When "BLM" doesn't matter...

Lon

Not 'black lives,' lives matter. In cases where there is prejudism, whatever color is downtrodden, matters. This isn't about that, but about incredibly misguided behavior and poor judgement and duped masses without critical thinking skills.

What I believe is different is 'what' lives matter to the "BLM" movement, antifa, and other attachments:

Somehow, the death of a criminal became 'every man' for BLM. How did that happen? To the exclusion of innocent childrens' lives that we'd otherwise think DID matter?

The NYDailyNews reports the first man killed after the first criminal's death, was immediately another criminal's death, shot by the pawn shop owner for looting his store.
Scared, the 59 year old pawn shop owner shot and killed one man breaking into his shop and now his life 'doesn't matter' as he is facing murder charges. Worth the marching and looting in the streets? Does "BLM" matter at the point of the loss of two lives?

A young black man, siting in his Dodge with friends, was shot and killed during protest and riots by another black man with a light complexion.

What in the world is going on when one involved with demonstrating during "BLM" kills another who's life is supposed to matter?
Did "BLM" matter when it is complicit in the killing of more "BL"s?

The next victim, Barry Perkins in this supposedly meaningful demonstration of "Lives Mattering" was a looter/protester that hoped up on a Fed Ex truck. The mob scared the driver half to death, breaking in and looting his truck. Rightfully fearing for his life, the Fed Ex driver honked the horn blasting his intention of getting out of danger. One man did not get out of the way and died underneath the semi-truck tires. Was this a 'meaningful' protest? Could it have in any way have been seen as justified? Does one thugs life warrant thug and criminal behavior? Is it even possible for any black life, be seen to 'matter' when these and others' lives are blatantly placed on the 'not mattering' list?

17 people were killed during the Altanta demonstration and looting. 2 of them small children.

The impassioned father of his shot-to-death 8 year old daughter asked "Black lives matter???!!? "They say Black Lives Matter. You killed your own," Williamson said. "They killed my baby because she crossed a barrier and made a U-turn? You killed a child. She didn't do nothing to nobody. Black Lives Matter? You killing your own. You killed an 8-year-old child. She ain't did nothing to no one of y'all. She just wanted to get home to see her cousin. That's all she wanted to do."

Television commentator Matt Walsh: "Police shot 9 unarmed black people all of last year. 25 people were shot just in Atlanta. Yesterday. And not by police. BLM says the first thing is a crisis worthy of rioting but the second is not."

"In 2018, the latest year for which such data have been published, African-Americans made up 53% of known homicide offenders in the U.S. and commit about 60% of robberies, though they are 13% of the population," Heather Mac Donald wrote in The Wall Street Journal.

"In 2018 there were 7,407 Black homicide victims," she went on. "Assuming a comparable number of victims last year, those nine unarmed Black victims of police shootings represent 0.1% of all African-Americans killed in 2019. By contrast, a police officer is 18½ times more likely to be killed by a Black male than an unarmed Black male is to be killed by a police officer."

Mac Donald continued: "A 2015 Justice Department analysis of the Philadelphia Police Department found that White police officers were less likely than Black or Hispanic officers to shoot unarmed Black suspects. Research by Harvard economist Roland G. Fryer Jr. also found no evidence of racial discrimination in shootings. Any evidence to the contrary fails to take into account crime rates and civilian behavior before and during interactions with police."

Do black lives matter over an above all other lives? Do black thug lives matter so much as to end innocent lives, black or other, or even another thug's life? What is the trade off? Do any lives matter at that point when the disregard for any life is the result of demonstrations and looting? Can there possibly be a peaceful demonstration when looters and criminals are encouraged and marching right on the tail of irresponsibility?

It is my estimation that news has stoked these fires and is directly (not indirectly) responsible for these meaningless (not that they cannot be meaningful, they just aren't) marches, looting, violence, destruction, and death. They may not 'be' the criminals involved but they egged criminals and the irresponsible on, all the while disregarding the lives harmed in the wake of their angst and political maneuvering.

"BLM" doesn't matter when it and those riding on the shirt-tails are criminals, looters, and bent on rowdy mindless destruction. It isn't a protest, it is thuggery. "BLM" doesn't matter when they cannot distinguish between lives that really do matter, innocent young lives and the Fed Ex driver just trying to go to his next drop, or the child just wanting to be home, no. "BLM" doesn't matter at all and they need to be penalized no less than $500 per illegal marcher and/or 30 days minimum in jail specifically because "BLM" doesn't matter when no other lives matter. Innocent and community enriching lives matter. Thugs' lives may matter to someone but not to the exclusion or over importance of these other beneficial and potential, meaningful lives.

Lon

Black lives matter. Black Lives Matter does not matter.
If BLM mattered, in light of all the harsh, damaging things its produced, including lives lost, it'd be a hard hard pill to swallow. It is started and perpetually a movement of harm and shame, not of lives, any lives mattering.

