ECT Where is the Evidence Which Supports the Idea of Only One Gospel?

dodge

29y40t1.jpg

sad but true ! They have no clue how deceived they are.

Interplanner

You see things that are not there because you have to "prove" your fairy tale somehow.

"What God promised our fathers he has fulfilled for us, their children, by raising up Jesus...Therefore...I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is preclaimed to you. (because he is raised)." 13:32-39.

What is there not to see?

DAN P

That is because they are in love with their flesh.

Hi and like some have said before , You made it all up and never have disproved 2 Cor 3:13-16 , HAVE YOU , no GUTS , then you will never have much to say ??

All talk and no water in you TEA POT !!

dan p

Right Divider

Body part
"What God promised our fathers he has fulfilled for us, their children, by raising up Jesus...Therefore...I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is preclaimed to you. (because he is raised)." 13:32-39.

What is there not to see?
What is "preclaimed", grammar scholar?

Paul preached Jesus in a synagogue. That does NOT cancel the MANY other promises that He made to Israel.

Your ridiculous Commentarian Cancellationism is just that, RIDICULOUS.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am not interested in following Paul I am committed to the one Paul said to follow i.e. Jesus.
Paul's message is from the Lord Jesus Christ.
If one does not follow the message of Paul, they are not following the message of the Lord Jesus Christ.
The message Paul reveals to us is the message from the Lord Jesus Christ.
The message is from Jesus. The mouthpiece is Paul.
And the message given to Paul had some differences than the message that was given to the 12.

So, you bet your boots we are supposed to follow the message Paul gives!!!!
It is the message the risen Lord Jesus Christ told him to tell us.

That is not placing Paul on a pedestal, you moron.
And it certainly isn't isn't a message that Paul was the King of Kings and Lord of Lords instead of Jesus. as YOU have slanderously accused MAD of teaching.
And what really sad is that you knew it was a slanderous lie when you said it, and even went so far into the recesses of your dark heart to say that you would not retract that lie or apologize for spreading that lie.
It was your choice to tell that lie, and you chose to do it KNOWING it was not the truth.
That right there is the very type of person you have shown yourself to be right here on this very forum.
And then you are flabbergasted as to why anyone would doubt your integrity.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
In the resurrection, all the promises to the fathers were fulfilled, because it is the evidence that what he did justifies us from our sins, Acts 13:36 and Rom 4:25.
I agree with all the scriptures, and with the Church.

A Christian, is one who believes in the Resurrection. Paul (Romans 10:9 KJV)

Interplanner

The Res of Christ meant those things to Paul, so I'm glad you agree. It also was the enthronement of Christ on David's throne, Acts 2:30-31.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
The Res of Christ meant those things to Paul, so I'm glad you agree. It also was the enthronement of Christ on David's throne, Acts 2:30-31.
It only matters that He is risen. Beyond that, what are the bullet points? To me, they are, 1) Love, and 2) Church. :)

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Sure it can.

Within that aspect of the gospel of Christ that was prophesied: that concerns God's dealings with the nation Israel; that is known as the gospel of the Kingdom: said aspect can save Israel from...

What ever enemy nation as a foreign power over Israel God might temporarily allow to rule over their nation for their disobedience.

And it can save Israel from...

Any foreign power wanting to interfere with their God-given self-rule (once God has restored Israel).

And it can save Israel from their sins - both as individuals, and collectively: as the only, actual "one nation under God" in all history to this very day.

Would that some would actually pause at each of the following passages; actually allowing each word and phrase to witness their intended truth...

Luke 1:67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,

1:68 Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,

1:69 And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David;

1:70 As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began:

1:71 That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us;

1:72 To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;

1:73 The oath which he sware to our father Abraham,

1:74 That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,

1:75 In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life.

1:76 And thou, child, shalt be called the prophet of the Highest: for thou shalt go before the face of the Lord to prepare his ways;

1:77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,

1:78 Through the tender mercy of our God; whereby the dayspring from on high hath visited us,

1:79 To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.

