What Would Be The Essential Components of Ensuring Eternal Life in Heaven.

Right Divider

Body part

Jenkins

Why wouldn't it?

Do what?

The second command?

Look, I'm done trying to read your mind. The next time you post something cryptic or nonsensical, I'll ignore it. If you persist, I'll ignore you altogether.

Clete
Loving one's neighbor is the Second Command per Jesus Christ. Sorry to have not referred to it as such.

The First Command is to love God.

Jenkins

Why wouldn't it?

Do what?

The second command?

Look, I'm done trying to read your mind. The next time you post something cryptic or nonsensical, I'll ignore it. If you persist, I'll ignore you altogether.

Clete
Do you love your neighbors as you love yourself? Pay their rent, utilities, insurance, car expense, clothing, food?

marke

OK.

OK.

Those who commit sin are not free from sin.
Thank God the truth has freed us from committing sin. (John 8:32-34)
Have you ever thought God was talking to you when He said to give diligence to make your calling and election sure? If you have already achieved sinless perfection do you think verses like that don't pertain to you?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Do you love your neighbors as you love yourself? Pay their rent, utilities, insurance, car expense, clothing, food?
Paying my neighbors bills would be the opposite of love. What sort of mental gymnastics are you performing that tells you that relieving someone of their responsibilities is a loving thing to do?

Do you want people to pay your debts? If you do then you're a fool and deserve the poverty life will bring you.

2 Thessalonians 3:10 For even when we were with you, we commanded you this: If anyone will not work, neither shall he eat.​

Do you suppose Paul was teaching us to be unloving or could it be that you've got something upside down in your mind about what it means to love your neighbor?

Clete

Hoping

Banned
Have you ever thought God was talking to you when He said to give diligence to make your calling and election sure? If you have already achieved sinless perfection do you think verses like that don't pertain to you?
Yes, they do pertain to me.
Sinless obedience to God isn't the end all of my relationship with God.
Finishing my life faithfully is the "achievement" I desire.
The rest of 2 Peter 1:10 completes your thought..."Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:"
"If"..."Shall".

Jenkins

From post #52..."What do you routinely do to glorify God and manifest both the life and death of our Savior?"
No TV/Videos/Hollywood/Sports/Drama, small amount of News, numerous Scripture passages every day w/various references consulted, hundreds of YouTube hrs. of Biblical Academic Doctrine &Theology, various thematic books on Doctrine & exegetical processes, church Bible study, daily confession/worship unto The Father, Supplication for family, inlaws, neighbors, friends, people I meet, where I live, food to neighbors and friends, funds to variety of Church & Parachurch entities, 37 years in Parachurch work but now just keep in touch. Speak of God's Redemption per opportunities. Gave up nonsense hobbies. All I can think of for now.

Last edited:

Jenkins

If you love your neighbor because there's a rule that says to do so then your doing so will profit you nothing. Such works will be burned up on Judgment Day.
Unfortunate ideology. Jesus said, "If you love me keep my Commands." Obedience to Commands will not bring spiritual Salvation unto Heaven, but obedience does bring:

1.) Temporal Beneficence and Pragmatic Outcomes.
2.) Bema Seat Rewards at the Return of Christ.

Ignoring God's Commands thru Christ is not a good policy.

Jenkins

Paying my neighbors bills would be the opposite of love. What sort of mental gymnastics are you performing that tells you that relieving someone of their responsibilities is a loving thing to do?

Do you want people to pay your debts? If you do then you're a fool and deserve the poverty life will bring you.

2 Thessalonians 3:10 For even when we were with you, we commanded you this: If anyone will not work, neither shall he eat.​

Do you suppose Paul was teaching us to be unloving or could it be that you've got something upside down in your mind about what it means to love your neighbor?

Clete
Tell us how you actually love your neighbors, unless you feel something is preventing you.

marke

Yes, they do pertain to me.
Sinless obedience to God isn't the end all of my relationship with God.
Finishing my life faithfully is the "achievement" I desire.
The rest of 2 Peter 1:10 completes your thought..."Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:"
"If"..."Shall".
What effort do you or should you put into current or future obedience to God since you think it is impossible for you to be disobedient now that you are saved?

Jenkins

What effort do you or should you put into current or future obedience to God since you think it is impossible for you to be disobedient now that you are saved?
Notice he will have no direct answer. Just as the Calvinists have no answer to the same question about Divine Determinism upon all of Creation.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Unfortunate ideology. Jesus said, "If you love me keep my Commands." Obedience to Commands will not bring spiritual Salvation unto Heaven, but obedience does bring:

1.) Temporal Beneficence and Pragmatic Outcomes.
2.) Bema Seat Rewards at the Return of Christ.

Ignoring God's Commands thru Christ is not a good policy.
Jesus taught the Law, Jenkins. He taught the law to Jews who were under the law. If you think you're a Christian because you obey God's commandments, you've been deceived. Understandably so but deceived nonetheless. Being a de-facto Messianic Jew MIGHT be just enough to get you saved but it is not practicing Christianity.

Romans 4:5 But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness,

Clete

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Tell us how you actually love your neighbors, unless you feel something is preventing you.
No.

Not until you respond to what I've already said with something more than one or two sentences. I doubt very much that you have any idea what loving your neighbor even means and its becoming pretty obvious that you're one of those who aren't here to have a real discussion anyway. You're a troll that pops in to write one sentence here and two sentences there just to try to get a reaction of some sort. I don't understand what sort of pathetic life people like that must have. I won't participate with it nor enable it. Engage in something interesting and substantive or find someone else's time to waste.

Clete

Last edited:

Jenkins

Jesus taught the Law, Jenkins. He taught the law to Jews who were under the law. If you think you're a Christian because you obey God's commandments, you've been deceived. Understandably so but deceived nonetheless. Being a de-facto Messianic Jew MIGHT be just enough to get you saved but it is not practicing Christianity.

Romans 4:5 But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness,

Clete
So sorry you are not reading well today, I will try to restate it.

Christians are saved entirely by faith in the Lord Jesus the final sacrifice for sins. Any good deeds performed by Christians after being Saved are then rewarded at the Bema Judgement Seat by Jesus. This is specified in 2 Cor. 5:10.

"For we must all appear before the judgement seat of Christ; that everyone may receive the things done in his body, according to that he has done, whether it be good or bad."

This will take place at the soon coming Rapture of all Believers. Hope this helps your uncertainty.

Jenkins

No.

Not until you respond to what I've already said with something more than one or two sentences. I doubt very much that you have any idea what loving your neighbor even means and its becoming pretty obvious that you're one of those who aren't here to have a real discussion anyway. You're a troll that pops in to write one sentence here and two sentences there just to try to get a reaction of some sort. I don't understand what sort of pathetic life people like that must have. I won't participate with it nor enable it. Engage in something interesting and substantive or find someone else's time to waste.

Clete
Remember, Matt. 5:16 has Jesus commanding "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and praise your Father in heaven."

If you do not love all of your neighbors as you love yourself, it is okay. You can still be saved from Hell.