I read two days ago: "No lives matter until Black Lives Matter." Is it really the platform of whites, blacks, and others, that until the nation gives into black criminal lives mattering, that no life matters at all? They may have meant that comparatively, no life matters if all lives aren't held in esteem, but by their choice of comparison, they elevated their own color above anything else that matters, and partook in actions that killed other people. An example of such, were the kids that kicked every other colored professor off campus, unless they were black, by violent threat of force. Pushing back in anger, hate, and malice is NOT the answer and can never accomplish what leveler heads like MLK have advocated. This whole movement is tainted and doomed to a violent wrongheaded chapter in our history. It has no grace, no love, no genuine concern, no decency, not meeting of minds, and is driven by a hard-hearted press.

eider

Not 'black lives,' lives matter. In cases where there is prejudism, whatever color is downtrodden, matters. This isn't about that, but about incredibly misguided behavior and poor judgement and duped masses without critical thinking skills.
The majority populations of many countries in the World disagree with you.
Somehow, the death of a criminal became 'every man' for BLM. How did that happen? To the exclusion of innocent childrens' lives that we'd otherwise think DID matter?
Mr Floyd was not a criminal, probabaly had not committed a crime.
Please ask about this if you need help with it.

The NYDailyNews reports the first man killed after the first criminal's death, was immediately another criminal's death, shot by the pawn shop owner for looting his store.
Scared, the 59 year old pawn shop owner shot and killed one man breaking into his shop and now his life 'doesn't matter' as he is facing murder charges. Worth the marching and looting in the streets? Does "BLM" matter at the point of the loss of two lives?
Every incident involving a death needs to be investigated. Nothing is final until a Court decides that it is.

A young black man, siting in his Dodge with friends, was shot and killed during protest and riots by another black man with a light complexion.
What in the world is going on when one involved with demonstrating during "BLM" kills another who's life is supposed to matter?
Did "BLM" matter when it is complicit in the killing of more "BL"s?
When crowds congregate then individuals can lose control........ The crowd is not the actions of a few.

The next victim, Barry Perkins in this supposedly meaningful demonstration of "Lives Mattering" was a looter/protester that hoped up on a Fed Ex truck. The mob scared the driver half to death, breaking in and looting his truck. Rightfully fearing for his life, the Fed Ex driver honked the horn blasting his intention of getting out of danger. One man did not get out of the way and died underneath the semi-truck tires. Was this a 'meaningful' protest? Could it have in any way have been seen as justified? Does one thugs life warrant thug and criminal behavior? Is it even possible for any black life, be seen to 'matter' when these and others' lives are blatantly placed on the 'not mattering' list?
When millions demonstrate then such situations can happen. Do you want everybody to go home? Do you want everything back 'as before'?
You can't have it, imo.

17 people were killed during the Altanta demonstration and looting. 2 of them small children.
The impassioned father of his shot-to-death 8 year old daughter asked "Black lives matter???!!? "They say Black Lives Matter. You killed your own," Williamson said. "They killed my baby because she crossed a barrier and made a U-turn? You killed a child. She didn't do nothing to nobody. Black Lives Matter? You killing your own. You killed an 8-year-old child. She ain't did nothing to no one of y'all. She just wanted to get home to see her cousin. That's all she wanted to do."
Television commentator Matt Walsh: "Police shot 9 unarmed black people all of last year. 25 people were shot just in Atlanta. Yesterday. And not by police. BLM says the first thing is a crisis worthy of rioting but the second is not."
Over 80 people die every day in the USA, from gun shots. What would you like to do about that? Have you ever run a thread about that?

Do black lives matter over an above all other lives? Do black thug lives matter so much as to end innocent lives, black or other, or even another thug's life? What is the trade off? Do any lives matter at that point when the disregard for any life is the result of demonstrations and looting? Can there possibly be a peaceful demonstration when looters and criminals are encouraged and marching right on the tail of irresponsibility?
It is my estimation that news has stoked these fires and is directly (not indirectly) responsible for these meaningless (not that they cannot be meaningful, they just aren't) marches, looting, violence, destruction, and death. They may not 'be' the criminals involved but they egged criminals and the irresponsible on, all the while disregarding the lives harmed in the wake of their angst and political maneuvering.
Black what? Black thugs, did you write?
Do you think that Black people are thugs because of some recent incidents? That's rather like saying that all police are murderers because of the actions of three police officers....

"BLM" doesn't matter when it and those riding on the shirt-tails are criminals, looters, and bent on rowdy mindless destruction. It isn't a protest, it is thuggery. "BLM" doesn't matter when they cannot distinguish between lives that really do matter, innocent young lives and the Fed Ex driver just trying to go to his next drop, or the child just wanting to be home, no. "BLM" doesn't matter at all and they need to be penalized no less than $500 per illegal marcher and/or 30 days minimum in jail specifically because "BLM" doesn't matter when no other lives matter. Innocent and community enriching lives matter. Thugs' lives may matter to someone but not to the exclusion or over importance of these other beneficial and potential, meaningful lives.
The majority of the World disagrees with you.
Black lives matter.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Black lives matter.

