When did Christ become the Head of the Church, His Body ?

beloved57

Many today believe that Christ being the Head of His Body the Church is something that came about during the NT era following his death, burial and resurrection. Thats a mistake because Christ before Creation was the Head of His Body the Church. Col 1:14-18

14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

15Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

17And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

18And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Notice the phrase : "who is the beginning"

This agrees with the Apostle John in his Gospel Jn 1:1-4

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him [as stated in Col 1:16]; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4In him was life/lives; and the life was the light of men.

The Life that was in Him is the Life of His Body the Church

The world was Created/Made by Christ as the Head of His Body the Church !

beloved57

In essence Christ was the Head of His Body the Church before Adam was Created, and became the head of his seed in him if not, then it means that earthy adam became a head before the heavenly Christ, hence in the matter of Headship adam would have the preeminence, which would defy Col 1:18

18And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

beloved57

When Christ Created this World it was for the best interest of His Body the Church Prov 8:22-31

22 The Lord possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.

23 I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.

24 When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.

25 Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth:

26 While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.

27 When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth:

28 When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep:

29 When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth:

30 Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;

31 Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.

Nanja

When Christ Created this World it was for the best interest of His Body the Church Prov 8:22-31

24 When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.

26 While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.

27 When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth:

28 When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep:

29 When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth:

30 Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;

31 Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.

Amen to all 3 parts !

Christ became the Head of the Church, His Body, from Everlasting, when the Father had chosen them in union with His Son to have forgiveness of sins Eph. 1:4-11 according to His Eternal Purpose in Christ Eph. 3:11; that is, to give His Life on behalf of them Eph. 5:25 as Covenant Head and Surety when, even then, they were the Son's delights, and viewed by God as His Vessels of Mercy Rom. 9:23; Ps. 103:17.

clefty

When He created...Sabbath...made it Holy...

His Church is those that agree that He and His are Holy...that simple

No wonder He is the Lord of the Sabbath...

Made Holy even before sin...imagine that...

beloved57

Amen to all 3 parts !

Christ became the Head of the Church, His Body, from Everlasting, when the Father had chosen them in union with His Son to have forgiveness of sins Eph. 1:4-11 according to His Eternal Purpose in Christ Eph. 3:11; that is, to give His Life on behalf of them Eph. 5:25 as Covenant Head and Surety when, even then, they were the Son's delights, and viewed by God as His Vessels of Mercy Rom. 9:23; Ps. 103:17.

Amen, very few see that blessed truth.