?

SavedByTheLord

Where will you spend eternity? This is the most important question that you will ever consider. What will happen when you die? Would you go to heaven? Are you saved? If you have never believed that you are saved forever through faith alone in the crucified and risen Lord Jesus Christ or have trusted in something else, you are not saved.

1. To understand this good news (the gospel) you must understand the bad news:

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God (Rom 3:23)

Sin is breaking God’s law. If you have ever lied, slandered anyone, borne false witness against anyone, stolen anything, cheated someone, hated anyone, disobeyed your parents, believed or supported the lie of evolution, had an abortion, supported abortion, coveted someone’s spouse, are married and lusted after someone not your spouse, committed adultery, fornication or murder, you have sinned. Every thought, word, and deed that breaks God’s law is sin.

God is holy and will punish sin by everlasting separation from God in the lake of fire.
For the wages of sin is death (Rom 6:23)
it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgement (Heb 9:27)
from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female (Mark 10:6)
… unbelieving … idolaters ... all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire (Rev 21:8)

Until all your sins are forgiven by trusting in the Lord Jesus Christ as your Saviour, you are under God’s damnation.

2. The good news (the gospel) is that Jesus Christ loved us so much that He was crucified to pay for all our sins by His shed blood on the cross. He then rose from the dead. Here is t the gospel of Christ declared
I declare unto you the gospel … By which also ye are saved … how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures and that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures (1 Cor 15:1-4)

Christ is our substitute who bore our sins. The shed blood of Jesus Christ is the atonement for our sins.
For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin (2 Cor 5:21)
without shedding of blood is no remission (Heb 9:22)
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us (Rom 5:8)
In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins (Eph 1:7)
Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood (Rom 3:25)
Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood (Rev 1:5)
the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin (1 John 1:17)

You must believe that Jesus Christ is God Almighty, the Creator of all things, the Son of God. Referring to Jesus Christ, the word of God says:
Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God (John 20:28)
God was manifest in the flesh (1 Tim 3:16)
by him were all things created (Col 1:16)
the Almighty (Rev 1:8)
Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God (John 20:31)
Jesus is the Lord (1 Cor 12:3)
the Saviour (Phil 3:20)
Jesus said, if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins. (John 8:24)

You must believe that you have sinned and can never be good enough or do anything to earn salvation.
There is none righteous, no, not one (Rom 3:10)
there is none good but one, that is, God (Mark 10:18)
For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation (2 Cor 7:10)

Salvation is a gift given freely by the grace of God through faith alone in the Lord Jesus Christ. You cannot earn or work for a gift else it is not a gift. Good works, sacraments, observing days, church membership or attendance, baptism, religious rituals will not help you. You must repent from trusting in these or any other works. Trust only in the Lord Jesus Christ and His shed blood as the complete, finished and only payment for all your sins. Then God will forgive all your sins.
Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all that believe (Rom 3:22)
But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness (Rom 4:5)
the foundation of repentance from dead works (Heb 6:1)
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works (Eph 2:8-9)
the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord (Rom 6:23)
But if it be of works, then it is no more grace (Rom 11:6)

You must repent of belief in any other God, gods, idols and false religions.
God … commandeth all men every where to repent (Acts 17:30)

You must believe that there is no other way to salvation.
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved (Acts 4:12)
Jesus said, “I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me (John 14:6)
And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins (Heb 10:11)
But Jesus Christ “offered one sacrifice for sins for ever” (Heb 10:12)

The only way to be saved is to believe that you are saved forever just through faith in the crucified and risen Lord Jesus Christ and His shed blood as the complete payment for all your sins.
Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved (Acts 16:31)
whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life (John 3:15)
the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth (Rom 1:16)

Jesus, who never sinned, was beaten, mocked, spat upon, and the hairs of His beard pulled out. They put a crown of thorns on Him and beat it onto His head. His back was scourged repeatedly, tearing open His flesh. He carried a rough wooden cross to Calvary. They drove metal spikes into both of Christ’s hands and feet, crushing bone and into nerve tissue. Jesus then hung on that torturous cross for six hours. Our sins cost Christ that punishment. Yet Jesus endured all that unto death to shed His blood as payment for all your sins because of how much He loves you. Any attempt is to reject Christ crucified. Now just believe and be saved. The resurrection of Jesus Christ proves His sacrifice was accepted by God.
he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities (Isa 53:5)
Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame (Heb 12:2)

Any attempt to earn salvation through works or merit is to mock and despise His great sacrifice.
They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him (Titus 1:16)

As Christ died on the cross He declared to the world and for all time, “It is finished” (John 19:30). Noting can be added to the finished work of salvation by the Lord Jesus Christ at the cross.

Salvation is guaranteed forever the moment you trust in Christ, nothing can take it away.
Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him (2 Cor 2:9)

The gospel of Jesus Christ is the greatest news ever and it is about the greatest love ever.
to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge (Eph 3:19)

Salvation is a one-time event received through faith alone in the risen Lord Jesus Christ crucified for our sins.
Jesus said, Ye must be born again (John 3:7)

3. To be saved, believe that you have sinned and are justly under God’s damnation (ungodly). Until you believe you are damned and need Christ as your Saviour, you cannot be saved. Do not trust in any merit of your own, works, or any other way. Now just believe and trust in Jesus Christ alone as your Saviour. Believe in who He is – God Almighty, the Son of God, and the only Saviour. Believe in what Christ did for you - completely paid for all your sins by shedding His holy blood on the cross, was buried and rose from the dead. Now believe and trust in what Jesus has promised you – everlasting life guaranteed forever through faith in Him.
Jesus said, Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life (John 6:47)

If you have believed in the crucified and risen Lord Jesus Christ and trusted in His total payment for all your sins by His shed blood, you are saved forever and cannot lose your salvation. The Lord Jesus Christ is God and the Almighty Saviour, never lost anyone who trusted in Him, and would never lie.
him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out (John 6:37)
I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish (John 10:28)
In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins (Col 1:14)
having forgiven you all trespasses (Col 2:13)
I will never leave thee nor forsake thee (Heb 13:5)

Tell others the gospel of Christ so that they too can be saved (Rom 1:16, 1 Cor 15:1-4, Acts 16:30-31, Rom 3:25, Eph 1:13, 2:8-9).
Read the Holy Bible as often as possible. It is the word of God. Concentrate on the Gospel of John, the later part of the Acts of the apostles (9-28) and especially Paul’s letters (Romans through Philemon). Paul is “the apostle of the Gentiles” (Rom 11:13) and his letters preach, declare and defend the gospel of Jesus Christ (Rom 1:15-16, 1 Cor 15:1-4, Phil 1:17, Rom 15:16, 2 Tim 4:17). Paul’s letters are the key to understanding the rest of scripture (2 Tim 2:7, 2 Peter 3:15-16). All scripture is from the King James Bible – the word of God in English.