Nah

The rest of the world looked the other way during the Rwandan massacre

The rest of the world looks the other way even today while 5 million African children starve to death every year.

The rest of the world looks the other way even today while 40 million Africans are sold into sexual slavery every year.

Black lives don't matter for squat

Unless they can be used as political pawns by primarily white extreme leftists

Evil people like you.

Lon

The majority populations of many countries in the World disagree with you.
You mean that the lives of criminals matter more than the lives of innocents? :think: You might be right, but when they are destroying, looting, stealling, killing all in the name of a criminal, you might be a terrible people, you majority.

Mr Floyd was not a criminal, probabaly had not committed a crime.
Please ask about this if you need help with it.
Hopped up on Meth? The gunman for a previous crime? :think:
You cannot erase police reports, well unless you burn down enough courthouses in your 'righteous' angst.
Every incident involving a death needs to be investigated. Nothing is final until a Court decides that it is.
I don't need help reading police reports.
When crowds congregate then individuals can lose control........ The crowd is not the actions of a few.
Agree, it is the action of many thugs and criminals. Perhaps meaningfully misguided, but criminal nonetheless.
When millions demonstrate then such situations can happen. Do you want everybody to go home? Do you want everything back 'as before'?
You can't have it, imo.
All arrested, all fined for the loss of property and lives, sued by parents that lost children, yes. I do want to see that happen. There are consequences for illegal behavior.

Over 80 people die every day in the USA, from gun shots. What would you like to do about that? Have you ever run a thread about that?
Or knife wounds, or cars, or other. Guns don't kill people. Police having to put down a criminal may, otherwise criminals kill people and we'd want to see if those 80 killed are criminals or not. If so, it doesn't matter as much as you'd want it to.
Black what? Black thugs, did you write?
Do you think that Black people are thugs because of some recent incidents? That's rather like saying that all police are murderers because of the actions of three police officers....
:nono: I'm saying marching for thugs is NOT Black Lives Mattering and a poor association.
Black lives matter.
Violently marching 'for' other violent criminals? They support that and disagree with me? So much the worse for this world then, where children are killed, black children by black protesters with guns. No thug's life matters as much as those innocent lives lost. It doesn't matter how duped by media the majority is. It matters what is right. And what is wrong.

James 1:19My beloved brothers, understand this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to anger, 20for man’s anger does not bring about the righteousness that God desires.

ok doser

Hopped up on Meth?

At the very least he was guilty of committing the crime of driving while under the influence of two narcotic substances - methamphetamine and fentanyl. That alone was sufficient to take him into custody. His choice to resist arrest led to the progression of events as they occurred.

ok doser

Do you think that Black people are thugs ...

Of course they are, just as white people are.

Unfortunately black thugs exist in vastly disproportional representation relative to the general population.

Lon

Secoriea Turner's 8 year old black life didn't matter to the black BLM thugs who murdered her.

Generally, I spoiler the extra large pictures, but if any black life matters/mattered, her's did. Why are people so ready to put these lives in danger, in deference to those who have taken and or ruined lives?

People enamored with marches and movements and all the 'good' that was supposedly accomplished, don't man-up to the harm and damage these inflict. People who put these other lives in danger by their negligent acts, need to be held accountable for every life taken, and every destroyed and stolen object. Paying for permits upfront, legally would have been the 'right' way. Marching for innocent lives, like the girl pictured above, should be done, and should be done legally, with all the semblance of permits and propriety that warrant it.

A very large part of this irresponsibility is due to cabin fever angst of being forced to stay home and has little to do with anything but a willingness toward criminality. They don't care about the innocent lives. They didn't stay at home to save the elderly from their spread of Covid. They didn't stop the man standing next to them who threw the brick at the police, nor did they stop theft and vandalism. Its a terrible, violent, angry and delinquent movement wrought with the worst of society values.

James 1:19My beloved brothers, understand this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to anger, 20for man’s anger does not bring about the righteousness that God desires.

ok doser

Generally, I spoiler the extra large pictures ...

When I post something like that from my phone it automatically sizes it. I assumed that it was happening on the TOL end but I guess it's happening on my end. Sorry about that.

Lon

When I post something like that from my phone it automatically sizes it. I assumed that it was happening on the TOL end but I guess it's happening on my end. Sorry about that.