Luke 1:30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.

1:31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.

1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

1:33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

The Gospel of the kingdom does not remit sins.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
WRONG:

Luk 24:45
Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

They were looking for a literal kingdom. However that offer was rescinded and from Matthew 12 forward He began to teach the disciples about His suffering a penal death as their substitute for their sins. But because the Holy Spirit was not in the disciples they could not discern what He was teaching until after the resurrection. Even as He taught the two on the road to emmaus they did not have the illumination of the indwelling Holy Spirit. It would not be until
Acts 2, the birth of the church, heh heh, that all believers in Yeshua' being the Messiah of Israel received the permanent indwelling of the Holy Spirit and thus like David and the prophets had power to prophesy, teach and preach God's gospel of the Messiah's substitutionary death, burial, and resurrection for sins. Phillip preached Isaiah 53 to the Ethiopian as well as the non Jewish Samaritans who all received the Holy Spirit giving them the capacity to learn spiritual truths.

The idea that Christ died only for the Gentiles until Paul allowed Christ's death to be effective for the Jews is as idiotic as Meshak and gT who are without experience in the word of God.
I still love them tho. Like my dog who I gave a dishonorable discharge to.

dodge

The Lord Jesus explained to them the surface reading of the Scriptures. But the following is not found there because it is hidden in the types:

"For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures" (1 Cor.15:3-4).​

Some believers say that the OT Scriptures revealed that Christ "died for our sins" because Paul wrote that the Lord Jesus died for our sins "according to the Scriptures". Notice that Paul also says that He rose again the third day "according to the Scriptures." The OT Scriptures will be searched in vain for any testimony that the Messiah would be buried and then rise from the dead "the third day". What Paul is saying is that the evidence of these things can be found in the "types" of the OT but these truths were not openly revealed. It was not until the Lord Jesus said that "For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth (Mt.12:40) that anyone understood that the Scriptures in regard to Jonas were a "type" of the death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus. It was not until after the Cross that anyone understood that the OT sacrifices were a "type" of the Lord Jesus dying for our sins.

Adam Clarke wrote: "It is not said anywhere in the Scriptures, in express terms, that Christ should rise on the third day; but it is fully implied in His types, as in the case of Jonah, who came out of the belly of the fish on the third day" (Clarke, The New Testament of Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, II, p.280).

The purpose of the Lord Jesus' death is described as the hidden wisdom of God:

"But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory"
(1 Cor.2:7-8).​

If the princes of the world would have known that the Lord Jesus was going to die for sins they would never have crucified Him.

Got it ! Jesus said He did YOU say HE did NOT.

Interplanner

They were looking for a literal kingdom. However that offer was rescinded and from Matthew 12 forward He began to teach the disciples about His suffering a penal death as their substitute for their sins. But because the Holy Spirit was not in the disciples they could not discern what He was teaching until after the resurrection. Even as He taught the two on the road to emmaus they did not have the illumination of the indwelling Holy Spirit. It would not be until
Acts 2, the birth of the church, heh heh, that all believers in Yeshua' being the Messiah of Israel received the permanent indwelling of the Holy Spirit and thus like David and the prophets had power to prophesy, teach and preach God's gospel of the Messiah's substitutionary death, burial, and resurrection for sins. Phillip preached Isaiah 53 to the Ethiopian as well as the non Jewish Samaritans who all received the Holy Spirit giving them the capacity to learn spiritual truths.

The idea that Christ died only for the Gentiles until Paul allowed Christ's death to be effective for the Jews is as idiotic as Meshak and gT who are without experience in the word of God.
I still love them tho. Like my dog who I gave a dishonorable discharge to.

re:
They were looking for a literal kingdom. However that offer

There never was an offer of that. Also, why mention that it was literal? If you think they were being offered a kingdom and the offer was rescinded, then it wasn't the reign of God in Christ, because that was here to happen no matter what.