ECT WHAT PHIL 4:9 IS SAYING TO ALL !!

DAN P

let's see if I understand what you are saying. You are saying the mystery is that Jews and Gentiles will be saved by grace, from Acts 15 on?

Hi and it means that all who are saved by Grace are ;PLACED / BAPTIZO into the Body whether Jewa , Greek , Bond or Free nor Male nor Female , Gal 3:28 !!

In the Body of Christ there are NEITHER Jews nor GENTILES as all lose there IDENTITY in Christ as the 4 verbs are all in the PRESENT TENSE which means ONLY in the Dispensation of Grace !!

dan p

DAN P

No problem. I think Dan P got bored with me.

Hi and I just sent a reply !!

Sometimes I do get BORED and do a little study BUT we need guy like you who do not understand DISPENSATIONALISM which I believe you do not understand , RIGHT ?

If you are Pentecostal , then tell me how you were saved with verses !!

Explain where Peter PREACHED the MYSTERY ??

dan p

Derf

Hi and it means that all who are saved by Grace are ;PLACED / BAPTIZO into the Body whether Jewa , Greek , Bond or Free nor Male nor Female , Gal 3:28 !!

In the Body of Christ there are NEITHER Jews nor GENTILES as all lose there IDENTITY in Christ as the 4 verbs are all in the PRESENT TENSE which means ONLY in the Dispensation of Grace !!

dan p

Good! This is good progress!

So if you are asking me whether Peter *ever* preached that all are saved by grace and that there is no difference between Jew and Greek/Gentile, the answer is a resounding "YES". And you gave the scripture reference: Acts 15:7-11 (expanded to include the beginning of his "sermon".

He didn't go into great detail about when this particular dispensation started or when it will end, or even whether he recognized it as a dispensation at all. But he did preach it!

DAN P

Good! This is good progress!

So if you are asking me whether Peter *ever* preached that all are saved by grace and that there is no difference between Jew and Greek/Gentile, the answer is a resounding "YES". And you gave the scripture reference: Acts 15:7-11 (expanded to include the beginning of his "sermon".

He didn't go into great detail about when this particular dispensation started or when it will end, or even whether he recognized it as a dispensation at all. But he did preach it!

Hi and he preached it , an it looks like you MADE that up ??

Either give a verse where Peter preached the MYSTERY and without verses you ARE BLOVIATING !!

I see you AVOIDED to give verses that prove HOW YOU WERE SAVED !!

If someone approached you in church , explain , HOW CAN i BE SAVED , what will you say ??

Let me give and example :

#1 , I was converted John 12:40 !

#2 , How about Acts 2:38 !

#3 How about Ron 19:9 !

#4 How about Eph 2:8 !

Or are you going to RUN ?

dan p

DAN P

Derf

Hi and he preached it , an it looks like you MADE that up ??
I made up Acts 15:7-11? You'll have to explain that better, as I'm not 2000 years old. Does it bother you to find out that Peter preached the sameness of the Jews and Gentiles?

Either give a verse where Peter preached the MYSTERY and without verses you ARE BLOVIATING !!
I've done that and you accuse me of making it up--though how you could think that is a mystery to me. How about if you tell me why you don't think Acts 15:7-11 applies. And remember--I'm using that because of what YOU said the mystery is. Peter didn't go around using the word "mystery", but he didn't have to in order to preach the truth of the mystery.

I see you AVOIDED to give verses that prove HOW YOU WERE SAVED !!

If someone approached you in church , explain , HOW CAN i BE SAVED , what will you say ??
I don't have any verses to "prove" how I was saved, as I mentioned already in post #94. I have statements from Jesus, Paul, Peter, Philip, etc., that tell me how TO be saved. And I have examples in stories of how others were saved. The common theme is belief in Jesus Christ. So that is how to be saved--"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved!" (Acts 16:31)

Or are you going to RUN ?
This is the second time you've asked this. I'm not sure what you are getting at. Run from what?

