ECT WHERE WERE YOU BEFORE TIME BEGAN ??

DAN P

Hi to all and Eph 1:4 reads L Just as He CHOSE us for Himself in Him BEFORE ?PRO ( THE ) Overthrow of ( the ) WORLD ( FOR ) us to be holy and without blemish BEFORE / PRO Him in love !!

Here is another passage that show that He HATH CHOSEN / EKLEGOMAI BEFORE / PRO the overthrow of ( the ) WORLD !!

The verb HATH CHOSEN is in the AOTIST tense or PAST TENSE that points to before the TIME BEGAN !!

The Greek word WORLD / KOSMOS means the Universe , the Earth or Human Family !!

So , the BODY PREDATES all other groups , like PENTECOSTAL , PRETERISM , COVENANT THEOLOGY and the names go on !!

dan p

Last edited:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hi to all and Eph 1:4 reads L Just as He CHOSE us for Himself in Him BEFORE ?PRO ( THE ) Overthrow of ( the ) WORLD ( FOR ) us to be holy and without blemish BEFORE / PRO Him in love !!
My Eph 1:4 says:

Ephesians 1:4 KJV
(4) According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

andyc

Here is another passage that show that He HATH CHOSEN / EKLEGOMAI BEFORE / PRO the overthrow of ( the ) WORLD !!

The verb HATH CHOSEN is in the AOTIST tense or PAST TENSE that points to before the TIME BEGAN !!

Well if the earth was not yet formed, it would be before time began, wouldn't it?
I'm so glad you took the time to point this obviousness out to us.

The Greek word WORLD / KOMLOS means the Universe , the Earth or Human Family !!

So , ther BODY PREDATES all other groups , like PENTECOSTAL , PRETERISM , COVENANT THEOLOGY and the names go on !!

dan p

The body?
Human body?
Body of Christ (church)?

What are you going on about?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned

The Greek word WORLD / KOMLOS means the Universe , the Earth or Human Family !!

So , ther BODY PREDATES all other groups , like PENTECOSTAL , PRETERISM , COVENANT THEOLOGY and the names go on !!

dan p

None of your business

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Jerry Shugart

Since the LORD exists outside of time it can be said that believers were chosen before the world began. But in "time" no one is chosen until they believe.

DAN P

Well if the earth was not yet formed, it would be before time began, wouldn't it?
I'm so glad you took the time to point this obviousness out to us.

The body?
Human body?
Body of Christ (church)?

What are you going on about?

Hi and I mean the Body of Christ as you should noptice we are " in Christ " Jesus and that means OSAS !!

dan p

Danoh

So , the BODY PREDATES all other groups , like PENTECOSTAL , PRETERISM , COVENANT THEOLOGY and the names go on !!

dan p

The Apostle Paul's actual assertion is that the choosing he is referring to is IN Christ (as further explained in Romans 8, etc).

That is what election within BOTH aspects of God's TWO-Fold Purpose: Prophecy (ISRAEL) and Mystery (The BODY) it is the issue of service.

That is how Scripture defines Election - by HOW It uses words.

Isaiah 42:1 Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

Isaiah 45:4 For Jacob my servant's sake, and Israel mine elect, I have even called thee by thy name: I have surnamed thee, though thou hast not known me.

Isaiah 65:9 And I will bring forth a seed out of Jacob, and out of Judah an inheritor of my mountains: and mine elect shall inherit it, and my servants shall dwell there.

In other words, where The Mystery aspect of Election is concerned; before time began, God had determined that those who during this Mystery Age, would choose to place their trust in His Son, in turn, God would choose to place them IN His Son's Body to there conform them to the image of His Son towards His purpose for the Body as His HEAVENLY servants IN His Son unto His Son's glory.

Ephesians 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: 1:5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, 1:6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. 8:30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

To what other end also?

Ephesians 3:10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God, 3:11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord: 3:12 In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

The end of Ephesians 1, and elsewhere in Paul's Epistles, identifying who those principalities and powers in Heavenly are...

