ECT what say Madist about this scripture ?

dodge

If memory serves me correct Madist do not believe that the D.B.R.( Mystery ) was taught by any other than Paul.

Jesus taught:

Jhn 20:9
For as yet they knew not the scripture, that he must rise again from the dead.

So if Jesus was right, and He was, D.B.R. is in the OT long before He left heaven and put on a body of flesh. So the D.B.R. was only a mystery to those that did not , and now know not, scripture.

P.S. if this is NOT a Madist belief I will delete this post.

andyc

If memory serves me correct Madist do not believe that the D.B.R.( Mystery ) was taught by any other than Paul.

Jesus taught:

So if Jesus was right, and He was, D.B.R. is in the OT long before He left heaven and put on a body of flesh. So the D.B.R. was only a mystery to those that did not , and now know not, scripture.

Well the problem is that they don't understand that the gospel has always been, faith in Jesus in order to inherit eternal life.
The DBR makes this possible, but faith in Jesus meant they were dependant him to forgive sins. Later they would understand the DBR, but while hey were trusting in him, their sins were forgiven.

The gospel has always been,and will always be, faith in Christ for the forgiveness of sins, in order to inherit the kingdom of God / receive everlasting life.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Jesus taught:

What did they teach was the purpose of the DBR?

dodge

So what did "they" teach was the purpose of the DBR?

Heb 10:9
Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.

It is finished= Sin for those that trust Jesus are paid in full by HIM.= i.e. GRACE.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
So what did "they" teach was the purpose of the DBR?

They taught Isaiah 53:12.

Therefore I will divide Him a portion with the great, and He shall divide the spoil with the strong because He poured out His soul unto death and He was numbered with the transgressors, and He bore the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.​

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
They taught Isaiah 53:12.

Therefore I will divide Him a portion with the great, and He shall divide the spoil with the strong because He poured out His soul unto death and He was numbered with the transgressors, and He bore the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.​

What does Colossians 1:26-27 mean?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Jesus taught:

Was Colossians 1:26-27 taught by Peter and the rest? Or, was it just taught by Paul?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Heb 10:9
Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.

It is finished= Sin for those that trust Jesus are paid in full by HIM.= i.e. GRACE.
Hebrews was after the fact.

And the DBR was not the mystery of which Paul spoke.:nono:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Acts 3:21 KJV
(21) Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Romans 16:25 KJV
(25) Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Something is different.
Things that differ are not the same.

dodge

Hebrews was after the fact.

And the DBR was not the mystery of which Paul spoke.:nono:

was the Lord Jesus after the fact in your belief ?

I have read by some that the D.B.R was the mystery that Paul revealed. So what is your take on the supposed mystery that Paul and no one else revealed ?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
was the Lord Jesus after the fact in your belief ?
That is probably the stupidest question I have ever been asked. Seriously, don't be an idiot.

I have read by some that the D.B.R was the mystery that Paul revealed. So what is your take on the supposed mystery that Paul and no one else revealed ?
Salvation by grace through faith and not works.