What was your worse subject?

Em7add11

Official TOL band member
English, nobody was ever able to convince me why it was interesting. I can see why it's important, but why drag it out into college?

Math however........ :thumb:

Sozo

Re: What was your worse subject?

I was so bored in school, that I only did whatever was necessary to pass the class. I was in the top 5% on my basic skills tests (I don't know what they call them now), but I hated every minute of school. I never took a book home, I never did any homework and I never studied.

Freak

Re: Re: What was your worse subject?

Re: Re: What was your worse subject?

Originally posted by Sozo
I was so bored in school, that I only did whatever was necessary to pass the class. I was in the top 5% on my basic skills tests (I don't know what they call them now), but I hated every minute of school. I never took a book home, I never did any homework and I never studied.

Sounds like me!

:D

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Kate,

In most subjects, I would say that the teacher was very important. My greatest academic love (history) began when I had a teacher who loved the subject very much and did his best to make it fun to learn. I loved science (especially my senior year). I took both physics and chemistry my senior year. I had the same teacher for both. I don't think the teacher had anything to do with my success in physics though. That was just hard. We only had six students in the class and I got the second highest grade in the class (a C+).

Kate

My worst subject was also physics, and I blame the teacher, and old man who was so boring, you could die in the class. Now, chemistry was fun because we had lab!!! :)

Kate

I never had any problems with math because I had a great memory, I could memorize all equations and theorems in a split second, but in college when I took logic - that was a mistake! :D

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Kate
My worst subject was also physics, and I blame the teacher, and old man who was so boring, you could die in the class. Now, chemistry was fun because we had lab!!! :)

Yeah. The good ol' days. I had fun in the lab too. I still remember when we had to evacuate the science department. :D

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
LOL! Nope. I wouldn't claim the credit for mixing bleach with ammonia. My mom did that once when I was about 12. This time, it was the teacher showing us that those two compounds were toxic when mixed together.

Rapunzel

Goose's Publicist
I LOVED physics...and if you count Choir...I was an A Capella fanatic! English was really neat and Mrs. Cross..i LOVE you...and uhm..i'm going to have to say I hated chemistry.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by la rubia
I hated Math..... especially geometry.
Same here. I could hold my own but I had to work harder at it than I would have liked. My best subjects were choir and drama if you can count those. If not then I would have to say English.

PureX

I had a girlfriend in high school who's parents read all the time. They had thousands of books in their house.

I never read a book unless someone made me do it in school, and even then I probably wouldn't read it. But this girl's dad took the time to chat with me and to find out what kind of things I was interested in. Then he picked out a book and offered it to me to read. I think I read it partly because I was interested in the subject, and partly because I liked having an adult take my interests seriously enough to bother loaning me this book.

I really DID enjoy the book, and so he loaned me some more. And I have been an avid reader ever since. That fellow changed my life in a great way! Thank you Mr. Fenner!

The book he gave me was called "The Source" by James Mitchener. It was one of Mitchener's usual historical novels, but it was about the history of god.