It is exactly the right size for this occasion. We need to remember her. When people are complicit for these marches and acting out, they are complicit as well, in her murder. Why? Because they are acting out without a shred of ownership of the outcomes that are harming others. I've gone beyond debate over BLM, when it no longer cares about any other human life and endangers everybody and their property that we taxpayers also will have to pay for (I cannot pay to redeem a lost life but WOULD do so if possible, that's a different story), then it is time to post a thread for decency and a post with reprimand for irresponsible and criminal behavior. It is no longer okay to be 'BLM' when by association, black and other lives are lost, and resources are meaninglessly destroyed. It was bad enough these 'peaceful' demonstration marches were done illegally as if they really couldn't wait to get the permit or be bothered with the fee :noway: At this point, any semblance of message or even reason, is completely lost in the total disregard for any human life or property.

Good on you for posting this little girl large and as a permanent reminder of irresponsibility and neglect where the message of BLM is lost behind horrible irresponsible behavior and selfishness.

Lon

This one is:
ballistics and other forensics will have to tell this story. He says his was not the gun, BUT it is still all part of this marching madness and irresponsibility. There is no way this can go on without people being complicit in these deaths. Yes I hate racial crimes. "NO!" I do not advocate, support, or look the other way when countermovements and actions take lives and ruin others. It is madness, irresponsible, acting out in unbridled anger, and completely inappropriate as well as criminal. Two rights don't make a wrong and these can never be seen as excusable.

I'm seldom involved in politics, but some voice of reason and rightness and moral responsibility needs to be voiced during this madness. I am not complicit nor silent in this atmosphere. This movement is wrong, at this point in time, regardless of what good might be desired. There is continuing complicity in all the harm being done, advanced and platformed by this movement with no morally responsibility taken for those wicked acts.

Lon

btw, the majority are usually quiet, and moral, and staying home. You usually only hear about us when we vote and then spend years trying to figure out 'why' we voted as we did.

God's Truth

The issue of the times right now is that since more black people are arrested it means they are arrested because they are black and not because more black people commit more crimes.

There can't be an excuse about poverty being the cause of more crime in the black community.

eider

You mean that the lives of criminals matter more than the lives of innocents? :think: You might be right, but when they are destroying, looting, stealling, killing all in the name of a criminal, you might be a terrible people, you majority.
'They'........ You want to turn a whole demonstration in to a mass of criminals, it seems.
Protesting people are not criminals.

Hopped up on Meth? The gunman for a previous crime? :think:
You cannot erase police reports, well unless you burn down enough courthouses in your 'righteous' angst.

I don't need help reading police reports.
If you do away with trials and Courts you get a Police State. YOu sure would be screaming then, I reckon.
But in any case, no....... Mr Floyd was a Rehabilitated offender, and had (in all probability) not committed any crime on the occasion that he was held and murdered. When shop staff let a person complete a purchase and then leave it's usually either them or the shop management that are committing the crime. I've caught a few shops doing that, to get rid of bad notes that they have either taken or want to cleanse..........

Agree, it is the action of many thugs and criminals. Perhaps meaningfully misguided, but criminal nonetheless.
All arrested, all fined for the loss of property and lives, sued by parents that lost children, yes. I do want to see that happen. There are consequences for illegal behavior.
Oh dear........ Demonstrations and Protests banned by Lon...... all protesters will be arrested as thugs! Good luck with that, Lon, 'cos you've just shattered your own Constitution and replaced it with a police-state.

Or knife wounds, or cars, or other. Guns don't kill people. Police having to put down a criminal may, otherwise criminals kill people and we'd want to see if those 80 killed are criminals or not. If so, it doesn't matter as much as you'd want it to.
In which case you won't mind if Protesters and Demonstrators carry guns with them for protection, which is what started happening in Portland, we hear, when forces started to act violently against innocent demonstrators.
You want 'Right to carry guns' etc but that would be just for you, eh?

:nono: I'm saying marching for thugs is NOT Black Lives Mattering and a poor association.

Violently marching 'for' other violent criminals? They support that and disagree with me? So much the worse for this world then, where children are killed, black children by black protesters with guns. No thug's life matters as much as those innocent lives lost. It doesn't matter how duped by media the majority is. It matters what is right. And what is wrong.

James 1:19My beloved brothers, understand this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to anger,
I agree with James 1 then, Lon, you need to Listen to the people, be slow to speak, slow to anger ..........
Because your view as shown above is so out of sync with what so many in the World think that maybe you should think again?

Mr Floyd was an innocent man, murdered by policemen.

eider

btw, the majority are usually quiet, and moral, and staying home. You usually only hear about us when we vote and then spend years trying to figure out 'why' we voted as we did.

So you feel that you are part of 'the majority'?
I've had the impression (before) that you feel somewhat distanced from 'the majority' Lon.
Anyway, just now I don't think you're with 'the majority' about BLM. It's not just in the US, Lon.......... it's become a movement around the World.
Please don't tell me that you need 'Years to figure out 'why' the World is moving this way'.