WHERE PARADISE

OCTOBER23

JESUS says to the Thief on the Cross........

TODAY, You will be with me in Paradise.

-- Where is Paradise ???

-- And what will be the Thief's Reward ????????

keypurr

Paradise, where is it?

Luk 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.

This brings up a question as to where is Paradise.

2Co 12:2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such a one caught up to the third heaven.
2Co 12:3 And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;)
2Co 12:4 How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

Rev 2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

How could Jesus be in Paradise the day he died if he had not yet assended to his Father on Sunday?

It appears that the comma was inserted in the wrong place.

Luk 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee Today, shalt thou be with me in paradise.

Translators are human too.

Rev 22:1 And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
Rev 22:2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
Rev 22:3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

...again He designates a certain day, saying in David, “Today,” after such a long time, as it has been said: “Today, if you will hear His voice, do not harden your hearts.” (Hebrews 4:7 NKJV)

Did Jesus go to paradise the day he died?

For You will not leave my soul in Hades, nor will You allow Your Holy One to see corruption. (Acts 2:27 NKJV)

He (David) foreseeing this, spoke concerning the resurrection of the Christ, that His soul was not left in Hades, nor did His flesh see corruption. (Acts 2:31 NKJV)​

Jesus' soul went to hades (his tomb), not paradise.

daqq

-- Where is Paradise ???

-- And what will be the Thief's Reward ????????

Perhaps begin here:

Genesis 2:8 Septuagint (Brenton's renders paradeison as "a garden")
2:8 και εφυτευσεν κυριος ο θεος παραδεισον εν εδεμ κατα ανατολας και εθετο εκει τον ανθρωπον ον επλασεν

http://bibledatabase.net/html/septuagint/01_002.htm