What Rights do We Have? Rights and Criminal Law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nydhogg

Not really. If you pay for stolen stuff you may lose it without any claim on fraud towards the fence, and the fence is still criminalized.

The right to liberty cannot be "endangered". It either is violated or it isn't. Same for most other rights, a violation does or does not happen. I can't accidentally or recklessly violate your right to due process, privacy or redress. I either violate it or I don't.

Property can be restored. Life or limb can't, or not that easily. It makes more sense to be more stringent on endangering life than endangering property, which can after all be repaired.

Thus on property matters only if there's actual infringement or attempt to infringe criminalization would make sense.

yeshuaslavejeff

this is absurdly empty thread - 2 acknowledged law-breakers, perverts, abominations in every sense,
further muddying an already destitute of truth forum with putrid banter.
it's like allowing child-molesters to hold meetings in your living room while the kids listen in from the stairway - the kids get more and more confused and/or scared because you allow them any access at all.

Nydhogg

We're talking political philosophy here, not things you would understand. Nothing to see here, move along.

I refuse to give any consideration to the thoughts of a man that describes himself as a slave. Free men don't listen to chattel.

Status
Not open for further replies.