ECT What is your view of MAD and MADists? (Strictly for people who are not mad)

God's Truth

The Lord said to "sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor" Luke 18:22 (KJV). What about Isaiah 2:4 (KJV)? And Matthew 17:20 (KJV): "If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove."

The New Testament times were during the laying of the foundation. When Jesus walked the earth and had his earthly ministry, he expected for the men to leave their homes and become traveling ministers with him.

In addition, during the laying of the foundation, God testified to the message by allowing the apostles do do miraculous things.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm surprised you'd doubt any peice of scripture.
The pharisees were simply looking to discredit Jesus as a fraud. They despised him more than the adulterous woman.
The woman was simply a tool that was used to try and trap him.
If Jesus forgave the woman, which is what they were expecting, he would be seen to be diregarding the Mosaic law.
If he agreed that she should be put to death, he would be seen to be disregarding Roman law. So they'd got him trapped.

The obvious answer to this, is that if he was operating under the Mosaic law, as the mads insist, he would have agreed that the woman should be put to death. The law totally condemned the woman, but Jesus didn't. The mads absolutely hate this, and they're dancing all around throwing up nonsense trying to get around it, but they can't.

Jesus came to save sinners, the law condemns sinners.

There are pieces of the story which are contradicted elsewhere by scripture.

You may come to realize that.

LA

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
The New Testament times were during the laying of the foundation. When Jesus walked the earth and had his earthly ministry, he expected for the men to leave their homes and become traveling ministers with him.

In addition, during the laying of the foundation, God testified to the message by allowing the apostles do do miraculous things.
Do you pray: "Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name: Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven?" I bless myself, and pray this. It makes me think of Isaiah 2:4 (KJV).

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus came to earth and taught the guidelines for the New Covenant.

The scripture that you call false, it is a scripture showing we can find forgiveness and mercy through Jesus Christ.

You should not change what I said.

The new covenant was not in force until after Christs death burial and resurrection.

Tell me how men who do not repent now, can repent in the after life as you claim?

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I did not change what you said. You should try not to teach doubt on the scriptures.

Quote what I had said.

Jesus taught the guidelines for the New Covenant.

Jesus had the authority to forgive sins before his death, burial and resurrection, and after.

Jesus did not forgive under the new covenant at that time.

Heb 9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
Heb 9:16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator. Heb 9:17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

Tell me how men who do not repent now, can repent in the after life as you claim?

LA

Interplanner

Quote what I had said.

Heb 9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
Heb 9:16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator. Heb 9:17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

LA

Since other things were done in anticipation of his death, I don't know it is necessary to say he didn't do anything in the new covenant. He certainly didn't forgive because of animal sacrifices!

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Since other things were done in anticipation of his death, I don't know it is necessary to say he didn't do anything in the new covenant. He certainly didn't forgive because of animal sacrifices!

Heb 9:18 Whereupon neither the first testament was dedicated without blood.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Meaning...that Matthew thru John are Old Testament ground.

Duh-uh.

Interplanner

Great quote LA, great angle.

The Gospel goes all the way back. The pictures in the Law are just pictures.

Danoh

You'll note I deleted my post.

As I had wished to respect andyc's wish, but had momentarily failed to notice I had posted that on his thread here.

Disregard my above post.

Interplanner

You'll note I deleted my post.

As I had wished to respect andyc's wish, but had momentarily failed to notice I had posted that on his thread here.

Disregard my above post.

I noticed Feldick was on TV tonight, and the first thing he said was the stuff you parrot, so so much for your books-free insults.

And the first thing was 2P2P. The church rules the heavenlies, like big stars that have 100x the energy output of the sun--whatever that's worth, while Israel gets the earth. 'Of course there'll be some kind of communication between us in the heavenlies and people in the Mill'--and other really smart and useful comments like that. Then off to I Cor 9 to talk about crowns and prizes. Wow a really bunny of a teacher. Hop here hop there.

God's Truth

Quote what I had said.

You said it was a scripture added by the RCC.

Jesus did forgive as only God can.

Matthew 9:6 But I want you to know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins." So he said to the paralyzed man, "Get up, take your mat and go home."

How many scriptures would you like to take out now since Jesus healed many as proof he forgave them?