DAN P

I made up Acts 15:7-11? You'll have to explain that better, as I'm not 2000 years old. Does it bother you to find out that Peter preached the sameness of the Jews and Gentiles?

I've done that and you accuse me of making it up--though how you could think that is a mystery to me. How about if you tell me why you don't think Acts 15:7-11 applies. And remember--I'm using that because of what YOU said the mystery is. Peter didn't go around using the word "mystery", but he didn't have to in order to preach the truth of the mystery.

I don't have any verses to "prove" how I was saved, as I mentioned already in post #94. I have statements from Jesus, Paul, Peter, Philip, etc., that tell me how TO be saved. And I have examples in stories of how others were saved. The common theme is belief in Jesus Christ. So that is how to be saved--"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved!" (Acts 16:31)

This is the second time you've asked this. I'm not sure what you are getting at. Run from what?

Hi and when I ask how you were saved , all have run from the question , HOW WERE YOU SAVED ?

You have been the only one that has answered , even when you answer is WRONG , and here is why !!

Acts 16:31 reads , And they said , Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be SAVED , you and your household !!

There are 3 verbs in verse 31 , and the last verb " SHALL BE SAVED /SOZO is in the FUTURE TENSE , PASSIVE VOICE and in the Indicative Mood of FACT as written in Acts 16:31 !!

#1 And was your Household saved , and how many are there in your HOUSHOLD ??

#2 , The other 2 verbs are in the AORIST TENSE which by context is still O T GROUND !!

The Future tense is used because Israel is BEING set aside as Isa 6 and LUKE 13:6-9 explain !!

Read 1 Cor 2:14 and tell all how to get around that verse so God can save any one ?

Acts 16:31 is not in CONTEXT !!

dan p

Derf

Hi and when I ask how you were saved , all have run from the question , HOW WERE YOU SAVED ?

You have been the only one that has answered , even when you answer is WRONG , and here is why !!

Acts 16:31 reads , And they said , Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be SAVED , you and your household !!

There are 3 verbs in verse 31 , and the last verb " SHALL BE SAVED /SOZO is in the FUTURE TENSE , PASSIVE VOICE and in the Indicative Mood of FACT as written in Acts 16:31 !!

#1 And was your Household saved , and how many are there in your HOUSHOLD ??

#2 , The other 2 verbs are in the AORIST TENSE which by context is still O T GROUND !!

The Future tense is used because Israel is BEING set aside as Isa 6 and LUKE 13:6-9 explain !!

Read 1 Cor 2:14 and tell all how to get around that verse so God can save any one ?

Acts 16:31 is not in CONTEXT !!

dan p
This seems off topic, but let's follow the chain of thought...

So you maintain that I'm not saved? Then tell me how to be saved.

DAN P

This seems off topic, but let's follow the chain of thought...

So you maintain that I'm not saved? Then tell me how to be saved.

Hi and that is the problem , I NEVER said that you are NOT SAVED !!

Here again a Low informational type says , Tell me how to be saved !!

I respect for you has elevated and I have learned from those who know more than me !!

Read 1 Cor 2:14 and tell what it means to the best that you know !!

dan p

Derf

Hi and that is the problem , I NEVER said that you are NOT SAVED !!

Here again a Low informational type says , Tell me how to be saved !!

I respect for you has elevated and I have learned from those who know more than me !!

Read 1 Cor 2:14 and tell what it means to the best that you know !!

dan p

In essence you DID say that I'm not saved. You asked me for the verse(s) that prove I'm saved. I gave that, and then you wrote back that I'm WRONG.

But now you tell me that you can't tell me how to be saved, but that I should read 1 Cor 2:14. I'm pretty sure that Paul (nor other apostles) never refrained from telling people how to be saved--and though they referenced scriptures, they really did tell the people how to be saved.

This is what concerns me about what I've read from you in this thread. You have some very interesting, and sometimes intellectual sounding, arguments about what the scriptures mean, but you seem to hold off on the most important part of the discussion--answering the question, "What must I do to be saved?" Rather, you try to get people to question their salvation, for some reason. Is that a good approach?

