What Was the Best News of 2014?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Christianity Today: Engagement Between Catholics and Evangelicals is the Best News of 2014 Proclaiming the Gospel Ministries] "Engagement between evangelicals and Catholics has gone to a whole new level. There's a shift taking place under Pope Francis. He seems clearly geared toward evangelicals." Read more." Pro-Gospel.org

Aimiel

The last part: "... 3 ...2 ...1... Happy New Year!!!"

Better is the end of a thing than the beginning thereof: and the patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit. Ecclesiastes 7:8

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
The last part: "... 3 ...2 ...1... Happy New Year!!!"

Better is the end of a thing than the beginning thereof: and the patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit. Ecclesiastes 7:8

"Eccl 7:8. connected with Ec 7:7. Let the “wise” wait for “the end,” and the “oppressions” which now (in “the beginning”) perplex their faith, will be found by God’s working to be overruled to their good. “Tribulation worketh patience” (Ro 5:3), which is infinitely better than “the proud spirit” that prosperity might have generated in them, as it has in fools (Ps 73:2, 3, 12–14, 17–26; Jam 5:11)." Jamieson, R., Fausset, A. R., & Brown, D. (1997). Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible (Vol. 1, p. 409). Oak Harbor, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc.

happy-new-year-2015-43.jpg

john w

Hall of Fame
The unofficial consensus, of TOL members, is that I was the "landslide" winner of the "2014 TOL Poster of the Year."

First, I'd like to thank all the wolves, and wolf-ette's, for making this possible, and necessary............

Last edited:

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
The unofficial consensus, of TOL members, is that I was the "landslide" winner of the "2014 TOL Poster of the Year."

First, I'd like to thank all the wolves, ansd wolf-ette's, for making this possible, and necessary............

Congratulations, Saint John!

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned

First, I'd like to thank all the wolves, ansd wolf-ette's, for making this possible, and necessary............

That's what all the chicks say.
emoticon-cheerleader.gif

republicanchick

[Christianity Today: Engagement Between Catholics and Evangelicals is the Best News of 2014 Proclaiming the Gospel Ministries] "Engagement between evangelicals and Catholics has gone to a whole new level. There's a shift taking place under Pope Francis. He seems clearly geared toward evangelicals." Read more." Pro-Gospel.org

the elections!

:cheers:

republicanchick

So you are Catholic. Why don't you self-ID as such.

not necessarily

he could be glad about Pope F thinking he will overturn true Catholicism...

not going to happen

but people who are anti-Catholic like to dream, ya know...

"I will build My Church and the gates of Hell will not prevail against it" (Mt 16:18)

nor will liberals of the 21st century...

++

republicanchick

I forgot to say that that last quote from Mt 16:18 was from

drumroll

JEsus himself...

Jesus promised his Church would NEVER fail... which means it will not, Cannot apostatize..

Jesus promised it won't... so you either believe Jesus or you believe he makes promises he cannot keep. Which is it?

++​

Buzzword

So you are Catholic. Why don't you self-ID as such.

Because I'm not.

And one does not have to self-identify as Catholic (or Christian for that matter) to recognize a religious leader showing a better example of Christ-like leadership than we have seen in decades.

Especially compared to the United States, where religious leaders prefer to bash gay people or try to sway politicians to enforce their Sharia-like ideas for laws instead of sharing the good news and loving as Christ loves.

Of course, the more one follows Christ's example, the more one will separate themselves from the religious establishment, as He did, so it's no wonder church people are so afraid of Pope Francis.

Lon

...prefer to bash gay people or try to sway politicians to enforce their Sharia-like ideas for laws instead of sharing the good news and loving as Christ loves....

Of course, the more one follows Christ's example, the more one will separate themselves from the religious establishment, as He did, so it's no wonder church people are so afraid of Pope Francis.
But I'm sure He'd NOT wear a batman costume with a schoolgirl uniform mixed in... Deuteronomy 22:5 and all that.

I'm not sure if you are being Transparent or not.