DAN P

The Apostle Paul's actual assertion is that the choosing he is referring to is IN Christ (as further explained in Romans 8, etc).

That is what election within BOTH aspects of God's TWO-Fold Purpose: Prophecy (ISRAEL) and Mystery (The BODY) it is the issue of service.

That is how Scripture defines Election - by HOW It uses words.

Isaiah 42:1 Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

Isaiah 45:4 For Jacob my servant's sake, and Israel mine elect, I have even called thee by thy name: I have surnamed thee, though thou hast not known me.

Isaiah 65:9 And I will bring forth a seed out of Jacob, and out of Judah an inheritor of my mountains: and mine elect shall inherit it, and my servants shall dwell there.

In other words, where The Mystery aspect of Election is concerned; before time began, God had determined that those who during this Mystery Age, would choose to place their trust in His Son, in turn, God would choose to place them IN His Son's Body to there conform them to the image of His Son towards His purpose for the Body as His HEAVENLY servants IN His Son unto His Son's glory.

Ephesians 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: 1:5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, 1:6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. 8:30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

To what other end also?

Ephesians 3:10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God, 3:11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord: 3:12 In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

The end of Ephesians 1, and elsewhere in Paul's Epistles, identifying who those principalities and powers in Heavenly are...

Hi and it is God who does the CALLING , CHOOSING , CHOSEN , OR ELECT , and not man !!

Only God can open a HEART !!

Acts 16:14 and Rom 10:9 !!

I need you to clarify that phrase !!

dan p

Truster

Before the creation I was in the decreed will of the Father. My name was written in the Lambs Book of Life and time awaited my arrival.

Truster

So, you're special?

I didn't seek salvation. The first I knew of my inheritance was when I was converted. I am not special. In fact if I received what I deserve I would have been dead 17 years ago.

I know what I know because it has been revealed to me by the Holy Spirit and has been confirmed in the scriptures. I am both blessed and comforted in what I know. I wish that everyone I have ever met could have what I have, but it's not mine to give or to grant.

oatmeal

dan p

In God's foreknowledge.

Romans 8:29

For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

1 Peter 1:2

Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Last edited:

DAN P

In God's foreknowledge.

Romans 8:29

For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

1 Peter 1:2

Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Hi and I have to disagree with your 1 Peter 1:2 passage , as Israel is also ELECTED !!

Israel is NEVER in the Body of Christ as referenced in Gal 3:l28 !!

In Rom 8:29 , Because whom He foreknew He also FOREORDAINED to have the same FORM as the image of His Son , in order for Him to be ( the ) FIRST BORN among many brethren !

The KJV uses PREDESTINATE / PROORIZO but FOREORDAINED is better and it means " to Determine BEFORE , also in verse 30 , 1 Cor 2:7 , Eph 1:5 and 11 and in Acts 4:28 !!

The first 2 verbs are in the Aorist tense and points to the past as to when God FOREKNEW the B O C !!

So it also means that we were saved in the beginning , BUT only God knlows who the elect , with Christ as the HEAD and never said of Israel as they are a NATION of Kings and Priests , Rev 1:6 and Ex 19:6 !!

dan p

oatmeal

Hi and I have to disagree with your 1 Peter 1:2 passage , as Israel is also ELECTED !!

Israel is NEVER in the Body of Christ as referenced in Gal 3:l28 !!

In Rom 8:29 , Because whom He foreknew He also FOREORDAINED to have the same FORM as the image of His Son , in order for Him to be ( the ) FIRST BORN among many brethren !

The KJV uses PREDESTINATE / PROORIZO but FOREORDAINED is better and it means " to Determine BEFORE , also in verse 30 , 1 Cor 2:7 , Eph 1:5 and 11 and in Acts 4:28 !!

The first 2 verbs are in the Aorist tense and points to the past as to when God FOREKNEW the B O C !!

So it also means that we were saved in the beginning , BUT only God knlows who the elect , with Christ as the HEAD and never said of Israel as they are a NATION of Kings and Priests , Rev 1:6 and Ex 19:6 !!

dan p

So you disagree with I Peter 1:2?

Take that up with God.