Maybe my approach is too simplistic, but I don't think salvation is meant to be that complicated. Jesus died for our sins, and if we believe in Him, we will be saved. It is simple. God wanted it to be simple so it wouldn't be withheld from the lowliest and poorest educated (read "low informational") types--because He loves us and wants to save us whether we have a bible or not; whether we can argue doctrine or not (maybe more so if we don't try). Ask the thief on the cross if he can explain all the doctrinal nuances of dispensationalism. He didn't need to--he just needed to call upon Jesus to save him (which, of course, showed that He believed in Jesus).

So, here's my take on 1 Cor 2:14:
I don't think it is a salvation verse. There's no real indication that it is, though I've heard people use it that way quite a lot. It applies to those that have the Spirit of God, or that have been saved--it tells them how they may know of the things God has for them (1 Cor 2:9). It gives an indication of the relationship we have with God--as friends (like Jesus called His disciples in John 15:15) where He shares with us some of the things to come.

If it is a salvation verse, it's not of any use--giving it to an unbeliever (for whom it was not intended, according to Paul) as a path to salvation is going to frustrate them. It could only be used to say that if you're going to be saved, then you will begin to understand enough to be saved, but if you're not, then you're without any hope. I don't think God wants us to witness in that way. Paul never did.

Last edited:

DAN P

In essence you DID say that I'm not saved. You asked me for the verse(s) that prove I'm saved. I gave that, and then you wrote back that I'm WRONG.

But now you tell me that you can't tell me how to be saved, but that I should read 1 Cor 2:14. I'm pretty sure that Paul (nor other apostles) never refrained from telling people how to be saved--and though they referenced scriptures, they really did tell the people how to be saved.

This is what concerns me about what I've read from you in this thread. You have some very interesting, and sometimes intellectual sounding, arguments about what the scriptures mean, but you seem to hold off on the most important part of the discussion--answering the question, "What must I do to be saved?" Rather, you try to get people to question their salvation, for some reason. Is that a good approach?

Maybe my approach is too simplistic, but I don't think salvation is meant to be that complicated. Jesus died for our sins, and if we believe in Him, we will be saved. It is simple. God wanted it to be simple so it wouldn't be withheld from the lowliest and poorest educated (read "low informational") types--because He loves us and wants to save us whether we have a bible or not; whether we can argue doctrine or not (maybe more so if we don't try). Ask the thief on the cross if he can explain all the doctrinal nuances of dispensationalism. He didn't need to--he just needed to call upon Jesus to save him (which, of course, showed that He believed in Jesus).

So, here's my take on 1 Cor 2:14:
I don't think it is a salvation verse. There's no real indication that it is, though I've heard people use it that way quite a lot. It applies to those that have the Spirit of God, or that have been saved--it tells them how they may know of the things God has for them (1 Cor 2:9). It gives an indication of the relationship we have with God--as friends (like Jesus called His disciples in John 15:15) where He shares with us some of the things to come.

If it is a salvation verse, it's not of any use--giving it to an unbeliever (for whom it was not intended, according to Paul) as a path to salvation is going to frustrate them. It could only be used to say that if you're going to be saved, then you will begin to understand enough to be saved, but if you're not, then you're without any hope. I don't think God wants us to witness in that way. Paul never did.

Hi and I will reply Thurday , the 11 !!

dan p

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
It's your claim, not mine.

I see you put a lot of thought into that response.

Here's a question to get yer thinkin' motivated.

If the fiery trial was common knowledge , why would Peter say think it not strange when it happens?

The fiery trial is just one facet of the FELLOWSHIP of the mystery.

The Mystery is defined in the fellowship.

Last edited:

Derf

No problem. I think Dan P got bored with me. But we're getting into some meat now, in small bites.

I misread your quote of my own post. Apparently it was the other Dan (Danoh) that got bored with me.